Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300
Nov 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

owais

Head-Fier
Hi,
I recently broke my GR07's and am now looking for a new pair of IEM's. The GR07's were great but not practical at all. 

I like earphones with good bass, so factoring that in, which earphones should i be looking at?

I wanted a pair of TF10's as i've heard them before but i can't find any in the UK with ease. So i've currently been looking at the Senn IE8i's, but i just wanted to see whether you lot could come up with any better recommendations? 

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #2 of 42
  Hi,
I recently broke my GR07's and am now looking for a new pair of IEM's. The GR07's were great but not practical at all. 

I like earphones with good bass, so factoring that in, which earphones should i be looking at?

I wanted a pair of TF10's as i've heard them before but i can't find any in the UK with ease. So i've currently been looking at the Senn IE8i's, but i just wanted to see whether you lot could come up with any better recommendations? 

May I ask, in what ways did you find them impractical? I thought it was one of the easier iems to live with!

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 42
JVC FX-700 or 800`s if you can get them cheap enough, bass is in the same level if not better than ie80`s and sony ex1000`s, soundstage and dynamics are amazing, sound is very natural, but very little isolation, less than ie8`s, great for home listening and work but for public areas, not so much.

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 42

May I ask, in what ways did you find them impractical? I thought it was one of the easier iems to live with!

The wire keeps coming off my ear and they look ugly.

JVC FX-700 or 800`s if you can get them cheap enough, bass is in the same level if not better than ie80`s and sony ex1000`s, soundstage and dynamics are amazing, sound is very natural, but very little isolation, less than ie8`s, great for home listening and work but for public areas, not so much.

I can't find either the ex1000 or jvc fx 700 in the UK.    :/

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #7 of 42
  Hi,

Jvc ha-fxz200. Available from Amazon less than 200 bucks. 

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #8 of 42
Why you dont want to use international shops? I suggest audio technica ckn50 for $37. They are better than IE8 or TF10. I have owned them.

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 42
  Why you dont want to use international shops? I suggest audio technica ckn50 for $37. They are better than IE8 or TF10. I have owned them.

Warranty/returns. For example, amazon recently picked up and refunded me for my GR07's which i bought off a amazon reseller. i have a 5% discount and a good track record with amazon so i stick with them.

None of the JVC's are available in the UK and the westone 3's are around $400, not even my high end, $300 in the UK. 

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #10 of 42
W3s are bassy. The Yamaha-EPH100 are super bassy. I liked both enough, more than the GR07 MK2.

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #12 of 42
I have the KEF M200, Audio-Technica ATH-CKS1000 and Yamaha EPH-100 and my vote goes to M200. But make sure to buy from somewhere you can return them as some people have fit issues. Sounds like you're in UK so probably can demo them first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back