Audiophile iOS audio player
Dec 1, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #377 of 855
There is a Hiby update released. Claims it plays the iPod music library. Doesn't seem to work for me.

It isn't set to see the iTunes music library by default for some reason. You would have to go into the menu (music note button on the upper left) and tap Music scan from there to bring up the detailed music scan menu. Enable "Synchronous iPod Music Library" and then tap Scan all again and your iTunes synced songs should show up.

Agreed, no joy here for me either with playing my iTunes songs. It just crashes?

When does that happen? :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 1, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #378 of 855
There is a Hiby update released. Claims it plays the iPod music library. Doesn't seem to work for me.

Agreed, no joy here for me either with playing my iTunes songs. It just crashes?

Whether or not your iTunes music can be played back by any other player than Apple's will depend on when you got the music files. If it's an older one with DRM then Hiby or anything else, except Apple's player, will not be able to play them.

You may be able to download DRM free versions of your songs with an iTunes Match subscription. See this for more information.

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #379 of 855
It isn't set to see the iTunes music library by default for some reason. You would have to go into the menu (music note button on the upper left) and tap Music scan from there to bring up the detailed music scan menu. Enable "Synchronous iPod Music Library" and then tap Scan all again and your iTunes synced songs should show up.

Thank you! Didn't think looking there :)

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #380 of 855
Whether or not your iTunes music can be played back by any other player than Apple's will depend on when you got the music files. If it's an older one with DRM then Hiby or anything else, except Apple's player, will not be able to play them.

You may be able to download DRM free versions of your songs with an iTunes Match subscription. See this for more information.

I was purely looking at DRM-free ALAC files in this case.
Having the ability to play music from the iPod file location is a good way to have only one set of audio files accessible by several player applications. Might even be an argument for converting FLAC files to ALAC, as far as I know you can't upload FLACs to the iPod file area (last time I tried they didn't play).

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #381 of 855
When does that happen?
redface.gif

Hi, thanks, I had done that but it when I start the scan it just sits there saying "0 Tracks" and then crashes after awhile. Have done this a few times now, inlcuding rebooting my phone and deleting and reinstalling the app. Hmm...

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #382 of 855
I was purely looking at DRM-free ALAC files in this case.
Having the ability to play music from the iPod file location is a good way to have only one set of audio files accessible by several player applications. Might even be an argument for converting FLAC files to ALAC, as far as I know you can't upload FLACs to the iPod file area (last time I tried they didn't play).

That makes sense. I expect every player to be capable of playing ALAC (or other non-DRM files) in the native player's library. If it can't even do that, what's the point?

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #383 of 855
That makes sense. I expect every player to be capable of playing ALAC (or other non-DRM files) in the native player's library. If it can't even do that, what's the point?

I would agree. I use the application FLACTunes found in the Mac Store to convert all my FLAC to ALAC and automatically upload it to my iTunes library. I use NePLAYER to listen but I love iTunes as a file management system.

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #385 of 855
I would agree. I use the application FLACTunes found in the Mac Store to convert all my FLAC to ALAC and automatically upload it to my iTunes library. I use NePLAYER to listen but I love iTunes as a file management system.

It sounds like it works well for you. I, on the other hand, have been fighting iTunes for the last 10 years. I don't want it managing my files. And I don't want to keep a duplicate of my library of FLAC files in ALAC as well.

What would compete my wishlist for a good player is if it allowed me to browse by folder. The foobar2000 player for iOS does that, but it does not play bit perfect hi-res files. I'm hoping they'll update that. Also, the interface is really awful. That currently playing screen requiring you to swipe to go back to see the library and the general feel of the app is just bad.

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #386 of 855
It sounds like it works well for you. I, on the other hand, have been fighting iTunes for the last 10 years. I don't want it managing my files. And I don't want to keep a duplicate of my library of FLAC files in ALAC as well.

What would compete my wishlist for a good player is if it allowed me to browse by folder. The foobar2000 player for iOS does that, but it does not play bit perfect hi-res files. I'm hoping they'll update that. Also, the interface is really awful. That currently playing screen requiring you to swipe to go back to see the library and the general feel of the app is just bad.

I agree with your complaints but I delete the duplicate FLAC file after I convert it. Also, with most of the third party apps like NePLAYER I just scroll to the bottom and click "add" and I am automatically directed to my iTunes library.

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #387 of 855
I had been streaming my collection with Hibymusic, but was experiencing some glitchiness in the app and latency in selecting tracks. I have been testing CloudBeats and I am quite impressed with the app as a whole and the way it presents my collection. I think Hiby *might* sound better, but it also seems to drain battery more. CloudBeats does gapless playback while streaming which Hiby could not do and overall is way more polished. I still will keep Hiby on my iPhone along with Google Play Music (the worst audio quality as everything in my collection was converted to mp3), but CloudBeats I think I will use mostly going forward.

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #390 of 855
Yeah no high res for cloudbeats...I've ripped all my audio from CDs I own to 320 kbps AAC and it sounds really good to me. Listening more in detail, Hiby seems to have more separation/air...but being limited in only streaming my files from Baidu, the app experience is lacking. I'm in a bind as I only have a 16GB phone and need a way to access all of my music streaming, which Cloudbeats handles in a much more intuitive way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back