Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
Oct 10, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #541 of 2,575
  I recently bought a pair of DT100 and I have been driving them with a Sansui CA 3000 with excellent results. The right amplification does make a difference with this pair for sure. If this condition is satisfied then they are great: very controlled, detailed and still fun. I prefer them over headphones with a wider low frequency extension which most of the time alter the entire shape of the piece.

Great !
Remember with the old obscure Beyer designs...a good seal is key.
A DT100 with a good seal is quite a headphone....the peculiarities are worth the cash.

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #542 of 2,575
hows the bass quantity/quality out of a well powered dt100, just curious.. ?

Oct 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #544 of 2,575
  Thanks for the visual aid but this, seen in context of the video from which it is taken,  is just part of a time line indicating that the DT100 series was released in the 1960's. (the M88 was released in 1962 for instance) I would guess later in the decade than 1960. Not really important in the scheme of things but it would be nice to know.

Certainly an anniversary model of DT100/150 in the mould of the DT770 Anniversary would be nice at some stage. Perhaps a white DT150 with leather pads and headband ? or maybe not.

So after digging I have something for you.
The DT100 was launched in 1968..the original prototypes used Wood Earcups....Beyer later decided to use ABS for the sake of longevity.

Oct 12, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #546 of 2,575
So after digging I have something for you.
The DT100 was launched in 1968..the original prototypes used Wood Earcups....Beyer later decided to use ABS for the sake of longevity.

Great work ! Thanks for the info. I'd imagine the history of the DT100 would have been quite different if they'd have stuck with the wood

Oct 15, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #547 of 2,575
Hi All, I didn' know if I should open a new thread or reply in this one (but I made up my mind \o/) so here goes:

I've been listening to the DT-150s for about 2 years know (powered by an iphone and  - usually - my fiio e12) and I've been having a hell of a time. I am a punk/reggae listener mostly and I use these while skateboarding (it guarantees I don't hear any oncoming cars XD), about 90 minutes a day. For anyone still wondering after having gone through 37 pages of posts, they are awesome! Brilliant! Perfect! etc etc...

Anyway, the unthinkable has happened: I broke them. Well, actually, I used the earpads to the thread and the pseudo stitch has come apart. I looked at my options but could only find the same pleather pads that came stock. I think I also read that you could fit the dt-100s velour pads on it (but it requires stretching, I'm not too comfortable with that)

Is that really all there is? I may as well go with the pleather (skating and velour don't mix well).

Oct 15, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #548 of 2,575
  Hi All, I didn' know if I should open a new thread or reply in this one (but I made up my mind \o/) so here goes:

I've been listening to the DT-150s for about 2 years know (powered by an iphone and  - usually - my fiio e12) and I've been having a hell of a time. I am a punk/reggae listener mostly and I use these while skateboarding (it guarantees I don't hear any oncoming cars XD), about 90 minutes a day. For anyone still wondering after having gone through 37 pages of posts, they are awesome! Brilliant! Perfect! etc etc...

Anyway, the unthinkable has happened: I broke them. Well, actually, I used the earpads to the thread and the pseudo stitch has come apart. I looked at my options but could only find the same pleather pads that came stock. I think I also read that you could fit the dt-100s velour pads on it (but it requires stretching, I'm not too comfortable with that)

Is that really all there is? I may as well go with the pleather (skating and velour don't mix well).

There are more pad options like the Brainwavz HM5 pads from mp4nation and Dog pads from MrSpeakers.

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #549 of 2,575
Originally Posted by colt1664 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... I use these while skateboarding

You use THESE for skateboarding?

Well... respect man ^^

Originally Posted by colt1664 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyway, the unthinkable has happened: I broke them.

ehrm...

Originally Posted by colt1664 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... I use these while skateboarding

Not so unthinkable 
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #550 of 2,575
HM5 earpads dont fit on the DT150 (at least I couldn't do it, small pads). I have figured out to put Fostex T50RP original pleather earpads to fit on them. Slightly smaller earpads but suitible to stretch a little bit.

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #551 of 2,575
if the hm5pads didnt fit...i doubt the alphapads will too...hmmm.

The dt110velor pads came off quite easily...once it had been stretched to fit..?
i tot the cupsizes for both cans are the same?

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #555 of 2,575
HM5 earpads dont fit on the DT150 (at least I couldn't do it, small pads). I have figured out to put Fostex T50RP original pleather earpads to fit on them. Slightly smaller earpads but suitible to stretch a little bit.

I had no problems putting the HM5 pads on my DT150. Of course you have to stretch them, but they are rather strong and won't break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back