balanced tube amp from little dot
Jan 19, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #16 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found Sword Yang's reply about a balanced tube amp on the Little-Tube forum. He says it is due out in March for around $699 !!!!!!!
eek.gif

i think i know what my next purchase is going to be.
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #17 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think i know what my next purchase is going to be.
wink.gif

"To be (balanced) or not to be (balanced). Oh, my wife is going to kill me for sure.
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #18 of 184
Dunno about you guys, but that's a rather big dot to me.
wink.gif

Hope to hear more about its release date and stuff. Go tubes!

Jan 19, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #21 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardHeadCase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this is a green pea question but here goes. You need a balanced source to derive any benefit from driving your headphones in a balanced configuration?

This rule would generally apply. So, yes for the easy answer.

Some amplifiers though, accept single ended inputs (RCA) but are able to output in balanced mode. I'm not sure which amplifier this is; the RWA Sig 30(.2) or the First Watt line of amps, or both, rather. Not sure here, but one or the other.

Anyway, these are power amps...

I have yet to see any headamp that can gives a fully differential balanced output with a single ended input.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #22 of 184
related to the LD balanced amp, what are the choices of balanced source if i want to use from computer (USB DAC)
i can only think of Lavry DA10, DAC1, Apogee mini-DAC USB, anything else?

Jan 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #23 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
related to the LD balanced amp, what are the choices of balanced source if i want to use from computer (USB DAC)
i can only think of Lavry DA10, DAC1, Apogee mini-DAC USB, anything else?

I'm requesting information on the new PC-Link II from DIY kits. It may be a another possibility, but I won't know until next week.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #24 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardHeadCase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I say canned Pineapples, anyone wanna wager?

I would wager they are not pineapple cans. Do you think that canned pineapples are common is Asia? They have fresh ones there you know! I would bet more on something like condensed milk.

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #25 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm requesting information on the new PC-Link II from DIY kits. It may be a another possibility, but I won't know until next week.
smily_headphones1.gif

nice Penchum, btw i' ve been searching, and found this, for $90 it looks interesting
AudioDIYLab - News

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #26 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This rule would generally apply. So, yes for the easy answer.

Some amplifiers though, accept single ended inputs (RCA) but are able to output in balanced mode. I'm not sure which amplifier this is; the RWA Sig 30(.2) or the First Watt line of amps, or both, rather. Not sure here, but one or the other.

Anyway, these are power amps...

Quote:

I have yet to see any headamp that can gives a fully differential balanced output with a single ended input.

smily_headphones1.gif

Is the Darkvoice 337 not a balanced single ended amp?

Jan 20, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #27 of 184
Quote:

nice Penchum, btw i' ve been searching, and found this, for $90 it looks interesting
AudioDIYLab - News

Yes, it does look interesting. I'm not sure I have the patience to "get it done" though. Do you know if they are selling them completed?

Jan 20, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #28 of 184
The Darkvoice 337 doesn't have a phase splitter, atleast not one that has been mentioned in the past. (doesn't even seem to have balanced output jacks either)

Jan 20, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #29 of 184
@Penchum
nope, from the description, we have to solder the caps given, about 17 red caps, 4 BG's and 2 LED's, maybe i could get someone to solder them for me

or maybe this
BES Audio LLC - Icarus
already assembled unit, contains 3 different DAC chipset, looks nice for $379, but the DIY case work is not smooth, kinda rough IMO

Jan 20, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #30 of 184
Quote:

@Penchum
nope, from the description, we have to solder the caps given, about 17 red caps, 4 BG's and 2 LED's, maybe i could get someone to solder them for me

or maybe this
BES Audio LLC - Icarus
already assembled unit, contains 3 different DAC chipset, looks nice for $379, but the DIY case work is not smooth, kinda rough IMO

Agreed. I think I'll wait and see what is up with that PC-Link II box. I would love to have a no hassle, hook it up box.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back