Best bass headphone under $100
Oct 17, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #47 of 56
Well, I just pulled the trigger on the HTF600s from Amazon. Everyone seems to be out of stock on the velours, so they'll need to wait. 

To Tdockweiler: I'm a geezer, not a basshead by any stretch of the imagination. I got over that sometime in the 70s when I retired my old Cerwin Vegas.
For HPs, all I have now are HD555s and HD668Bs, and ME M6 IEMs, so I know my mids but damn, sometimes bass is nice. I might even still be able to hear 50Hz.  Maybe.

Anyway, if the mids go missing with these, I'll surely notice, but I wanted something cheap, (my middle name), with a bit more bass then I can squeeze out of my present HPs, and without screwing around with EQs too much.

I consider that I have Dsnut's personal guarantee and if I don't like them, it'll be all his fault. Go that, Dsnut? : )

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #48 of 56

Quote:
Well, I just pulled the trigger on the HTF600s from Amazon. Everyone seems to be out of stock on the velours, so they'll need to wait. 

To Tdockweiler: I'm a geezer, not a basshead by any stretch of the imagination. I got over that sometime in the 70s when I retired my old Cerwin Vegas.
For HPs, all I have now are HD555s and HD668Bs, and ME M6 IEMs, so I know my mids but damn, sometimes bass is nice. I might even still be able to hear 50Hz.  Maybe.

Anyway, if the mids go missing with these, I'll surely notice, but I wanted something cheap, (my middle name), with a bit more bass then I can squeeze out of my present HPs, and without screwing around with EQs too much.

I consider that I have Dsnut's personal guarantee and if I don't like them, it'll be all his fault. Go that, Dsnut? : )

Yes sir.! Give them a nice 24 hours burn in before taking a good listen.. They need at least 40 for full loosening of the drivers. Out of the box they aren't bad but they don't sound like a fully loose HTF600 sound like. Enjoy your new headphones and let us know how you like them on the Panasonic HTF600 thread...So far I haven't had anyone cry foul.. yet. lol!

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #49 of 56
I took Dsnuts word for it and purchased the HTF's with the pads. Ill be comparing them to my XB500s, Studio Beats, my friends Pros, and my V Moda Crossfades. I really hope these turn out to be as good as everyone says

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #50 of 56
So if I wanted controlled bass with a still more than adequate SQ I'd get the HTF600s, yes?
But if I wanted a rumble without much consideration for quality I'd get the XBs?

I'm gonna need more mannequin heads to hold all of these :frowning2:

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #51 of 56

Quote:
So if I wanted controlled bass with a still more than adequate SQ I'd get the HTF600s, yes?
But if I wanted a rumble without much consideration for quality I'd get the XBs?

I'm gonna need more mannequin heads to hold all of these :frowning2:

I don't think the HTF-600 has anything near "controlled bass". Of course, doesn't mean it's bad. I've found the M50 to have much more controlled bass, but only the white boxed version.
Too bad it's not around $120 anymore. Anything with mid-bass the HTF-600 butchers. Some may like this, but at least it's better controlled than the old FOTM the Kicker HP541.

For controlled bass, the UR-55, DJ100 and the Superlux HD-668B come to mind. Even the Porta Pro!
It seems there are not many headphones with controlled bass for...bassheads under $100. I mean..is that possible? You know they're going to call this "controlled bass" bass light...

Another one that gets my pass is the K240 Studio, but it needs an amp. It does have a lot of bass despite it being a studio monitor.

HTF-600 isn't bad, but the XB500 is far better but ONLY when EQed. If I wasn't going to EQ I'd take the HTF-600. XB500 is severely muffled without EQ. HTF-600 is worth about $60 if you like their sound.
The Creative Aurvana Live is far better IMO.

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #52 of 56
Would anyone have a recommendation what to upgrade to after JVC HA-M750-E?
I like these headphones a lot but I was wondering if there was anything out there that would be noticeable in quality compared.

I have owned my HA’s for over 2 years and they were my first pair of reasonably good quality headphones I ever owned.
As I would go through three or more pairs of Sony In Ear ones. I rate them highly but I’m trying to figure out my next move.

I mainly listen to metal, dubstep, neuro, drum and base type music ect sub genres.

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #53 of 56
Sony MDR-V55s............ amazing bass, and you dont lose the mids/highs.

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #55 of 56
Quote:

The mids are a bit mucky compared to other models. But they're certainly not too shabby.

Yeah, but he said Bass headphones for under $100.  To me, they are the best all around for bass and decent mids/highs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back