CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 29, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #13,846 of 31,833
Yes just look at my list for proof.

Add that list to @HungryPanda 's list and you guys have one hell of a collection.

Have to admit I'm slightly jealous of both of you as you don't have a partner who thinks you're crazy and don't have to hide earphones around the house/in your car!!

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #13,847 of 31,833
Oh (for other gear) I know the addictiveness of those grey plastic bags who turn up as surprises cause often I even forgot that I ordered them, but I need to contain my self, they still sum up! I was already very happy about the quality of the KZ ATR after some EQing but need something better! Cheers people have a good evening

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #13,848 of 31,833
Wooden IEMs look great, but I'm just after sound quality and durability actually :wink:

What kind of music do you listen to? What kind of sound signature do you like?

I’m not familiar with the Sennheisers you had.

There’s so many choices in ChiFi now - it’s mind boggling. It’s a buyers market for sure!

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #13,849 of 31,833
Add that list to @HungryPanda 's list and you guys have one hell of a collection.

Have to admit I'm slightly jealous of both of you as you don't have a partner who thinks you're crazy and don't have to hide earphones around the house/in your car!!

There has still been a bit of that... and, he does have a partner who thinks he is crazy... lol. This is all headfi's fault. There should be a huge warning on the front page of the site. This place is full of enablers.

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #13,850 of 31,833
What kind of music do you listen to? What kind of sound signature do you like?

I’m not familiar with the Sennheisers you had.

There’s so many choices in ChiFi now - it’s mind boggling. It’s a buyers market for sure!

I listen mainly to everything from techno, over house, to trance etc. So I want something with very good bass response but with detailed sound (basically I want it all and cheap xD). From the reviews of the previously mentioned models I think the TRN V80 are the closest I can get.

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #13,851 of 31,833
I listen mainly to everything from techno, over house, to trance etc. So I want something with very good bass response but with detailed sound (basically I want it all and cheap xD). From the reviews of the previously mentioned models I think the TRN V80 are the closest I can get.
The TRN V80 are awesome. The cable is relatively nice too, I love the pre formed ear loop without the memory wire like KZ commonly uses

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #13,852 of 31,833

Cool, I listen to the same sorta stuff.

V80 is a good choice. Lotta bang for the buck. Solid build quality, great sound, nice cable, comfy fit.

I think you’ll be quite pleased with it.

If you get the original glossy painted one, be aware the paint does chip off. It doesn’t hurt anything though. It just gives it character/battle scars.

Not sure about the new one though. It’s more of a matte coating, but I don’t know if it’s still paint or if the metal is actually anodized.

Regardless, if doesn’t matter much. Just something to be aware of up front.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #13,853 of 31,833
Since there was recent interest in the GGMM C800, I picked up a pair of black/red. Not bad, a little light on the tippy top but otherwise it is a surprising. It is not a bassy IEM. Here is a measurement for those interested. I recently figured out some of my earlier measurements I have posted throughout some threads were bad (some kind of SRS processing was turned on giving everything a V-shape :frowning2: ) so I have gone back and re-measured all my IEM's and tried to stick close to the IEC711 volume in my coupler this time.

First is the GGMM C800, next is the GGMM vs the TRN V20 since there was some comparison questions.

GGMM C800.pngTRN V20 vs GGMM C800.png

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #13,854 of 31,833
I have VJJB K4S (and BK50).

The K4 is eye candy for sure. Absolutely beautiful wood and metal construction. The sound is v-shape, and it’s overall it’s a decent ChiFi IEM. A little dated compared to the stuff available nowadays, and I would rate it average overall. Easy to drive, comfy to wear, nice punchy bass, smooth highs. Overall very fun sounding and not fatiguing at all. There’s better stuff, but certainly worse stuff.

The Tennmak Pro is kinda meh. A little too dark and boated, with not enough clarity for my tastes. I like the Tennmak Crazy Cello way better.

The T2 is excellent, and does actually have plenty of bass. It requires a deep insertion, which most people do not do. This can be achieved by wearing it up not down, swapping the L and R shells (allowing it to tuck into the ear deeper). When worn down, the insertion is shallow because it hits part of the ear (for me anyways), and I think this is why it has the reputation for light bass. The shape of the shell is not very ergonomic, which is really unfortunate because it has amazing sound.

So since you asked about the Magaosi BK50 and VJJB, I assume you’re looking for a wooden IEM?

Have you tried the DZAT DF-10? They are a beautiful pair of wooden IEMs, and it's still in the Awarded section on AudioBudget which definitely says something. Plus they're on sale during Ali's 11.11, you might wanna check them out :wink:

qllE3Ns.jpg

picture credit: AudioBudget

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #13,855 of 31,833
Be aware of fake "wood" which is actually plastic. Many Chi-fi low-budgets use it to gain customers.

Oct 30, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #13,856 of 31,833
Cool, I listen to the same sorta stuff.

V80 is a good choice. Lotta bang for the buck. Solid build quality, great sound, nice cable, comfy fit.

I think you’ll be quite pleased with it.

If you get the original glossy painted one, be aware the paint does chip off. It doesn’t hurt anything though. It just gives it character/battle scars.

Not sure about the new one though. It’s more of a matte coating, but I don’t know if it’s still paint or if the metal is actually anodized.

Regardless, if doesn’t matter much. Just something to be aware of up front.

What differences does the new one have? I thought of buying the one on Aliexpress for 22 bucks on the 11.11, I guess that's the old version as it looks glossy?

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #13,857 of 31,833
What differences does the new one have? I thought of buying the one on Aliexpress for 22 bucks on the 11.11, I guess that's the old version as it looks glossy?

The paint is the only difference as far as I know.

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #13,858 of 31,833
Ok thanks a lot to everyone, I think I'll get the TRN V80 in the end. Bass seems great without bleeding too much and they cost half the AS10.. The T2 could improve bass with the vent mod but I don't wanna put strain on my ears, parties do that enough already :grimacing:
the v80 aren't the most coherent, but do bass as well as anything i've heard in that $$range.

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #13,860 of 31,833
Do you maybe have a link for the new version? (might spend a couple dollars for matte finish)

Nah. Just search for V80 in Aliexpress. The glossy vs matte version is very easy to tell apart from the photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back