Beats Solo HD vs. Beats Mixr?
May 19, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #46 of 64
Quote:
Hi, I'd say the beats solo are best suited if you're into heavy rythmic sounds like hiphop and techno because of the predominant bases. The middle and high sounds are veiled and would need enhancing for many people though. The mxr has a better balance for a wider variety of sounds.

For those who understand any French there's a review of the beats mixr and solo & co. on my website.

The new non-Monster Solo HD are not veiled.  I'm listening to one right now.

May 19, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #48 of 64
Tried one Solo HD at a shop and one side is already down, the sound quality is just............ worse than ibuds

May 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #49 of 64
Store demos are a terrible way to make judgment on any headphones.  You have to use it and live with it to appreciate any product.  Living with vs. trying leaves very different experiences.

May 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #50 of 64
Quote:
Store demos are a terrible way to make judgment on any headphones.  You have to use it and live with it to appreciate any product.  Living with vs. trying leaves very different experiences.

no its not.

its a good way.... makes no sense

May 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #51 of 64
Well compared to reading reviews, store demos are good, but compared to review samples, of course store demo's aren't nearly as good.
Jaben lets you plug in your laptop and use your dac/amp though (as long as they aren't too big).

May 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #52 of 64
It depend how adaptable your ears, how familiar you are with the song, source and amp and how noisy the environment is.

In store like Jaben the last two are non-issue, though I doubt they stock beats. At least here they don't.

May 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #53 of 64
Quote:
It depend how adaptable your ears, how familiar you are with the song, source and amp and how noisy the environment is.

In store like Jaben the last two are non-issue, though I doubt they stock beats. At least here they don't.

They do have beats. Solo, studio, pro and mixr. They also have Sol but no Monster ones.
(but not to forget their proper hifi goodies from beyer, senns, hifiman, akg, audeze, grado, etc etc.)

May 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #55 of 64
@streetdragon no executive? What's your opinion on the mixr?

Well, i thought it sounded just okay, probably value it's sound at about equivalent to an average bassy sub $100 headphone. Comfort is much worse than any grado we whine about, especially for glasses users since the padding is so soft the extreme clamping force allows you to feel the hard plastic frame underneeth.

Also no they don't have the executives, (the shop owners don't like beats and they joke about them too anyway XD )

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #60 of 64
The beats solo 2 are out and they are supposed to be great for bass

Emphasis is mine. I'll make a cheap plug about Beats and their overactive marketing now :wink:

But seriously, Beats are all about the marketing and brand. To answer the OP's question, since you obviously only care about the fashion aspect (you said you want a 'b' logo and nothing else will do), I would just tell you to pick whichever is cheaper. You certainly won't get your money's worth in sound, but the value of fashion is subjective. If all you want is a little 'b,' it's better to pay less for the privilege, no? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back