Best IEM tips?
Jul 21, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #211 of 3,304
Huh? Spinfit and Spiraldot nozzles are the same? Just to confirm, the nozzle you are refering to is the side that sticks into the iem housing/nozzle? Dopaminer's photo above seems to indicate that Spiraldot has a bigger nozzle than Spinfit

Regarding Spinfit & Spiraldot tips, I realy don't know about them! Only Sony - Shure - Westone - Shure & Sony need some nozzle mod.

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #212 of 3,304
Huh? Spinfit and Spiraldot nozzles are the same? Just to confirm, the nozzle you are refering to is the side that sticks into the iem housing/nozzle? Dopaminer's photo above seems to indicate that Spiraldot has a bigger nozzle than Spinfit

The part of the soundtube that grips the nozzle is pretty standard, but some tips taper down in the silicon `bell` - the part that fits into the ear drum, while others widen out.  Spirals widen out a bit, while the Spinfts have the complex inner structures, with the flexible joint.  Check this Spinfit I butchered to show the flexible joint: 

You can see there`s a lot of contracting and expanding of the inside of the sound tube, with both ends being basically the same diameter.  The spirals are more of smooth, slightly widening sound tube, so the `exit` is wider than the entrance and wider than the Spinfit. . .   

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #213 of 3,304
I should have taken a photo when i tried the Spinfits. Whats stopping me from getting them is the soundtube looks like it was already partially blocking the bores...i'll try them again at a local shop and get some photos....

^i appreciate your effort in gutting one of your spinfits as demo!

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #215 of 3,304
  The part of the soundtube that grips the nozzle is pretty standard, but some tips taper down in the silicon `bell` - the part that fits into the ear drum, while others widen out.  Spirals widen out a bit, while the Spinfts have the complex inner structures, with the flexible joint.  Check this Spinfit I butchered to show the flexible joint: 

You can see there`s a lot of contracting and expanding of the inside of the sound tube, with both ends being basically the same diameter.  The spirals are more of smooth, slightly widening sound tube, so the `exit` is wider than the entrance and wider than the Spinfit. . .   

Is that the CP100? So the whole rotating thing is not actually rotation, but to help get a better insertion by being able to flex in all directions? Do they just fall back to it's original shape after you get the insertion?

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #216 of 3,304

Is that the CP100? So the whole rotating thing is not actually rotation, but to help get a better insertion by being able to flex in all directions? Do they just fall back to it's original shape after you get the insertion?

Yes it`s a CP100 (or WH-01 as it`s called here in Japan). 

Yes, Spinfit`s ad copy - "360 degree rotation!" - is incorrect English and creates the wrong impression in many people`s minds.  They DO NOT rotate; the whole structure is fused together like any other silicon tip.  What they do is flex to fit slightly more deeply into the ear canal.  

That`s it.  

For me some people (like me) they create a seal that no other tip can come close to matching.  For other people they`re not that impressive.  I guess it depends on your ear canals. . .  

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #217 of 3,304
  Yes it`s a CP100 (or WH-01 as it`s called here in Japan). 

Yes, Spinfit`s ad copy - "360 degree rotation!" - is incorrect English and creates the wrong impression in many people`s minds.  They DO NOT rotate; the whole structure is fused together like any other silicon tip.  What they do is flex to fit slightly more deeply into the ear canal.  

That`s it.  

For me some people (like me) they create a seal that no other tip can come close to matching.  For other people they`re not that impressive.  I guess it depends on your ear canals. . .  

I guess you could get the same effect by just moving the IEMs itself during insertion, but it would theoretically be much easier to insert deeper since you just need to push and move it up and down. Looking forward to it next week (hopefully). Although I am doubtful about the hump in the middle in order to allow it to flex.

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #218 of 3,304
I put CP100 Medium Spinfits on my Dunu DN 1000 and it made a huge change. It made them more analytical, micro details started appearing all over. It seemed to push the mids a tiny bit more forward too and was less V shaped to my ears. I do enjoy the V shape, but it was a nice change.

Bass is great on the Dunu 1000s with stock tips and Complys, deep and warm... but with the Spinfits it lost a little bit of it's boom but sounded even more accurate, with fantastic weight, better decay... very realistic with bit more punch. Treble sounded way better and songs that usually had a bit of sibilance all of a sudden didn't (or was less shrieky). Soundstage seemed a bit smaller and more intimate, but i don't know if that had more to do with feeling them more centred due to their deeper fit?!

I wouldn't say this is a negative, but they didn't sound as musical as with the stock tips or Complys. I'm certain this is due to the amount of details I was hearing through all frequencies, making me focus in on different instruments and sounds instead of the song as a whole.

I used the smaller Spinfits on my Xiaomi Piston IIIs and they sounded fantastic and the fit was great, much punchier bass, mainly mid bass. More detail again.

I normally put Comply foams on all my IEMs for comfort and bigger bass, but I'm really enjoying the Spinfits more these days.

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #219 of 3,304
  I put CP100 Medium Spinfits on my Dunu DN 1000 and it made a huge change. It made them more analytical, micro details started appearing all over. It seemed to push the mids a tiny bit more forward too and was less V shaped to my ears. I do enjoy the V shape, but it was a nice change.

Bass is great on the Dunu 1000s with stock tips and Complys, deep and warm... but with the Spinfits it lost a little bit of it's boom but sounded even more accurate, with fantastic weight, better decay... very realistic with bit more punch. Treble sounded way better and songs that usually had a bit of sibilance all of a sudden didn't (or was less shrieky). Soundstage seemed a bit smaller and more intimate, but i don't know if that had more to do with feeling them more centred due to their deeper fit?!

I wouldn't say this is a negative, but they didn't sound as musical as with the stock tips or Complys. I'm certain this is due to the amount of details I was hearing through all frequencies, making me focus in on different instruments and sounds instead of the song as a whole.

I used the smaller Spinfits on my Xiaomi Piston IIIs and they sounded fantastic and the fit was great, much punchier bass, mainly mid bass. More detail again.

I normally put Comply foams on all my IEMs for comfort and bigger bass, but I'm really enjoying the Spinfits more these days.

Although not for everyone, comply tips are known for treble diminish and the fact that silicone tips last so much longer while comply tips are not cheap either makes it worthwhile.

Sep 5, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #221 of 3,304
I am ComplyFoam client for 4 years. Isolation 500 and now Comfort 500. Never tried other foam plugs because Wax-Guard absolutely must have. CompyFoam good when "fresh" but wear it over the week and they'll start to lose their resilence. And resilence means fit in ears and sound body (less bass for sure). Can last over the month but degrading fit/sound motivates to change after 2 weeks. Not cheap, that's the problem.

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #222 of 3,304
Hello guys.
I just bought my OnePlus Icons. I want to replace my stock ear tips and I've been reading everywhere in the forums about the Sony Hybrids and the Auvios.
The problem is that I can find the hybrids but they are kind of expensive, but the auvios cannot be found anywhere but here in Amazon.
Do you think that the ones on the link are the real ones or could it be they're fake?
And why is it so hard to find in Europe?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #224 of 3,304
I do away the rest of my remaining foams , spinfit , silicon , and I never got a good fit with them all .

I replaced all the above to some $1 USD rubbery type tips ( no brand ) . It give me a glued like fit on my ears which none of the above can offer .
I experienced a lot fuller in sound , my beloved iem never sound so good until I switched over to these 1USD tips from alixpress .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back