beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Apr 5, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #91 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any words on whether that is pleather yet?

I sure hope it isnt

Tesla is no different a marketing term than any other namesake like Qualia, HDXXX, AKG KXXX, Orpheus. A marketing term, sure, but it at least has some basis in fact.

Me neither. For that much money it better be leather.

Are these on the ear or around it?

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #93 of 866
I thought I was getting the e-Q7 as my next portable, but I dunno anymore... These look freakin' sweet.

Apr 5, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #94 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarinetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought I was getting the e-Q7 as my next portable, but I dunno anymore... These look freakin' sweet.

Well where are you going to use these phones? IMO if the sound quality of these is better than the e-Q7s, I still might not get them because they would be inconvenient for use during my daily activities.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #95 of 866
I am very tempted to get these phones and recable them for RSA Protector.

Apr 7, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #99 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Press release link doesn't work... did Beyer change their minds? I really hope these aren't that portable, in that they're at least 100Ohm.

Taken from HERE:

But with the T 50 p (available end of may), a low-resistance 32 ohm coil converts as much magnetic power as possible into acoustic energy. In this way, we have an ideal partner for mobile devices with low output power.

LQQK

Apr 7, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #100 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really hope these aren't that portable, in that they're at least 100Ohm.

Why, low impedance (but not too low) is great!
jecklinsmile.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #101 of 866
This looks to me like beyerdynamic's attempt at spanking brands like skullcandy, dr.dre, and also the B&W P5 headphone. The market in good looking premium portable headphones will heat up more in the future. Swanky brands will face tough times.

Apr 10, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #104 of 866
Beyerdynamic will never be able to challenge skullcandy and the likes at sale rates due to two facts: a) Marketing and advertising aren't any close, probably because Beyer is just too small of a company. b) Clearly the price of the T50p ain't aiming at the masses, but a very tiny specific market - portable audiophile market.

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #105 of 866
These are the headphones i will purchase, hopefully they will be out by june.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back