beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Apr 11, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #106 of 866
After hearing the T1s, I have a feeling these are going to be amazing. However, I think I will stick with my DT250s because my portable/work listening is for hours at a time (and I really prefer circumaural over supra-aural for that application). Beyer needs to ditch the Sony V700DJ clone and make something similar to this (with a single-sided cable) as a DJ headphone competitor to the Sennheiser HD 25-1. I have no doubt they would be very successful in such a venture.

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #109 of 866
I like your thinking...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyramid6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know they aren't released, but has anyone heard them yet?

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #111 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any word on the size of the drivers yet? tell me it's 50mm
evil_smiley.gif

Given the proportions of the earcups with the headband, and relative to the ES10 which has 53mm drivers, I'm pretty sure they won't have anything bigger than 40 and something mm drivers. Also, their rather "narrow" frequency response (which is obviously more than enough) is highly unusual on 50mm drivers but more frequent on smaller ones.

But in the end it doesn't really matter : the Edition 9 and 8 have 40 mm drivers and supposedly very good quality bass, for example.

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #112 of 866
oh, well I'm sure we could find some circumaural 40mm candidates to drivers transplant then
smily_headphones1.gif

the cd3k is given for 20Hz/20kHz...as long as it gives 20Hz/17kHz I'm cool, it's all just a game to impress newbies...0.001Hz/20MHz, do want
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back