beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Apr 16, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #124 of 866
Apr 16, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #125 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by spunky_me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Chinese website got the No.0000 of the T50p, it is the prototype.
try it if you can read Chinese, or maybe translate it into English with Google translater.
±àºÅ0000!°ÝÑǸ߶˱ãЯ¶ú»úT50PÈ«ÇòÊײâ_ÒôƵÉ豸ÆÀ²â _|><|̫ƽÑóµçÄÔÍøPConline

Thanks. Not the most informative hands-on (given that no comparison were made), but the pictures are nice and extrude quality to me.

Also, It seems they were quite impressed by the quality of the bass and treble - I was rather worried for the former given the small size of the earcup (small drivers).

If Beyer has come up with a 229 € pair of headphones that can compete not just with the ESW9 / HD25 class but also with the ES10 / ESW10 class, they might have a best seller.

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #127 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@mayatlab: i doubt it can beat ES10/ESW10. Looks like its close competitor might just be senn hd 25-1 II

I think so too
smily_headphones1.gif
. Let's hope Tesla's not just some marketing label.

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #128 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by MayaTlab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think so too
smily_headphones1.gif
. Let's hope Tesla's not just some marketing label.

looking at beyerdynamics history, one can tell they have been in this industry for a long time making high quality products. It should be more quality than marketing compared to beats or bose. and yeah lets hope "tesla" is for real

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #129 of 866
Simple summary from the Chinese site.

1.Although seems too new to take serious review,some details just too "rush",but the
Highs (Ok, i doubt this is just mid-highs)sounds very good, especially Violin and female vocal.

2.Bye Bye the "Mid-recessed", T50p's mid just so emotion and rich of tones.

3.Bass amount not much, just enough, but tight,deep and accurate.

4.Speed and dynamics, when listen orchestra music, T50 has the best "Analytical" ability
than other portable headphone the reviewer ever heard. (I have no ideas does he ever heard ED8 or not?)

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #130 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by donthuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Simple summary from the Chinese site.

1.Although seems too new to take serious review,some details just too "rush",but the
Highs (Ok, i doubt this is just mid-highs)sounds very good, especially Violin and female vocal.

2.Bye Bye the "Mid-recessed", T50p's mid just so emotion and rich of tones.

3.Bass amount not much, just enough, but tight,deep and accurate.

4.Speed and dynamics, when listen orchestra music, T50 has the best "Analytical" ability
than other portable headphone the reviewer ever heard. (I have no ideas does he ever heard ED8 or not?)

Sounds like a baby T1 to me.

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #131 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by nierika /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a baby T1 to me.

And that would be quite nice to me since the T1 is supposedly rather versatile.

I doubt the reviewer compared them to the Edition 8 though
smily_headphones1.gif
, or even the ESW10 / ES10.

Otherwise the design seems well-suited for portable use and as far as I'm concerned I prefer a small headband rather than the thick one on the Audio Technica models (which seems bigger than it needs to be for such light headphones).

Did the reviewer mentionned comfort ?

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #132 of 866
I did get word from Beyerdynamic that they have been filling orders for local distributors, so I hope that implies these babys will be in stores soon.
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #133 of 866
Making statements like "I doubt it can beat the ESW10/ES10" is really stupid, considering you have no basis for it. Beyerdynamic is one of best sound companies around, we should only expect the best.

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #134 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Making statements like "I doubt it can beat the ESW10/ES10" is really stupid, considering you have no basis for it. Beyerdynamic is one of best sound companies around, we should only expect the best.

It might be a very good company, but it still has to deal with production costs and margins. And the T50p is priced for the 200 euros and something market, not the 300 one. Of course I do hope Beyer will be able to do more with less, but it always is a safer bet to doubt about it than to expect it (that way, you're never disapointed
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #135 of 866
Guys is there any ESW10 review floating around?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back