beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Apr 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #136 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Making statements like "I doubt it can beat the ESW10/ES10" is really stupid, considering you have no basis for it. Beyerdynamic is one of best sound companies around, we should only expect the best.

obivously ES10 sounds better overall due to bigger drivers and bigger frequency response. Were talking about specs here. freak

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #137 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
obivously ES10 sounds better overall due to bigger drivers and bigger frequency response. Were talking about specs here. freak

The Edition 8 use a 40mm driver only and have a frequency response of 6 - 42000, both lower than the ES10. Yet, accordingly they produce a superb bass and are likely to be more detailed than the ES10.

What matters isn't specs, but rather price. The Ed.8 could use 30mm drivers and still sound better (technically speaking of course) than the ES10 if they were priced even higher (use of better materials, tighter tolerances, etc.)

Of course price isn't everything either, and the T50p and ES10 are priced sufficiently close for us to hope that Beyer has done a great job and can compete with higher priced headphones. Now, I doubt this, but I hope I'm wrong.

BTW, instead of "price", I should have said "manufacturing costs that actually goes into the sound quality of the headphones and not just its build".

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #138 of 866
MayaTlab, frequency response range specs without levels (e.g. -3 dB) are worse than no specs at all. Don't compare such values, don't even look at them. It's nothing but marketing.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #139 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MayaTlab, frequency response range specs without levels (e.g. -3 dB) are worse than no specs at all. Don't compare such values, don't even look at them. It's nothing but marketing.

That's precisely what I just said in the post above
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #140 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by MayaTlab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's precisely what I just said in the post above
smily_headphones1.gif

Hehe, okay then. I wasn't sure if you meant to say just that.

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #141 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by donthuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Simple summary from the Chinese site.

do they mention the drivers size by any chance? they look 50mm to me
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #142 of 866
Chinese review from google translation, easy to understand
smily_headphones1.gif

PConline evaluation room summary:

优秀的做工品质,出色的音质表现,极品耳机我们还能追求什么呢? Good work quality, excellent sound performance, the best headphones we can pursue it? 虽然产品依然透露着德国产品不追求外在美的特点,但是我们依然认为对于部分“成功人士”来说,这款耳机已经 尽善尽美了。 Although the product is still indicative of the German pursuit of external beauty products do not feature, but we still think of some "successful", the headset has been perfect up. 不做捆绑族的情况下依然能够有不俗的音质表现,令人称道! Makes the case remains tied up family to have decent sound quality performance is commendable!

根据我们近期与拜亚方面的沟通,拜亚动力今年会加大对国内市场的关注,特斯拉音圈技术也会继续向下延伸至其 他产品线。 According to our recent and Baia communication, beyerdynamic will increase this year, the concern on the domestic market, Tesla coil technology will continue to extend down to other product lines. 在森海塞尔更名风波尚未完全平息的情况下,我们认为现在正是拜亚动力的历史机遇! Sennheiser renamed the storm has not fully subsided, we believe that now is the beyerdynamic historic opportunity! 期望拜亚动力通过磁力线圈技术的优势,逐渐完善产品线,为更多的消费者提供精湛的合适的产品! Beyerdynamic expected benefits of the technology through the magnetic coil and gradually improve the product line, for more sophisticated consumers of the right products!

优点: Advantages:
1. 1. 音准出众 Intonation outstanding
2. 2. 纯正德国制造的品质 The quality of pure Germany
3. 3. 优秀的金属支架及人体工学设计 Excellent and the ergonomic design of metal stents

不足: Less than:
1. 1. 售价过高 Price too high

Apr 17, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #143 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by MayaTlab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Edition 8 use a 40mm driver only and have a frequency response of 6 - 42000, both lower than the ES10. Yet, accordingly they produce a superb bass and are likely to be more detailed than the ES10.

What matters isn't specs, but rather price. The Ed.8 could use 30mm drivers and still sound better (technically speaking of course) than the ES10 if they were priced even higher (use of better materials, tighter tolerances, etc.)

Of course price isn't everything either, and the T50p and ES10 are priced sufficiently close for us to hope that Beyer has done a great job and can compete with higher priced headphones. Now, I doubt this, but I hope I'm wrong.

BTW, instead of "price", I should have said "manufacturing costs that actually goes into the sound quality of the headphones and not just its build".

Ed8 is x 5 ES10 so dont compare. i still think the beyers cannot beat AT

Apr 17, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #144 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ed8 is x 5 ES10 so dont compare. i still think the beyers cannot beat AT

If I compared them, it is because you said that the bigger the driver, the better the sound, to which I answered that the size of the driver matters less than manufacturing costs dedicated to sound quality (therefore the comparison with the ED8 and their smaller but more expensive drivers).

And it is precisely because the T50p are not only likely to have smaller drivers but are also priced cheaper that I, as you do, doubt they'll be technically better overall. But I hope that Beyer will surprise us and make at least as good if not better with a smaller price and smaller drivers (and the Tesla technology might play a role there if it is more than just marketing).

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #146 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by donthuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Simple summary from the Chinese site.

Do they mention if the pads are pleather?

That would be a deal breaker for me... It really does look like pleather, but I've not seen an announcement about the material

Apr 17, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #149 of 866
They also said that Beyer plans to change their entire lineup. (If I understood correctly). That means maybe we get a DT880 with Tesla coil. I definitely want to try this driver type.

Apr 17, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #150 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They also said that Beyer plans to change their entire lineup. (If I understood correctly). That means maybe we get a DT880 with [size=large]Tesla coil[/size]. I definitely want to try this driver type.

oh my

Users who are viewing this thread

Back