CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 28, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #13,816 of 31,849
While I agree with different tips making huge difference in sound... I can not agree with "sound descriptions" @ that pic. For example MM200 & PS210 are no way very bright and no bass with my IEMs.
Same here, though i think the general rule the picture is trying to depict is the narrower the inner bore, the more neutral the bass response, the wider the bore size the lesser bass. Material wise foams absorb trebles better than rubber. Everything else, just trust our ears!

I dont own the table btw, gotten from google xD credits to headphonesty (abit too late)

Just reminded me of something that i was discussing with my fren previously (coz she knows i am in this chifi blackhole). I ask her should i save up and spend 200$ for a CIEM with superb seal but 'OK-ish' drivers, decent music or should i spend 200$ for something musical, very nice sounding with 'OK-ish' seal. That was then i found the answer. Also the reason why i am still here this moment xD

Anw out of topic but i am trying to get the best sound out of those 'several' less than $50 that i am spending on this hobby :p

Oct 28, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #13,817 of 31,849
Wow! That actually looks pretty cool! I see where it says BA but nothing about it being a single BA. I love the single BA IEM that I have now... my Moondrop Nocturne. Did you see information anywhere else? I wonder if this is a rebrand of something? Anyway, I did order it. I had to do it. It will be here Wednesday. It also comes in grey or red which look nice but the purple one is the best!

Edit: for anyone interested it is available on several EU Amazon sites.
Unfortunately I don't know the original name of these earphones, but they definitely not the same as Sunorm, Bsinger or QKZ. As to single driver, it seems that all space inside the shell is filled with shining clockwork patterns. So I'm not sure about DD. I hope the sound is good even without it.

Oct 28, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #13,818 of 31,849
Unfortunately I don't know the original name of these earphones, but they definitely not the same as Sunorm, Bsinger or QKZ. As to single driver, it seems that all space inside the shell is filled with shining clockwork patterns. So I'm not sure about DD. I hope the sound is good even without it.

Funny thing about the clockwork patterns. Today is the day we had to set all our clocks back an hour due to British Summer Time ending. We like to wait and do it in the afternoon as we have many clocks We had just finished all the ones upstairs and when we came down to do the ones on the main floor I saw the alert on my PC and read your message... clicked on your link and saw the clockworks... lol. So I knew those were for me:) I don't worry about driver configurations I have all sorts of configurations that sound good. Single BA, Single DD, double DD, 3 BA, 5 BA, 3DD, and various number combinations of DD with BA.

If they don't sound good at least they come with a case and a removable cable and some tips:) I would still keep them for the looks...Thanks for telling me about these.

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #13,819 of 31,849
for sports and travel, you probably want in-ear phones, not earbuds (which don't isolate and tend to fall out of your ears). for a few euros, i'd get the kz edr1, which are just swell.

I have these and they have a LOT of microphonic transmission whenever you move around or it bumps against your clothing, I wouldn't recommend them for sport.

Also, anyone know of something with a similar design to the KZ ATE or ED16 but with a more bright sound? I like the isolation I get from this design but every KZ thing is either overloaded on bass or V-shaped. Something under $20 especially on the 11.11 sale would be great.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #13,820 of 31,849
Oct 28, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #13,822 of 31,849
So recently had two new toys to play with

OKCSC D3

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077P3GKKY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These come without a cable so it took three attempts at getting one that brought the best out of them. First set made them overly warm and congested. Second too bright. Third time lucky was the LZA4 cable. This brought out decent detail levels, a narrow but deep soundstage with good separation... but best of all, wonderful snap to drums. Nearly gave up on them really quickly as well, glad i didn't. They are very comfortable.

Second toy was the KZED9 (at last). Originally thought they were very average and then got angry cos couldn't find the other filters. Got in touch with the company and complained... then found them lying under my bed lol. Very nice sound. It has good weight and just the right about of brightness to the treble to give them a lovely balance top to bottom.

Come to think about it, the D3 and ED9 do share similar characteristics. EDIT : In fact just did some more comparing o the above two they are actually very alike. The D3 though is the cleaner of the two with a tad more air and detail and control. Both great.

Got couple earphones I'm looking at. The Xiamoi Pro 2 and these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Balanced-Headphones-Cancellation-Microphone-Hands-free-black/dp/B071HQHP9H/ref=sr_1_45?s=electronics&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1540753428&sr=1-45&keywords=balanced+armature&refinements=p_76:419158031

Anyone know if they're a clone of another model?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #13,824 of 31,849
So I ended up ordering, besides the ZSR, the T2 (These sales on Aliexpress...:dt880smile:), and the Plextone X41M, bacause I read good things about them, and I wanted to compare them to the ZSR, as far as bass goes.
I've also ordered the T2 because the price was too good not to! I bought the x41m's a long time ago for very very cheap, I was excited to try them but found their sound to be far too muddy. It also lacked many details up high. I didn't bother to tip roll them so hopefully you get luckier than I did with yours

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #13,825 of 31,849
Got the red one , shouldn't make a difference though :) I compared it to the V20 and A7 to give people an idea on the difference in sound, but I can't really say C800 is better than V20. C800 is all about clarity, which means it'll sound harsh for certain recordings, and awesome with others. Same goes for the warmer sound of the V20 - jazz vocal sounds especially attractive. It's fantastic that we have so many great chi-fi choices.

What colour did you get? I got the gold one and I'm not a fan of the sound at all, easily worse than the V20. is it possible they put different drivers in the different colours?

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #13,826 of 31,849
I have the black-red GGMM C800 and am very happy with the sound of mine. I have not directly compared it to my V20 so I cannot comment on that. Love both.

I don't see why they would put different drivers in the different colors but I suppose anything is possible. Maybe something is wrong with your gold one or they just are not for you... or you did not find the "magic" tips. For me the right tips can make an iem sound entirely different.
Totally agree. Tips are so crucial in IEM experience, and finding the right ones for a particular IEM isn't always easy. I don't recommend IEMs to family and friends who aren't ready to put time and effort into fitting them to their ears. What's your favorite earbud at the moment? :) I want to try earbuds again. I've had Qian69 for a while now but not very impressed with it.

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #13,827 of 31,849
I just got my Tin Audio T2 Pro from Massdrop yesterday. I can say, that at least starting out, these have quite a bit more emphasis in the top range. We’ll see where it ends up, but it doesn’t seem as slight as i’ve Been lead to believe by reviewers. Top end sounds completely different, not just a slight bump at the top.

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #13,828 of 31,849
I've also ordered the T2 because the price was too good not to! I bought the x41m's a long time ago for very very cheap, I was excitie to try them but found their sound to be far too muddy. It also lacked many details up high. I didn't bother to tip roll them so hopefully you get luckier than I did with yours
Nah, I am not expecting anything as far as details go. I just ordered them for those times I want to take my dose of bass:L3000:. I guess I will have the T2 for everyday use, along with the ZSR for the more active days. I also have some extra kz starlines tips to try.

Oct 28, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #13,829 of 31,849
I have these and they have a LOT of microphonic transmission whenever you move around or it bumps against your clothing, I wouldn't recommend them for sport.

Also, anyone know of something with a similar design to the KZ ATE or ED16 but with a more bright sound? I like the isolation I get from this design but every KZ thing is either overloaded on bass or V-shaped. Something under $20 especially on the 11.11 sale would be great.

FYI, if you wear them behind your ear it eliminates the microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back