Best bass headphone under $100
Oct 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

hinduspy

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for good bass headphones under $100. While I'm not a huge basshead, i do listen to electronic and hip hop and rap so I figured that a bassier headphone would suit me more. Of course, I don't want to sacrifice highs and mids just for lots of bass, I would like a good mix. I've been looking at Sennheiser HD438 and the Grado SR60i but anything is fine. Please keep it under $100! Thanks.

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 56
Koss Pro DJ100 with M50 pads is the best choice.

If you want balanced and superb sound: Fostex T50RP. You can modified them to sound as you want.

Also the Grado is quite good.

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 56
Im not sure about the Pro dj100. Some people were not satisfied by its bass. 

Take a look at the Shure 750dj. They have good bass response and details. 

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 56

Quote:
Im not sure about the Pro dj100. Some people were not satisfied by its bass. 

Take a look at the Shure 750dj. They have good bass response and details. 

I wasn't a believer of the DJ100 until I try them. If you buy from Amazon, you can return it if you don't like it. With the M50 pads it's another beast, trust me.

I consider them my basshead and portable headphones, though they have a very balanced sound, yet powerful bass.

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #8 of 56

Quote:
Heya,

Panasonic HTF600. Best bassy headphone per dollar over all in my book. That means better than a XB500 too. It beats it because the bass is similar, yet it has the mids/treble that the XB500 does not have.

Very best,

Seconding these.  I love these tremendously and cannot get enough of them.  Great bass and sub bass that you can actually feel with good highs and mids to boot.  As a bonus, easy to drive, no amp needed.

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #9 of 56
Haven't tried the Panasonic HTF600 but I've only heard good things about it.
With personal experience though, the XB500's are awesome for the price and have bucket loads of bass at your disposal. I picked mine up for $35. 
k701smile.gif

Oct 16, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #11 of 56
I would throw the JVC HA M-750 into this category aswell, to be honest I think the bass extends pretty deep and with EQing is a pretty damn good bass budget headphone.  I returned my AKG K518 in favour of the JVC HA M750 because bass hit harder and was deeper.  It's not very much talked about here on headfi though. 

Oct 16, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #14 of 56
Ya so here is the challenge.. All you guys that are suggesting the XB series need to educate yourselves on the HTF600. You know the mids and highs that are non existant on the Xb series without eQ.?  Imagine fully smooth highs and full mids with the bass of the XB500 and you get the HTF600..

@Negakinu. You bet the HTF600 is cheaper @$30.. Too cheap not to try out for all you veterans that need to hear them so you all can suggest something better that is actually cheaper.. That is everyone on this thread. Minus one MalveauX. Who owns 2.  If you love music you will love the HTF600. Skip on some lunch and get one.

Oct 16, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #15 of 56
Does the bass extend deep and hit hard with the HTF600 - say more than the AKG k518 and xb 500?  I think I might get a pair of these I can get them for £25.    I'm not sure they will have any more bass than my JVC HA M-750 which I love at the minute but I'm  always on the look out for budget cans like this - it's like getting a nice surprise at Christmas lol
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back