Best Bass Headphones in The World
Mar 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #32 of 198
Quote:
Best bass headphone =/= best basshead headphone.

What would you say is the difference???

I thought I was looking for best basshead headphones, but perhaps I am looking for best bass headphones lol.

What do you think is the "best" in each category & why?

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #33 of 198
Quote:
What would you say is the difference???

I thought I was looking for best basshead headphones, but perhaps I am looking for best bass headphones lol.

What do you think is the "best" in each category & why?

I'd say best basshead headphone is probably something along the lines of Denon D7k. As for best bass, Hifiman HE6 + a competent speaker amp. From my experience of course.

Basshead implies the user seeks the most thrills out of the bass (most impact/rumble/visceralness, less focus on the technicalities of bass), while best overall bass requires a balance in all sonic aspects of bass (balance between texture/clean extension/tactility, while still delivering exceptional impact and satisfying rumble); keyword: balance.

The best bass headphones will not have the impact or the rumble of the best basshead headphones, because that strays out of the balance required for their bass to remain at the utmost fidelity.

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #35 of 198
Quote:
I'm with Jerg on this one.  D7000 for bassy fun and the HE-6 for great, balanced bass.

Would you say the Pro 900 falls in the middle? I remember those had not only a LOT of Bass, but it was pretty high quality Bass too. They were great for Dubstep and the like. Other stuff... not as much. They were a bit too bright too. 

May 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #36 of 198
Quote:
Best bass headphone =/= best basshead headphone.

This. Best BASSHEAD cans? Probably a TakeT H2+.

But, the BEST bass in a headphone to date, has to be the Fostex TH900. Incredibly clean and powerful.

Jul 7, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #38 of 198
Quote:
*Facepalm OMG. this is so sad.

Look at the username, then think again 
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #39 of 198
Jul 7, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #40 of 198
i'd say LCD-2/3 or Fostex TH-900, imo. depending on whether u want natural organic bass or basshead subwoofer kinda bass.

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #41 of 198
Go to Amazon.com and read the first review for the Ultrasone Pro 900. I've listened to most of the big bass phones and the Pro 900s probably have the most BOOM for the buck of anything I've heard. Here's a list of some of  the biggies not in any particular... :

1. Ultrasone Pro 900
2. Denon D5000
3. Audio Technica Pro700MKII
4. Pioneer DJ2000
5. Beyerdynamic DT770s
6. Sony XB500/700 

I read that the ultrason pro 900 have really irritating highs is that true I mostly listen to rap but sometimes rock too so will they make go nuts when listening to rock ???

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #42 of 198
I'm gonna say a overmodded pair of hd439/438's because those things move so much sor that the backs of the headphones will rattle (that is if they were slightly unsecured, like missing a spacer or something along those lines

Sep 10, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #43 of 198
I'm gonna say a overmodded pair of hd439/438's because those things move so much sor that the backs of the headphones will rattle (that is if they were slightly unsecured, like missing a spacer or something along those lines

Uh, this doesn't equate to "best bass".

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #45 of 198

i'd say LCD-2/3 or Fostex TH-900, imo. depending on whether u want natural organic bass or basshead subwoofer kinda bass.

how much does the bass differ from the th-900 to the lcd-2? i kno you have both but i've never seen anyone speak on it

also how different is the bass between the th-900 & the th-600?

Really, the TH900 is almost certainly aeons ahead of the LCD-2. Orthodynamics can't deliver the same amount of raw slam that a dynamic driver can, and the TH900 measures FAR better than the LCD-2. Even the transients (which orthodynamics are known for) are far better on the TH900:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2Rev2.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FostexTH900.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back