Beats Solo HD vs. Beats Mixr?
Jul 29, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #31 of 64

Quote:
its pathetic that someone asks the head-fiers opinions and then totally disregards 99% of our input. 

Disregard beats, unless you care zero about sound quality.

Quote:
+1 to that

Quote:

+4

I know that you asked a legitimate question, but seriously, this is an audiophile forum. You are going to get the opinions of audiophiles. Audiophiles care about sound quality. The Beats don't have good quality.

None of us in the thread, and next to no people in the entire forum, can wholeheartedly recommend any Beats headphone at their price points.

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #35 of 64
Quote:
For info about the Solo HD's click here.

It's a fairly short but to the point YouTube review.

Good review, i demoed them in apple today and i like the bass but they are overall... ****! and they feel cheap, i know they will break!! now youve all explained to me about the solos which i wont be buying, what do you think on the Mixrs? im no audiophile but i demoed them today and they do sound better than the solos and the build quiality is so much better but if you guys still think im disgusting for even considering them then atleast let me know what you think of the Atomic Floyd Superdarts for you who knows?? :/ thanks...

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #36 of 64

Originally Posted by CashNotCredit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

+4  

I know that you asked a legitimate question, but seriously, this is an audiophile forum. You are going to get the opinions of audiophiles. Audiophiles care about sound quality. The Beats don't have good quality. 

None of us in the thread, and next to no people in the entire forum, can wholeheartedly recommend any Beats headphone at their price points.

+5, 6 & 7 (sigh)

Based on ClieOS MOST EXCELLENT review here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/598661/review-atomic-floyd-superdarts-remote-iem-of-steel

I believe that these are the Buds for You!

beerchug.gif

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #37 of 64
The Solo HD demands a lot more power to drive well than the MIXR does. The MIXR sounds better with genres beyond rap/hip hop. Stay tuned for my video review on the entire Beats line.

Jul 31, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #40 of 64
Quote:
Too bad those AKG's are not portable and even though Quincy Jones is a much better producer than Dr. Dre, Dre is still more popular than Quincy Jones.  Also, the beats are advertised much heavier than the AKGs.

I was just pointing out that there are headphones that both look and sound good.

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #42 of 64
Quote:
to answer your question it depends. Dr. Dre built the mixr beats for DJ's and the Beats solo hd for everyday uses. etc listening on ipods and watch tv

lol this thread is 5 months old, i wonder what happened to OP.
and both are really bad, one kills your inner ear and one kills your outer ear but both kill your wallet (not joking)

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #43 of 64
i personally think the mixrs are better than the solos. The mixrs are a little more costly than the solos but they have better quality and sound. The mixrs are also better than the tours as i have and used all of these types. But if sound is what you are interested in you should get sennhieser for premium studio quality sound. But the mixrs are better than the solos and tours.

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #44 of 64
Hi, I'd say the beats solo are best suited if you're into heavy rythmic sounds like hiphop and techno because of the predominant bases. The middle and high sounds are veiled and would need enhancing for many people though. The mxr has a better balance for a wider variety of sounds.

For those who understand any French there's a review of the beats mixr and solo & co. on my website.

May 18, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #45 of 64
Why won't you try the pioneer hdj 1500? The bass is wider/better quality along with the soundstage; and the mids/highs are less recessed than the solo HD's. Plus, if you want more bass quantity you can buy a cheap portable amp like the fiio e6 with bass boost features and get overall better bass and sound quality. All of that would add up to about less than $250 (the cost of the mixr). Just a suggestion!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back