Best >$250 in ear for my needs
Jun 3, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
This are most likely Fake, it is hard to believe Japanese made IEMs cost less in China then what they cost in Japan.

Sorry.  Made a mistake.  Should be www.gimmedigi.com.
The site looks genuine enough, a joint venture e-commerce site between HP and Hutchison Whampoa.  I'm not vouching for the site, just sharing some info.

Jun 5, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #19 of 22
So i've just worked out that the ck10's will be too expensive for me and suspect that they may have been too bright for me anyway (which is why i'm not so big on the dba-02's)

Which leaves me with two options, the etymotic hf5's and the gr07's 

The isolation on the hf5's sounds awesome but the vsonics sound like they have better bass response and are a bit warmer (which i prefer)

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #21 of 22

Quote:
Go for the GR07 then.  The Etys are known to be a little cold and analytical, the GR07 is anything but.

Awesome, that's pretty consistent with what i've read.
Thanks for the help guys. 

Problem solved; gr07 it is   
etysmile.gif

Will be sure to post my thoughts when i get them. 

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #22 of 22
Having used both the GR07's and HF3(same driver on HF5), I can say they are both fantastic IEM's with different offerings. The Ety's sound may take some getting used to if you come to expect a big bassy sound, but I find the bass is extremely well detailed for what it is; I was actually able to detect some shocking nuances in bass notes that my other headphones and IEM's tend to gleam over.
However, the GR07 is a fantastic all-rounder. They are less likely to obliterate high compression music, unlike the HF5, while still sounding technical(in a good way)

edit: oh wow, did not realize how late I am to the party
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back