Beats Style Headphones but Not Beats?
Nov 10, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #20 of 30
Nov 10, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #23 of 30

Quote:
Soul SL150 got a good review from Tyll. The frequency response is surprisingly even. Too much mid-bass/lower mid-range from 100-500 Hz, but pretty well extended bass and the treble has no big peaks.

Hmm those look even suprisingly good in the measurements (talking from a basshead's perspective), nice to see not all celebrity headphones are bunch of crap. I might even really like these headphones with a slightly EQ work. 

31Hz: +3.0
250Hz: -1.5 
500Hz: -1.0 
 2khZ: +1.0
 4kHz: +1.5
 8kHz:  +0.5
16kHz: +2.0

or something like that as I like big even bass response coupled with forward mids and neutral highs.

Nov 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #24 of 30

Quote:
For great audio and a sleek design, i'd raise a hand (as usual, other people don't give these the credit they deserve imo) for the AIAIAI TMA-1!

i second this. quite the underrated headphone

Nov 10, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #25 of 30
For great audio and a sleek design, i'd raise a hand (as usual, other people don't give these the credit they deserve imo) for the AIAIAI TMA-1!

I second the recommendation on the TMA-1's. I love them paired with my iPhone 4. I prefer the iPhone 4 + TMA-1's over the HD650's + HeadRoom's desktop amp/dac + laptop. The TMA-1's are a small, sealed, and way easier to power HD650 with better bass and more detailed treble. I find the iPhone 4 and TMA-1 to be quite the combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #26 of 30
oh maannnn, those look hideous! haha.
I love the wooden HF style, I just ordered a pair of D2000's with D7000 cups =)

Anyways, good luck on your hunt!
-Robert

May 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #29 of 30
I still recommend, if your looking into the beats style headphones to take a peak at the Fanny Wangs, the sound is much better then beats. - but still look.... actually... they look... identical. haha
Anyways, I'd rather recommend something else, but for someone like you looking for something that looks cool... those are your best option; you can even customize the colors =)

May 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I am pretty new to the higher end headphones. I was wondering are there any high end offerings that offer the style of Beats, but a lot better SQ?

Thank you!
Alan

Sorry for the delayed response, but just noticed this post, check out the M-Audio Q40 with a FiiO E11 portable amp.  You can buy both for under $200 combined and they will absolutely blow away Beats with quality mids and highs, even in the bass department.  I just bought mine a few days ago and love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back