Beats Solo HD vs. Beats Mixr?
Jul 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #16 of 64
According to Monster (just a parrot here, not voiceing my tested opinion), the mixr's have a flat accurate sound, whereas the solos and studios have enhanced bass.

This may answer your question, regardless of whether or not either model is a suitable headphone.

Jul 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #17 of 64
http://www.ecost.com/p/product~dpno~8320746~pdp.gdehdae?source=EWBCJTEXT

If you want the most bass out of any headphone EVAR, than here ya go. I hear it has as much bass as any Beats headphone, better sound quality in general, and it's 1/5 of the price for the next 7 hours.

If you're fixated on the Beats, then you're going to want the Solos. These are awful headphones and I can't wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone, but they have a lot of bloated sounding bass, if that's what you're into. They are poorly built, so don't be surprised if they break in 3 months. Also, be aware that with this purchase, you are paying a premium to get a less reliable pair of headphones simply because of a name.

But if that's what you want, get the Pros.

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #18 of 64
just informing beats by dr dre split from monster and is know a inpendent company

the solos are horriable headphones good bass but my god talk about muddy they broke happily so i gave them away

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #19 of 64
I would just avoid the Beats line as a whole. They sound like crap, and the build is just as bad. The only Beats headphones that even sound decent are ridiculously overpriced. You'd be better off with almost any other brand. The V-Moda M80 looks and sounds better than any of the Beats (aside from maybe the Pro. I've never A/Bed them). The Audio Technica ATH-M50 also bests the Beats line handily. I'm sure any member of Head-Fi can list probably at least dozen or so headphones in the same price range that have better sound and build quality. 

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #21 of 64
Quote:

i only listen to hip hop anyway so beats are suitable, and the pros are way to big and the studios you need batteries and they leak sound :S. If i do make another choice it would be the in-ear Atomic Floyd Superdarts but i feel like getting some on-ears. Just need to know which has more bass out of the Mixrs or Solo HD?, and apparently the brand new Solo HD's, the ones with the new colours that have only just come out are supposed to be improved...

The soul sl100 look just like the solo HD, sound better, and 50$ dollars less

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #23 of 64
Quote:
In all honesty teenagers, i should know because i am one, care about fashion (we say swag :D) more than anything else. Thats the reason I buy iems because the good sounding headphones look dumb.

I'm one too, but there are a lot of cool looking headphones that sound nice and are affordable. I prefer more of a "classy" look, but there are good looking headphones that fulfill a variety of aesthetic preferences with good price/performance ratio at almost any budget these days.

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #25 of 64
Quote:
In all honesty teenagers, i should know because i am one, care about fashion (we say swag :D) more than anything else. Thats the reason I buy iems because the good sounding headphones look dumb.

The AKG Q701 sounds beautiful, and looks just as good. Though I admit I prefer the blue/silver scheme of the K702.

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #26 of 64
Quote:
 The AKG Q701 sounds beautiful, and looks just as good. Though I admit I prefer the blue/silver scheme of the K702.

Too bad those AKG's are not portable and even though Quincy Jones is a much better producer than Dr. Dre, Dre is still more popular than Quincy Jones.  Also, the beats are advertised much heavier than the AKGs.

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #27 of 64
Quote:
Too bad those AKG's are not portable and even though Quincy Jones is a much better producer than Dr. Dre, Dre is still more popular than Quincy Jones.  Also, the beats are advertised much heavier than the AKGs.

Dr. Dre is a pretty phenomenal producer, though, IMHO. That's what made the Beat's sound signature kind of off-putting to me. Dr. Dre's production work is detailed and balanced, with only a *slight* bass emphasis in some songs (probably done in mastering or mixing, which is usually not Dr. Dre's job). The Beats sound, if anything, like they were made by Lil' John or something.

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #28 of 64
its pathetic that someone asks the head-fiers opinions and then totally disregards 99% of our input. 

Disregard beats, unless you care zero about sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back