Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
Jan 24, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #361 of 906
Can't say. Never had any of the previous ones the A700 or the A900. I do have the AD700 which you know leaks like crazy. These have thicker pleather pads instead of the thin vinyl of the older A900s. So I am thinking a bit better isolation.. For the most part I would guess the old A900 being about 92%-95% of the sound on these.

But that is just a guess. I have heard that the most noticeable improvement is in the bass which was what I was hoping for. Very tight accurate bass and reaches deep enough for me. Double dampening  in the design..The philips earphones somehow I have a feeling you will be more surprised by those than even these lovely sounding A900X believe it or not. The bass has to be heard on those.

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #362 of 906
Well if it's anything like this graph that's pretty serious bass right there haha. But I'm guessing it's not very punchy from the looks of it, reminds me more of XB700's bass response which lacks impact/punch for my taste as it focuses on <100Hz bass range.

But the mids look unfortunately very recessed in that measurement, V-shape sound signature.

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #363 of 906
Nope very punchy actually.. And the mids believe it or not is actually very present and forward sounding. For earphones they have a very full sound to them. The sub bass is unreal. There are $200 headphones that can't do the bass these little earphones can. For $10. I would try one. That graph don't represent how they sound at all. I wouldn't do a write up in them if they sounded recessed or crappy in any way. Fun little toy to mess around with and they sound great and eq like crazy.

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #364 of 906
Yeah I'll give that Philips She 3580 a try. Even if they are not that impressive 4 that price it doesn't really matter.

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #365 of 906
There ya go.. Ya and make sure to throw up what you think on them once you try them here. Try some bass end eq to your liking they are gonna surprise you.

Ya see most guys that look at these in their cheapo all plastic packaging and see flashes of them gummy jvcs you see at your local walmart and the like, that you pass by. .Oh wait these are just like the gummy JVCs. lol!.No these are stupid awesome for the price. These will sound nothing like what you guys think a $10 anything will sound like.

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #366 of 906
http://ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11094694788.html
Here we gooo

I ran a website translator through it.. didnt make much sense. But i couldnt see any disappointment from the rubbish translation...
Above all i really like the design and smaller build. Seems to be portable.
Seems promising.. Just bought a V-moda M80 and gave it away to my  little brother, cuz he fell in love them. Need replacement xD

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #367 of 906

Quote:
http://ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11094694788.html
Here we gooo

I ran a website translator through it.. didnt make much sense. But i couldnt see any disappointment from the rubbish translation...
Above all i really like the design and smaller build. Seems to be portable.
Seems promising.. Just bought a V-moda M80 and gave it away to my  little brother, cuz he fell in love them. Need replacement xD

I know what you mean about the V-Moda.  My brother has been eyeballin' my LP's.  I might just give those to him and snag a pair of LP2's.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #371 of 906

Quote:
why do they look so much bigger in them pics.?

Well either that or the guy above is actually a giant! :p (very unlikely)

BTW I checked around on those Philips IEMs, doesn't seem like they have them here, checked my country + amazon.co.uk but nope... are they new maybe? I saw some "bass" Philips IEMs in Tyll's CES Philips booth video which looked supiciously much like those. Oh well I'll keep an eye if I see them in a local market place.

No, seems like the ones in the video is different, maybe a new version? Check video at 1:41

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #375 of 906

Quote:
What kind of genres of music have you tried these with? It seems these would excel in hip-hop, rap, techno, and electronica.. How about rock, pop, and classical?

Im sorry. Are you asking about the PRo700Mk2? The newer Pro500MK2s? Or my Philips earbud suggestion? Sorry to jack your thread there Karl. Will get back on topic shortly.

@RPGwizard ,They don't have the Philips SHE3580 but they have a newer updated version but cost a bit more. Try looking up the SHE3680.. Same phones a bit better build and comes with a case something the SHE3580 is missing. These are the newer versions. Ok here we go.. Instead of the SHE3560. Get the SHE9700 instead.

These are upgrades to the SHE3580. These are longer but not bigger. These use the same drivers as the SHE3580/3680 but because of their housing design the sound has more depth and is better defined on both ends over the SHE3580/SHE3680..These have even a bigger bass punch and tonality in the sub bass is unbelievable in these. I should have shown you guys these instead but for the guys in the States the SHE3580 is cheap and is outstanding in it's own right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back