Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
Dec 2, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #2,056 of 2,575
have u guys seen the philips A5pro deal on groupon.. $69 or something likedat...with add on discounts..blablabla

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #2,058 of 2,575
While these are taking my sleep...I'm thinking
Aren't DT250 & DT150 using the exact same size driver element? They look same the from the picture

According to this guy the DT880 and DT250 drivers are interchangeable...you just turn it counter-clockwise.

What's next...driver rolling??? :D seems like this driver shell is a kind of a standard in Beyers?

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #2,059 of 2,575
Grado fans already roll drivers!

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #2,060 of 2,575

That bass: https://open.spotify.com/track/4ZuUb2dslPem00Vb5Wt2mR
Sounds impressive

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #2,061 of 2,575

dt770headbanded...rubberbanded....
now BrainwazAngledHybrid earpad plastered :p

A slightly more concerthall ambience.. bigger bass attack...
and a speedier sound...this can didnt sound as inert neutral as before ( dt100velorpads)
Think i will keep this can TAPED UP...until the next cosmetic surgery :))

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #2,062 of 2,575
just a note...the new Xduoo X10 dap ($150-170?), powers the indestructible dt150 to great effects;
Very clean, spacious, slam..v refreshing absorbing sound...
this combo will bring a smile to the pocket for a " top notch" sound.  

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #2,065 of 2,575

and a speedier sound...this can didnt sound as inert neutral as before ( dt100velorpads)

You can just use a hair dryer to soften the plastic lip part of the Brainwavz earpad before installation and by the help of plastic bicycle tire levers (1 or 2) you can slide them on the DT150. 

Yes, they need to be stretched "a lot" but after this method I could try all my earpads from Brainwavz without tearing them.

I have tried all the Brainwavz earpads (except their latest genuine leather series) with this headphone and settled with the angled pleather Brainwavz earpads.  Greatest and holographic soundstage with great imaging. Angled ones certainly sound with more depth and more air. You only loose a tiny bit from the bass department which is also good in my book (or sound preference) and the clarity opens a tiny bit. I can say that the Hybrid Brainwavz earpads are the second contender. They are also very good.

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #2,066 of 2,575

Oh me oh my time for some alpha pads n zmf pilot pads

Make like a hummer h1

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #2,069 of 2,575
Why is the sound on these so euphonic? I am selling my HD 650s. I thought they would be more euphoric sounding than the DT 150s. I was wrong. While the HD 650s sound fuller in the mids, the treble is way too rolled off for my taste. I prefer the DT 150s. My only complaint is that these dont have much rumble. if it had the dt 990's rumble. these would be perfect. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #2,070 of 2,575
I recently purchased a DT150 based on all your comments (thank you for this!), and I have to say it has impressed me a lot out of the box. This is indeed a very engaging headphone, with plenty of dynamic range, which is something I am missing in the Nad viso hp50 for example.

I plan to use it mostly out of the SE output of my Audio-GD NFB28, but I was wondering if there was a balanced cable option for this headphone which does not require DIY abilities. This would allow me to use the balanced output of the NFB28 as well. I stumbled upon this 4-pin XLR cable used for the DT190 (Beyer ref part number K109.28). Do you actually know if this would be a true balanced cable compatible with the DT150 without any modifications required ?

Should I try it for the community
biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing your thoughts !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back