Best IEM tips?
Oct 10, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #226 of 3,320
But still you don't post the link to those no brand amazing tips...

Coming , sharing good things with mass affordable price is always something worth to share .

Actually there's a brand , it's from HTC . But HTC is not going to sell you these tips unless you purchase the headset ( $30++) which comes with these tips .

So purchase it off the net is the only option . But there's no original HTC tips for sale anywhere , on the net , Amazon , aliexpress , taobao , eBay are all fakies .
Not one are original . All are generic .

The best I found and come across is from aliexpress , but the feel are not comparable with the original HTC . The original HTC are softer in nature , has good grip on my ears , wear comfortably , once in and stick like glued on my ears .

The generic ones which I found on the net is similar with the original HTC , good grip , wear comfortably fit on my ears just like the original ones .
Only difference is the feel , the generic ones are harder than those of the original ones .

Both are equally good on my ears . It cost me only less than 6 USD for 6 pairs with free shipping ( 2 weeks to arrive in my case) . I had 3 pairs of the original which comes with my HTC mobile headset .
But both original or generic are equally good on me .

Look like this , actual pics below are from the aliexpress seller .
Store is " Fitma audio "

Do note that this item is not listed in the store , If purchasing , you must contact pm the store seller with the picture .
You can contact and pm him by clicking any of his store listing .
He will reply and direct you a link to pay .

Check out this recommended store on AliExpress. Find great products at low prices! http://s.aliexpress.com/VZN7ZFza (from AliExpress Android)

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #227 of 3,320
I'm looking for tips that don't have too much isolation as I plan to use these while outside (I need awareness) but will produce great sound in quiet environments.

Basically any tip that gives a good open can type of experience without the bulk. I've been using smaller tips but the sound suffers horribly. The tips that fit properly have great sound but leave my head feeling like an aquarium.

Thanks

Dec 18, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #228 of 3,320
is there more than one company of spinfits, i remember there are two types, i am not talking about bore sizes, i am talking about if there two different spinfits made by different companies

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #229 of 3,320
http://www.head-fi.org/t/829426/lets-launch-a-kick-starter-to-solve-the-tips-issue-fit-once-and-for-all

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #231 of 3,320
For any fans of the SONY Noise Isolation tips, the foam-stuffed silicon tips, they are now no longer being made.  Finished.  

However they have been replaced with a much more interesting tip, the SONY Triple Comfort tip, which includes the same silicon-over-foam idea combined with a Spinfit-like flexibility.  

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #232 of 3,320
  For any fans of the SONY Noise Isolation tips, the foam-stuffed silicon tips, they are now no longer being made.  Finished.  

However they have been replaced with a much more interesting tip, the SONY Triple Comfort tip, which includes the same silicon-over-foam idea combined with a Spinfit-like flexibility.  

Oh.. Made in Thailand!!

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #233 of 3,320
I posted about those in the Lab thread 2 months ago...got no one interseted.
There are reviews on them already in Japanese.

It's not really spinfit like, but more like an cross between the sony hybrids (with no foam) and the comply.

use google translate 
you can read user reviews on amazon japan
https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BD%E3%83%8B%E3%83%BC-XBA-N3%E3%83%BBN1%E7%94%A8%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A4%E3%83%BC%E3%83%94%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9-M%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BA%E3%83%BB2%E3%83%9A%E3%82%A2-SONY-EP-TC50M/dp/B01M1D31EC

on e-earphpones store
http://www.e-earphone.jp/shopdetail/000000106048/

another review here
https://zigsow.jp/item/327413/review/327182

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #234 of 3,320

Where to get these outside of Japan?

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #235 of 3,320
Where to get these outside of Japan?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-EP-TC50-Triple-Comfort-Earpiece-foam-stuffed-silicon-IEM-tips-/182399971640?hash=item2a77e2b138:g:F0QAAOSwJ7RYYGo-

be sure to indicate the size to the seller.

Also it looks like the price is for ONE pair only and not 2 as the original packaging shows, beware. 

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #236 of 3,320
  I'm looking for tips that don't have too much isolation as I plan to use these while outside (I need awareness) but will produce great sound in quiet environments.

Basically any tip that gives a good open can type of experience without the bulk.

In my experience silicone tips are a good medium for balancing iso with awareness of external sounds. Naturally this may vary based on the manufacturer and your ear canal shape. I like the keep things a bit less isolated too since I wear IEM's most of the day, and find that silicone has the added benefit of increased comfort and easier cleaning (especially versus foam). 

My suggestion would be to look for those silicone tips that are more cylindrical ("longer" rather than just semi-spherical). Good luck in your search.

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #237 of 3,320
I got a pair of the Sony tips shown above- quite good albeit a bit pricey ($15/pair).  I replaced the Spiral Dots on my JH Angie with them, and find they give a slightly warmer sound at a lower volume point using my AK120ll.  Lots of detail, great treble, pretty good seal with the smalls.  I just ordered a pair of mediums to see if the seal can be improved a bit.  

I haven't had that much use with them yet, as we are in the middle of a several-days rainstorm and I mostly listen while walking outdoors, but so far they strike me as a really good combination of the Comply's (in a good way) thickness and warmth and the silicon's transparency and brightness.  Time will tell, but so far I am happy with them.

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #238 of 3,320
  I got a pair of the Sony tips shown above- quite good albeit a bit pricey ($15/pair).  I replaced the Spiral Dots on my JH Angie with them, and find they give a slightly warmer sound at a lower volume point using my AK120ll.  Lots of detail, great treble, pretty good seal with the smalls.  I just ordered a pair of mediums to see if the seal can be improved a bit.  

I haven't had that much use with them yet, as we are in the middle of a several-days rainstorm and I mostly listen while walking outdoors, but so far they strike me as a really good combination of the Comply's (in a good way) thickness and warmth and the silicon's transparency and brightness.  Time will tell, but so far I am happy with them.

nice, thank you for your impressions.
Do you have any itching with them? Does their foam compress like the Comply (is it the same material) or is it stiffer? 

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #239 of 3,320
It's silicon on the outside and foam inside.  Itching?  Comply's never itched me.  I just know it's foam, probably not the proprietary stuff Comply uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back