Best headphones under ~200 for the highs of trance and the lows of dubstep. ( Can't find thread on this. plz help)
May 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #106 of 131
Quote:
YES!  Its great.  I STILL want more bass tho.  SEriously. From the way people were talking about it, I thought the phones were really going to shake.  The sones do, but only so much.

I did warn you about Head-Fi. Everyone is differently. I have learned to word my replies in a general way that people that aren't yet audiophile's will understand.

From the looks of it you have some cash to spend. The Sone's shouldn't be bass boosted that much. These are audiophile headphones and while they do have 50mm Mylar drivers they shouldn't be put to too much shaking. However if you have an extra $50 to spend I recommend teh Sony XB500's. THEY ARE LITERALLY pillows. I know the difference of pillows and sit on your head like the Beyer's. These are pillows, they are easy to drive, respond well to FiiO's amping and will LITERALLY shake your head. They are $50 aren't nearly as good as the Ultrasone's but for those times when you need a head massage. These are it.

May 19, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #107 of 131
For monsterous bass get the Digizoid ZO2...Fiio E11 again like what you said just didnt satisfy the times I wanted HUGE bass haha, but its more than enough for sensible listening IMO 

I hav found the ZO2 works much better with the DY770 when its connected to my Titanium HD rather than a DAP like my Sony Walkman Z

Also the last few pages on this thread looks like a new best budget basshead can has appeared (by budget I mean £35!) post 296 onwards http://www.head-fi.org/t/541654/denon-dn-hp700-review-and-comparison-to-the-ah-d7000/285

May 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #108 of 131
Quote:
For monsterous bass get the Digizoid ZO2...Fiio E11 again like what you said just didnt satisfy the times I wanted HUGE bass haha, but its more than enough for sensible listening IMO 

I hav found the ZO2 works much better with the DY770 when its connected to my Titanium HD rather than a DAP like my Sony Walkman Z

Also the last few pages on this thread looks like a new best budget basshead can has appeared (by budget I mean £35!) post 296 onwards http://www.head-fi.org/t/541654/denon-dn-hp700-review-and-comparison-to-the-ah-d7000/285

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be posted.

May 20, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #109 of 131
Quote:
YES!  Its great.  I STILL want more bass tho.  SEriously. From the way people were talking about it, I thought the phones were really going to shake.  The sones do, but only so much.

Pair the HFI 580 with a ZO2.3 and it will shake. If you want more insane reverb effects, combine a ZO2.3 and a XB500/700 or PRO700MK2. They will truly rattle your skull.

Btw, I like the E11's bass boost, but the ZO2.3 is still the bass enhancer to get.

The Denon DJs are good, but they produce a level of bass quantity similar to the HFI 580 - impactful and punchy, but not overpowering.

May 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #110 of 131
I did warn you about Head-Fi. Everyone is differently. I have learned to word my replies in a general way that people that aren't yet audiophile's will understand.

From the looks of it you have some cash to spend. The Sone's shouldn't be bass boosted that much. These are audiophile headphones and while they do have 50mm Mylar drivers they shouldn't be put to too much shaking. However if you have an extra $50 to spend I recommend teh Sony XB500's. THEY ARE LITERALLY pillows. I know the difference of pillows and sit on your head like the Beyer's. These are pillows, they are easy to drive, respond well to FiiO's amping and will LITERALLY shake your head. They are $50 aren't nearly as good as the Ultrasone's but for those times when you need a head massage. These are it.

Are the sonyXB1000's supposed to be better than the XB500's?  In the Konig thread that was just linked, someone reviewed the XB1000's and said they were a disappointment in the bass department.   Also, I am weary of those new konig phones.  The ONE guy recommending them is already sending them back for what they "apparently" are a copy of, and he's only sending them back for "aesthetic purposes".  I dont know if I trust this kid yet.  No one else has reviewed them so far within TWO pages of google search results.  Maybe it's a better idea to get keep the ultrasones at $130 and send back the Beyers at $170, then get either the Konigs and the SonyXB500's.  Sones for the tehcno, XB500's for the dub. . . .decisions decisions.  

Read above.

Quote:

Pair the HFI 580 with a ZO2.3 and it will shake. If you want more insane reverb effects, combine a ZO2.3 and a XB500/700 or PRO700MK2. They will truly rattle your skull.

Btw, I like the E11's bass boost, but the ZO2.3 is still the bass enhancer to get.

The Denon DJs are good, but they produce a level of bass quantity similar to the HFI 580 - impactful and punchy, but not overpowering.

What about a E11 with xb500?  And have you heard anything about there Konig NRG300's?

May 20, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #111 of 131
Quote:
Are the sonyXB1000's supposed to be better than the XB500's?  In the Konig thread that was just linked, someone reviewed the XB1000's and said they were a disappointment in the bass department.   Also, I am weary of those new konig phones.  The ONE guy recommending them is already sending them back for what they "apparently" are a copy of, and he's only sending them back for "aesthetic purposes".  I dont know if I trust this kid yet.  No one else has reviewed them so far within TWO pages of google search results.  Maybe it's a better idea to get keep the ultrasones at $130 and send back the Beyers at $170, then get either the Konigs and the SonyXB500's.  Sones for the tehcno, XB500's for the dub. . . .decisions decisions.  

Depends on what you mean by better. The XB1000 has more controlled bass with very good sub-bass extension. One good thing about it is is increased soundstage as compared to the XB500/700. The mids are still a tad recessed, so it's definitely not one for rock or pop, for instance. Rather, it really shines with EDM. You'll need to amp it up to deliver a similar bass reverb effect to the XB500/700s.

The XB500 on the other hand, is pure bass. Extreme bassheads will love it, especially when paired with a bass boost amp. But ampless, it is already a huge bass monster. Some might find it too overpowering or muddy. The bass is very punchy and impactful with a slow decay. XB500 works well with or without an amp.

As for the XB700, they are more similar to the XB500 than to the XB1000. Its bass presentation is also very punchy, but less so than with the XB500. It's not something you're going to really notice unless you do A/B comparisons. Its sub-bass extension is very impressive for a can of its price but its mid-range is quite badly recessed. It works well without an amp, but consider pairing it with a ZO2.3 for best results.

Quote:
What about a E11 with xb500?  And have you heard anything about there Konig NRG300's?

It's a good pairing, but I still prefer the better bass control on the ZO2.3.

I have never heard the Konig NRG300s before, I'm afraid.

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #114 of 131
Got the XBR-500's.  Awesome bass and vibration.  Comfy.  They're certainly not as solid as the beyer's, but I dont plan on falling down a flights of stairs with them.  I visited my Mom's house and she decided to wash my clothes for me.  How kind!  Except that she didn't check the pockets and ended up washing the FiioE11 amp amongst other things.  :frowning2:  Oh well.  Anyways, I'll check back later after doing a side by side comparison.  I left the sony's at a friends.

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #118 of 131
Quote:
for trance be sure only look for DJ phones. using hifi phones for trance will cause ear piercing trebles.

this is rubbish.

DJ headphones are for DJing, where isolation is important and the bass is often purposefully distorted to match the club speakers and overpower the club speakers bass.
Using hifi-phones is fine for trance!!!! just avoid phones that can be sibilant.

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #119 of 131
Quote:
this is rubbish.

DJ headphones are for DJing, where isolation is important and the bass is often purposefully distorted to match the club speakers and overpower the club speakers bass.
Using hifi-phones is fine for trance!!!! just avoid phones that can be sibilant.

Aiaiai TMA is DJ phone & design for trance from the scratch. And sound beautifully for that kind of genres.
What rubbish do you meant? 
are you saying HD800 on trance, mmmm ... let see

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #120 of 131
Quote:

Aiaiai TMA is DJ phone & design for trance from the scratch. And sound beautifully for that kind of genres.
What rubbish do you meant? 
are you saying HD800 on trance, mmmm ... let see

Djing headphones can work for trance, but it doesn't mean Hifi ones dont. 
HD800 is one example and the treble won't kill you, but its not a good match. Denons, Sony XB, V-moda, Ultrasone HFI, some Beyers, and I can go on will all work for trance, some a hell of a lot better then a few DJ phones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back