Best headphones under ~200 for the highs of trance and the lows of dubstep. ( Can't find thread on this. plz help)
May 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #76 of 131
I woulndt recommend the d2000 for EDM.  The sounds slightly diffuse and the midbass is a little too linear for bass heavy music.  You can turn it up with an amp but I'd recommend something like the mk2's or DT770's.

May 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #77 of 131
Quote:
Different genre's, tastes and all that lead to different results 
redface.gif
. I'm sure if I remember correctly what was meant was that pure boom bass on high ZO2 punch added distortion. It was a while ago, but many members disliked it. That's all I will say as I am not putting the device down and anymore will seem like it. I do not have it, so that will be the last from me on the ZO2.

Glad to see you are enjoying your combo though.

Hey, no worries, bro. If you're a fellow basshead, I would thoroughly recommend the ZO2.3 as it works wonders in delivering huge levels of punch/boom to your phone. And yes, I do love my ZO2! 
L3000.gif

Quote:
So.  Here is what I'm doing for now.  I've ordered a FiioE11.  I've ordered a pair of HFI 580's.  I've ordered a pair of the Dt770's.  I've ordered a helping of being super stoked.  :)  My friend an I are going to try both pairs, and decide which pair each of us want.  I'll respond to the rest of what you guys wrote later.  I'm on a terrible computer.  I'll also try and give some sort of review later using only wine terms.  (That's what the headphone world reminds me of, in terms of describing headphones, lol)  I'll wait for the burn in too.  Thanks again, and peace.

Woah, that's nice! Enjoy your 'phones, bro. I'm sure you'll have an awesome time A/Bing the 2 cans. :)

May 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #78 of 131
Quote:
ok y'all.  First of all, you are super awesome and thank you for all the input.  In my 6 hour study of nice headphones for trance and dubstep, I have seen mostly hfi580's, beyer 770's, and sometimes denons.  (ATHm50's, Some Senn's, and others have honorable mention.)  Here is what I gather. 

HFI's are awesome.  The lack boomy bass though, which can be remedied with the fiio11's that I just bought.
Beyer770's are great, have more bass, but I have heard differing reviews on whether they have pleasing highs. 
Denone's I haven't paid as much attention to from lack of recommendations and differing reviews.  I'm not sure they even belong on this list.

So.  Here is what I'm doing for now.  I've ordered a FiioE11.  I've ordered a pair of HFI 580's.  I've ordered a pair of the Dt770's.  I've ordered a helping of being super stoked.  :)  My friend an I are going to try both pairs, and decide which pair each of us want.  I'll respond to the rest of what you guys wrote later.  I'm on a terrible computer.  I'll also try and give some sort of review later using only wine terms.  (That's what the headphone world reminds me of, in terms of describing headphones, lol)  I'll wait for the burn in too.  Thanks again, and peace.

I think you'll enjoy both. The DT770 was my first venture into nicer headphones and have since gone through several in the past few months with all sorts of different sound signatures. I currently have the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro which are supposed to be the same as the Pro 550 from what I've read. I think they are one of my favorite phones so far. The HFI-580s will be perfect for your genres as I feel it handles edm a bit better than my Beyers did. Hope you enjoy them both and be sure to let us know what you think of each.

May 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #80 of 131
Just saw this thread and so hopefully next week I will be getting those...just letting you know incase either of those you ordered isnt quite doing it for ya! http://www.head-fi.org/t/541654/denon-dn-hp700-review-and-comparison-to-the-ah-d7000

Deffinatly do the blue tac mod if you get the Beyers as it brings those mids forward a bit more and improves bass quality! 
Im listening to Bass I Love You - Bassotronics and the texture in the sub bass is amazing...so much better after the mods  (blue tack to back of driver and inside of cup...also cotton wool inside earpads to make them angled) as i was getting all sorts of reverb from the bass before mods masking all the details in the sub bass as its so much more accurate like when theres short pulses of sub bass they are more defined whereas before the damping it would sort of bleed into one drone if you know what i mean, (sorry for my bad explination) it did slightly reduce the bass quantity but after a bump in EQ it comes right back but with better quality! Also more things you can do like take out felt ring and this increases detail even more and makes it sound more open and airy but I found it looses allot of warmth which EQ couldnt quite get back to the same extent as the felt did...no tools needed (just screwdriver etc)

May 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #81 of 131
Im just going to post because i see it pops up here in every odd post. 

Don't buy the Denon D2000, don't get me wrong its brilliant, I own one, best buy ever, i love it to death. 
But its an all rounder at the end of the day, and absolute pure basshead cans do have more in quantity, but in clarity, in highs and lows its hard to match at its price. 
If you do listen to other genre's aswell then you should really consider it, since it can really pump the beats with flux pavillion, skrillex etc and knock some rock, jazz, classical, and whatever else really out of the park.

But if you are after the heaviest bass I have experienced, its bar none the Hisound POPO IEM. holy hell it shakes my head more then I thought possible.

May 7, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #84 of 131
I'm listening to trance right now through the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 I bought a couple days ago. They go for around 150-160 bucks. Beautiful sounding headphones for trance. Should be good for dubstep since they have great bass. I also suggest the DT770. I decided to go for the M50 since they're about 50 bucks cheaper and the sound quality isn't a whole lot different other than the DT770's have a slight bit more bass boost. 

May 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #85 of 131
Quote:

But if you are after the heaviest bass I have experienced, its bar none the Hisound POPO IEM. holy hell it shakes my head more then I thought possible.

That sounds interesting.. How are they compared to IE8/IE80 and/or Westone 3? Thanks in advance. :)

May 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #86 of 131
Quote:
That sounds interesting.. How are they compared to IE8/IE80 and/or Westone 3? Thanks in advance. :)

Dont have either of those, but I am busy writing a comparison to the Xears XE200pro and the Xears TD-III which is much more in its price range.

They have much more bass, a much better soundstage, lack slightly in dynamics, continental bass, much more then either of those, an overall more euphoric sound, and around the same level of clarity.

EDIT: yes I did mention bass twice on purpose

May 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #87 of 131
Quote:
I'm listening to trance right now through the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 I bought a couple days ago. They go for around 150-160 bucks. Beautiful sounding headphones for trance. Should be good for dubstep since they have great bass. I also suggest the DT770. I decided to go for the M50 since they're about 50 bucks cheaper and the sound quality isn't a whole lot different other than the DT770's have a slight bit more bass boost. 

If you find trance sounding beautiful on M50's then you should try a pair of Ultrasones..
After this experience you will sell your M50's yesterday like i did...

May 10, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #88 of 131
Yo peeps.  I''ve received both the ultrasone 580's and the beyer 770s. I've only opened the beyers so far (boy are they more comfortable than the sones).  I was going to try out the sones today with the fiio11 amp, but it didn't do anything on my computer.  Is this only for ipod's and stuff?  I'll do some sort of review soon.  So far, I am quite liking the beyers.  In fact, I'm going to go open the ultrasones right now.  Peace.

EDIT- Wow these 580's are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.  :)  Update later.
Also, does anyone know what connector to get for phones?  I have seen the Fiio L9 connector for the iphone, but I dont have an iphone.  I have an android.

May 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #89 of 131
The E11 is a portable amplifier. You use the 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male plugs with your iPod or mp3 player. One end on the iPod out, the other in the E11 in. The USB cable is for charging. They should both be included in the packaging.

Stretch out the Ultrasones by placing something slightly larger than head-sized in between.

May 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #90 of 131
Remember to burn in the ones your not using...it doe have a BIG effect on the sound...burn em over night too! 

BTW you cant use the Fiio E11 while its charging...if you keep the Beyers do the blue tak mod!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back