Best Bass Headphones in The World
Mar 1, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #152 of 198
HA!!!!! That's so funny!! Doubting a pair of cans you've never listened to! If you want me to take your opinion on brands of headphones seriously, go listen to the HA-MR77X's, then I'll listen to you complain about JVC's. Until then, your opinion is invalid. NO headphones beat them in bass impact. Even for 800$.

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #154 of 198
HA!!!!! That's so funny!! Doubting a pair of cans you've never listened to! If you want me to take your opinion on brands of headphones seriously, go listen to the HA-MR77X's, then I'll listen to you complain about JVC's. Until then, your opinion is invalid. NO headphones beat them in bass impact. Even for 800$.

Just a question, have you ever listened to anything from Audeze?

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #156 of 198
The HA-MR77X's have a slightly V shaped Frequency response, with an emphasis on bass of course. And by bass, I mean BASS. 20-75hz. They slam your head. The only headphones I've heard that can cause this much hearing damage. They are the perfect basshead cans. The 55's treble Is a little scratchier, but they refigured the drivers on the 77's for an even better bass impact, and more realistic highs. Even then, the 55's still make V-Modas and Beats by dre's bass sound like Ibuds. They are that good. Anything in the JVC XX series is fantastic. Seriously, stop questioning me and look into them already!!!... Why are you still here??? Do eeet!!! :)

Mar 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #157 of 198
I've tried the M77X a few times. I wouldn't even pay $30 for them. They sounded pretty sucked out in the mids and the bass was bloated and really lacked control. I was hoping that they'd be a better XB700, but nope.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #158 of 198
That's how they were supposed to sound, except the extremely out of control bass... What song did you try? Best genre for them is dubstep. Oh, and by the way, the bass is the best with an amp. If you really want even response, go check out sennheiser. If you want bass, look no further. These deliver. They are well worth 100$.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #159 of 198
The e12 really seems to tame the bass and makes the highs shine to their full potential, and manages to bring out the mids.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #160 of 198
PLUS WE ARE LOOKING AT BASS CANS. NOT EVEN AUDIOPHILE CANS. Even then, these deliver decent mids, kinda sparkly treble, and the best part... Head thumping, shaking off your head (with an amp. They literally. Shake off your head.) bass. They are more even sounding than my friends beats studios.(pieces of crap with b on the side) and better too. They manage to pull up the low end, without drowning out the high end or mids... AGAIN, YOU MUST. ABSOLUTELY MUST. HAVE AN AMP.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #161 of 198
I tried them out of my EHHA, so I'd like to think they were sufficiently driven. I tried them with some Parov Stelar, James Blake, Big Gigantic, and Daft Punk, and they sounded pretty slow and muddled. For $100, I'd probably go with the AKG K181 instead.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #162 of 198
How much power output does the ehha have?

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #163 of 198
I don't know the actual number (Alex Cavalli didn't post that number as far as I'm aware) but after searching, I think it outputs over 12Vrms, so it's enough power.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #164 of 198

I doubt JVC because they've never made anything worth listening to. They were and will always be a budget brand.

And stop typing like an ass. We get it, you like the MR77X, you don't need to make 8 posts in a row about the damn thing. 

I also guarantee the DR-Z7 hits harder. They have impact not just in the bass, but throughout the entire frequency spectrum. I've been scared ****less by these when shuffle changes to a bassy track. It's sharp, intense, concise, and thundering without the disgusting bloat or fart that you normally get from dynamics. If the content is there, these are unbeatable, but they won't add bass or impact to anything that shouldn't have it, so you probably wouldn't like it.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #165 of 198
  I doubt JVC because they've never made anything worth listening to. They were and will always be a budget brand.

And stop typing like an ass. We get it, you like the MR77X, you don't need to make 8 posts in a row about the damn thing. 

I also guarantee the DR-Z7 hits harder. They have impact not just in the bass, but throughout the entire frequency spectrum. I've been scared ****less by these when shuffle changes to a bassy track. It's sharp, intense, concise, and thundering without the disgusting bloat or fart that you normally get from dynamics. If the content is there, these are unbeatable, but they won't add bass or impact to anything that shouldn't have it, so you probably wouldn't like it.

I think his point, and it may be perfectly valid, is that when it comes to literally nothing but bass rumbling, they're the best at it. Headphones for people who leave their entire car audio system stock but dump a gigantic subwoofer in the trunk and think it sounds awesome.

I could believe it. I'd probably stick the Sony X10 and the Skullcandy Crushers up for consideration as well. If ALL you give a toss about is a boatload of low frequencies, there are plenty of inexpensive solutions for you. The real challenge is being able to do that without completely destroying the integrity of the music, which... well, let's just say JVC and the boys are not good at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back