Best IEM tips?
Nov 16, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #1,066 of 3,229
I am waiting for LZ A7 replacement (defective connector on 1st unit, ugh!) Curious with these tips what filter / switch setting you like on A7, and how they affect the fit / seal with this particular IEM. Your additional impressions will be much appreciated, @IEMusic! Thanks, and enjoy.

What I like about the elliptical tips with the A7 is that they allow for a deep insertion/fit, with a great seal, and no driver flex for me. Sound wise, they are quite transparent IMO. The bass and treble are more focused, but the overall tonal balance is not altered much it seems.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lz-a7-iems-impressions-and-reviews-thread.938134/post-15980245

Nov 17, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #1,067 of 3,229
Hey Guys am getting some different brand tips from my usual. I use ML size Spiraldots and L with Spinfits, what size would be ideal for Azla xelastec,Sedna earfit light and Final E tips? I plan to get all three.
Not looking to buy the multi size bundle. I was thinking M for Xelastec and ML for earfits? No clue about Final E.
What size do you guys reccomend? Thanks

Nov 17, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #1,068 of 3,229
Hey Guys am getting some different brand tips from my usual. I use ML size Spiraldots and L with Spinfits, what size would be ideal for Azla xelastec,Sedna earfit light and Final E tips? I plan to get all three.
Not looking to buy the multi size bundle. I was thinking M for Xelastec and ML for earfits? No clue about Final E.

If u use L spinfits then for final E tips will probably be L too. Haven't tried the others in your list.

The Final E tips sell at about $15 USD for a pack, I'm not sure if they only sell one size for this, as so far my local shop sells them in different sizes. FWIW, i found another way to get the Final E tips is to buy a Kinera Tyr or Final E500, they go about $20 USD, so it is kinda getting a pack of Final E tips + an IEM for $5 USD haha.

Haven't tried the Final E500 but a lot of folks vouch for it for binaural songs or gaming. Kinera Tyr isn't very good so no big loss if u don't get it, typical V shaped CHIFI, muddy.

Nov 17, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #1,069 of 3,229
For Sedna Earfit tips, I would get the same size as the Spiraldots, except for Xelastec, then I would go a size down. For Final E tips, I would also match the size of your Spiraldots. When I say match size, I strongly recommend matching the diameter/width of the ear tip (you can find specs online). You can get Final E tips with packs of 3 pairs of the same size, or in packs of 5 different size pairs. If you haven’t tried Final E tips yet, I would recommend getting the 5 different sizes or buying an inexpensive E series IEM that comes with all of the tips. The shape of the Final E tips makes me able to use 3 different sizes, depending on the depth of insertion I prefer. They seal really well.

Nov 17, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #1,070 of 3,229
Nov 17, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #1,071 of 3,229
Thanks for the help guys. I had plans to pick up a neutral iem for my lady, I'll go for the E1000 and that will makes both of us happy. I'll figure my correct size with them. About the earlight I'll head to ML and M for Xelastec.
What difference to sound should I expect with these three? Living in a cold windy island here so isolation is the first thing.

Nov 17, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #1,072 of 3,229
Thanks for the help guys. I had plans to pick up a neutral iem for my lady, I'll go for the E1000 and that will makes both of us happy. I'll figure my correct size with them. About the earlight I'll head to ML and M for Xelastec.
What difference to sound should I expect with these three? Living in a cold windy island here so isolation is the first thing.
I think the Sedna Earfits tend to be the most “neutral” in not adding or subtracting to the sound much. The Xelastec FOR ME tend to boost the mid bass some, as well as the upper treble air. The Final tips (again for me) tame the upper mids and treble a little, and in doing so, make the bass a little more pronounced. It doesn’t make the sound veiled though. All three of these tips seal incredibly well for me, and grip really tight to the IEM nozzles. The Xelastec tips definitely seal the best, and provide good isolation, but since all of these tips are single flange and hollow, the isolation isn’t as good as foam tips or multi-flange tips.

Nov 17, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #1,073 of 3,229
I think the Sedna Earfits tend to be the most “neutral” in not adding or subtracting to the sound much. The Xelastec FOR ME tend to boost the mid bass some, as well as the upper treble air. The Final tips (again for me) tame the upper mids and treble a little, and in doing so, make the bass a little more pronounced. It doesn’t make the sound veiled though. All three of these tips seal incredibly well for me, and grip really tight to the IEM nozzles. The Xelastec tips definitely seal the best, and provide good isolation, but since all of these tips are single flange and hollow, the isolation isn’t as good as foam tips or multi-flange tips.
Thanks @IEMusic you are always ready to help anyone in need with your suggestions. I highly appreciate it. I've tried multi-flange only once but didn't like the sound. Got one lying around maybe will try one more time and Foams don't work for me. I don't like that I extra warm sound. I prefer open airy sound. Thanks again buddy.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #1,074 of 3,229
From looking at graphs, I get the impression that XELASTECs resonate in the upper treble, which seems apparently an issue unique to this material in particular (from my VERY limited research anyway).

Also I always thought oval eartips existed since the inception of the IEM... Apparently not.

Also, does ADV have measurements for the different sizes of their oval tips? Couldn't find any myself.

Edit: Also, do trapezoid eartips exist?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #1,075 of 3,229
From looking at graphs, I get the impression that XELASTECs resonate in the upper treble, which seems apparently an issue unique to this material in particular (from my VERY limited research anyway).

Also I always thought oval eartips existed since the inception of the IEM... Apparently not.

Also, does ADV have measurements for the different sizes of their oval tips? Couldn't find any myself.

Edit: Also, do trapezoid eartips exist?
I will attempt to measure the ADV tips soon.

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #1,076 of 3,229
I like the Mardarin Symbio W hybrid foam tips.

Nov 23, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #1,077 of 3,229
Hi guys, I've bought a pair of kbear ks2 (my first iem) and I need better tips, the stock tends to move around.
I see spinfit suggested in others post but I can't understand which model I should go with...
Thanks for the help

Nov 25, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #1,078 of 3,229
kjn543t.jpg

More pr0n

Nov 25, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #1,079 of 3,229
Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #1,080 of 3,229

Users who are viewing this thread

Back