Audiophile iOS audio player
Dec 11, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #391 of 855
Yeah no high res for cloudbeats...I've ripped all my audio from CDs I own to 320 kbps AAC and it sounds really good to me. Listening more in detail, Hiby seems to have more separation/air...but being limited in only streaming my files from Baidu, the app experience is lacking. I'm in a bind as I only have a 16GB phone and need a way to access all of my music streaming, which Cloudbeats handles in a much more intuitive way.

Understood.
In my case I have DS Audio from Synology that would play all my music from my NAS, at home or remote. It handles any audio format including DSD.
At home it acts as a DNLA controller so it can push any high res FLAC or DSF files to my network streamer without conversion in original quality.
It only has one fatal flaw, when listening on the iOS device it down coverts everything to 16bit 44KHz.

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #392 of 855
Understood.
In my case I have DS Audio from Synology that would play all my music from my NAS, at home or remote. It handles any audio format including DSD.
At home it acts as a DNLA controller so it can push any high res FLAC or DSF files to my network streamer without conversion in original quality.
It only has one fatal flaw, when listening on the iOS device it down coverts everything to 16bit 44KHz.

Ah is that then a limitation of the DS Audio iOS app? Not being able to output the untouched high res file from the iOS device through your DF Red?

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #395 of 855
I'm running Asset at home (DLNA UPnP server from DBPoweramp people) and if you turn off all conversions it seems to stream bitperfectly (NEPlayer and HiBy both report the correct sample rate of high-res files at least). For remote I haven't figured anything out yet. I believe Roon will do this but requires hardware (an "endpoint" they call it) and a subscription.

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #396 of 855
I recently downloaded Hibymusic for iPhone to see if its interface was better than iAudioGate. I like its simpler interface, even as I miss the additional information iAudioGate shows such as the output interface.

Anyway, I was really happy to see that folder browsing exists in this player. What has been puzzling me has been the album view. On a compilation album that is properly tagged, some of the songs are somehow being shown in their own album instead of as part of the compilation album title along with the other songs. Interestingly, the album that they are placed into is the album the song was originally published under but the tagged information for the song's album is the compilation album's name. Where is Hibymusic getting the original album information? Is it using a cloud library to find this information and creating its own tag information? Because that information is definitely not tagged to the song. I have checked it with multiple tag editors just in case some other software has re-tagged it for me. Also, this is not a problem with other apps like iAudioGate.

Has anybody else observed this behavior?

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #397 of 855
I recently downloaded Hibymusic for iPhone to see if its interface was better than iAudioGate. I like its simpler interface, even as I miss the additional information iAudioGate shows such as the output interface.

Anyway, I was really happy to see that folder browsing exists in this player. What has been puzzling me has been the album view. On a compilation album that is properly tagged, some of the songs are somehow being shown in their own album instead of as part of the compilation album title along with the other songs. Interestingly, the album that they are placed into is the album the song was originally published under but the tagged information for the song's album is the compilation album's name. Where is Hibymusic getting the original album information? Is it using a cloud library to find this information and creating its own tag information? Because that information is definitely not tagged to the song. I have checked it with multiple tag editors just in case some other software has re-tagged it for me. Also, this is not a problem with other apps like iAudioGate.

Has anybody else observed this behavior?

Hello TimeLord,

Thanks for trying Hiby! May I ask, whether these albums you speak of are part of your iTunes library (so you enabled Hiby's iTunes library scan option to find them), or did you import them into Hiby directly?

In any case, if you could send the music track in question to bugs@hiby.cd for testing, that would be great.

Best regards,
Joe Bloggs
Hibymusic team member

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 13, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #398 of 855
Yes seems it's a limitation of Ds audio same as cloud beats.

Got this message from CloudBeats. Apple won't issue a refund, jerks lol

-----------------------------
Sorry, we do not support high sampled output. This is not supported by Apple audio components so adding is not trivial. 

I will add this item to our product backlog for further investigation. 
  Regards,
Roman
www.cloudbeatsapp.com

On Dec 12, 2016, at 22:00, <dev@cloudbeatsapp.com> wrote:

After purchasing your app I found out that it is unable to play high res flac files or other high res formats in original resolution, for example 24 bit 96KHz.
My USB connected DAC shows that audio is converted to 16 bit 44KHz.
Are you planning on fixing this?

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #400 of 855
Hello TimeLord,

Thanks for trying Hiby! May I ask, whether these albums you speak of are part of your iTunes library (so you enabled Hiby's iTunes library scan option to find them), or did you import them into Hiby directly?

In any case, if you could send the music track in question to bugs@hiby.cd for testing, that would be great.

Best regards,
Joe Bloggs
Hibymusic team member

Hey Joe, great job on Hiby, overall it's a great sounding player app. Do you want any usability suggestions? :)

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #401 of 855
I'm running Asset at home (DLNA UPnP server from DBPoweramp people) and if you turn off all conversions it seems to stream bitperfectly (NEPlayer and HiBy both report the correct sample rate of high-res files at least). For remote I haven't figured anything out yet. I believe Roon will do this but requires hardware (an "endpoint" they call it) and a subscription.

What do you mean by a remote?

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #402 of 855
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #403 of 855
Sure!
etysmile.gif

Hello Joe,
Recently downloaded and install Hiby player into my iOS device and the very first problem I've encountered that
the player can't find iPodlibraray and the process of scan lead to nothing but a crash!
Please note that, in settings I've checked the iPod lib. feature.
So, is there an update coming to fix it?

Thanks.

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #404 of 855

Hi, thanks, I had done that but it when I start the scan it just sits there saying "0 Tracks" and then crashes after awhile. Have done this a few times now, inlcuding rebooting my phone and deleting and reinstalling the app. Hmm...

Same here!

Hi vmixer, Could you please tell me, how you solved that ?

Thanks.

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #405 of 855
Hello Joe,
Recently downloaded and install Hiby player into my iOS device and the very first problem I've encountered that
the player can't find iPodlibraray and the process of scan lead to nothing but a crash!
Please note that, in settings I've checked the iPod lib. feature.
So, is there an update coming to fix it?

Thanks.

Hello emuzaman,

Yes, this was our first release that supports scanning the iPod library (previously we had to import music for Hiby separately) and we're aware that the iPod library scanning feature is not the most robust at the moment :p We're doing our best to improve it. If you would still like to try Hiby right now, you can open Hiby in iTunes on your computer to import songs directly to it, or use Hiby's Cloud import feature when your iPhone is connected to the same WiFi as your computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back