Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
Mar 11, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #901 of 906
Another noob question: is load rating the same with maximum power input?

Because then, the Pioneer HDJ 2000 or the ATH PRO700mkII, with their 3.500mW power handling would theoretically be able to support more power pumped into them than the Sennheisers HD 25-1 II, that have a load rating of 200mW. Is this plain stupid or somewhat correct? 

Oh, and (yet) another thing. While I'd be willing to order a pair of PRO700's from my local audio store, the only negative thing I've read about them is that sometimes, as with the PRO500's, power cuts out from one driver or another. That happened to me with my first pair of full sized headphones, a cheap Behringer HPX 2000 (I went through 4 pairs in a year, all due to driver failure, not the cord). Are these isolated incidents? I'd get a 2 year warranty on them, but then again, I really wouldn't like to have this happen to me, then wait for a month or so for a replacement.

I swear that every time I'm getting closer to liking a pair of headphones, something like this pops up and gets me down :frowning2: Some help would be much appreciated! 

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #902 of 906
Can definitely vouch for the Brainwavz replacement memory foam pads to replace the horrible stock pads

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFDT894?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Incredibly comfortable and i feel that the bass is even more enhanced with no loss in quality. 

Win/Win IMO. 

Mar 30, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #903 of 906
  Another noob question: is load rating the same with maximum power input?

Because then, the Pioneer HDJ 2000 or the ATH PRO700mkII, with their 3.500mW power handling would theoretically be able to support more power pumped into them than the Sennheisers HD 25-1 II, that have a load rating of 200mW. Is this plain stupid or somewhat correct? 

Oh, and (yet) another thing. While I'd be willing to order a pair of PRO700's from my local audio store, the only negative thing I've read about them is that sometimes, as with the PRO500's, power cuts out from one driver or another. That happened to me with my first pair of full sized headphones, a cheap Behringer HPX 2000 (I went through 4 pairs in a year, all due to driver failure, not the cord). Are these isolated incidents? I'd get a 2 year warranty on them, but then again, I really wouldn't like to have this happen to me, then wait for a month or so for a replacement.

I swear that every time I'm getting closer to liking a pair of headphones, something like this pops up and gets me down :frowning2: Some help would be much appreciated! 

It is. A headphone of 200mW power handling would distort after a certain volume. The PRO700MK2 don't distort and that's surely down to them being a DJ headphone and having the 3,500mW power input. I have tried so many headphones (Sennheiser HD 650, M-Audio Q40, Philips Fidelio X1 and X2, Ultrasone PRO 900, just to name a few) and the DJ headphones never seem to distort where as the others did somewhat. Have you heard the HDJ 2000 MK2? I was looking for somebody who has heard them because i have been considering them for a while.

May 27, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #904 of 906
Hello Guys,

I Feel like im doing something wrong sure the bass is there but its not that hard hitting i was expecting i ran them with m50x pads and on a magni 2 modi 2 combo windows bass boost is set at 100hz +12db tried 60hz  too is there anything i can try or maybe someone of you can tell me what im doing wrong i maxed out the volume and still its just not what i was expecting 

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #905 of 906
Aug 31, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #906 of 906
http://www.amazon.in/Replacement-Technica-ATH-M50-ATH-SX1-Headphone/dp/B01EY775PM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1472677206&sr=1-1&keywords=audio+pads

are these pads good for replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back