Best IEMs for Around $100 - Details inside
Jan 16, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #16 of 22
I'm still struggling with what everyone means by neutral. 

Does that not mean that everything responds and extends how it should? With a V-shaped IEM would it not seem strange to have the mids so underrepresented? The confusion to understand the audiophile universe continues... 

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #17 of 22
It might seem strange, but the V-shape is what nearly ALL of today's best selling headphones produce. Beats, Sol, Bose, Sony, V-Moda - pretty much anything sold at BestBuy is a V-shaped sound. All boom and sizzle...

Which, by the way, is why I don't buy headphones at BestBuy!! :p

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #18 of 22
  I'm still struggling with what everyone means by neutral. 

Does that not mean that everything responds and extends how it should? With a V-shaped IEM would it not seem strange to have the mids so underrepresented? The confusion to understand the audiophile universe continues... 

It just means that none of the frequency ranges are boosted or cut significantly.

Sound signature is more of a preference than anything else. Whether it is underrepresented depends on the extent/specific model (if its a huge V or has loads of bass  emphasis, its usually considered a basshead headphone) and your opinion.

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #20 of 22

You're welcome
LOL
It might be a bit more neutral than what you're used to but I think it'll be fine.

Worst case scenario:
Don't like it and return it.

Be sure to leave your impressions if you do end up getting the iems
smily_headphones1.gif

Got the GR07 BE and have been listening to them non-stop at work for the past 2 days. Absolutely incredible, very, very clean sound. Soundstage isn't that big from what I can tell so far but I also don't think I've given them a piece of music to test that properly. Comfort is great and I've been experimenting with all of the tips to see which I like best. Isolation is excellent and there is next to NO microphonics. Definitely a true balanced headset but we'll see how they evolve with the "recommended 300 hours of burn in"... lol.

The thing it has made me notice beyond anything is that I need MORE FLAC AND LOSSLESS MUSIC!!! DAMN YOU YOUTUBE AND SOUNDCLOUD!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of your helpful advice and links!!

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #21 of 22
Got the GR07 BE and have been listening to them non-stop at work for the past 2 days. Absolutely incredible, very, very clean sound. Soundstage isn't that big from what I can tell so far but I also don't think I've given them a piece of music to test that properly. Comfort is great and I've been experimenting with all of the tips to see which I like best. Isolation is excellent and there is next to NO microphonics. Definitely a true balanced headset but we'll see how they evolve with the "recommended 300 hours of burn in"... lol.

The thing it has made me notice beyond anything is that I need MORE FLAC AND LOSSLESS MUSIC!!! DAMN YOU YOUTUBE AND SOUNDCLOUD!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of your helpful advice and links!!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/466827/free-burn-in-files
If you want to try burn in, i suggest using pink noise from that link because it has a rest period.

Awesome. Enjoy your new iems!

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #22 of 22
Honestly i use my Re 400 for edm and imo there awsome with my fiio x1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back