Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
Jan 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #376 of 906

Quote:
Im sorry. Are you asking about the PRo700Mk2? The newer Pro500MK2s? Or my Philips earbud suggestion? Sorry to jack your thread there Karl. Will get back on topic shortly.

@RPGwizard ,They don't have the Philips SHE3580 but they have a newer updated version but cost a bit more. Try looking up the SHE3680.. Same phones a bit better build and comes with a case something the SHE3580 is missing. These are the newer versions. Ok here we go.. Instead of the SHE3560. Get the SHE9700 instead.

These are upgrades to the SHE3580. These are longer but not bigger. These use the same drivers as the SHE3580/3680 but because of their housing design the sound has more depth and is better defined on both ends over the SHE3580/SHE3680..These have even a bigger bass punch and tonality in the sub bass is unbelievable in these. I should have shown you guys these instead but for the guys in the States the SHE3580 is cheap and is outstanding in it's own right.

It's all good :)  I might be needing a more comfortable closed-back that sounds good on everything (games and movies), but doesn't leak much sound and gets fantastically loud.  I might be checking out the DT660's - I hear they're bass-light but I can EQ it.  I checked out those Philips, they seem nice, though some reports of them failing/static in the sound.

I do like those A900x's you got, but am still curious as to how much they leak sound.

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #377 of 906

Quote:
Im sorry. Are you asking about the PRo700Mk2? The newer Pro500MK2s? Or my Philips earbud suggestion? Sorry to jack your thread there Karl. Will get back on topic shortly.

I was asking about the Pro700Mk2, but I'm curious about the newer Pro500MK2s now ....  I heard that the bass is very profound in these headphones to the point that it's often suggested as a better alternative to the Beats by Dre headphones.  Does the bass ever overpower the mids ever or do they sound muddy on fast rock songs like the infamous Dres?

Jan 26, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #378 of 906

Quote:
I was asking about the Pro700Mk2, but I'm curious about the newer Pro500MK2s now ....  I heard that the bass is very profound in these headphones to the point that it's often suggested as a better alternative to the Beats by Dre headphones.  Does the bass ever overpower the mids ever or do they sound muddy on fast rock songs like the infamous Dres?

I know you're not asking me but I'd like to help out :)
If you're referring to the solos then both the pro700mk2 and pro500mk2 are definitely better alternatives to them.If you're only listening on a portable music player with no amping like me then the studios don't sound too bad IMO but the pro700mk2 sounds slightly better.
So no matter what,beats are out of the question.

I'm no audiophile and I'm assuming you aren't too,so from an average music listener's stand-point I find the pro700mk2 quite enjoyable and the pro500mk2 should be too given the similar design and model number.

If you are an audiophile however..I'm not sure how accurate my post is so...sorry man.

Jan 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #379 of 906
Sennheiser HD 25-ii vs the pro700mk2?

I just want some opinions on which cans would fit best for what type of music. The LE version of pro700mk2 is just damm too sexy but I'm afraid it'll just have too much bass that ever other sound is being pushed all the way back making it fade into the background and only have thumping bass at my face. I would love a punchy bass rather than a overwhelmed bass that destroys the music clarity. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #380 of 906

Quote:
Sennheiser HD 25-ii vs the pro700mk2?
I just want some opinions on which cans would fit best for what type of music. The LE version of pro700mk2 is just damm too sexy but I'm afraid it'll just have too much bass that ever other sound is being pushed all the way back making it fade into the background and only have thumping bass at my face. I would love a punchy bass rather than a overwhelmed bass that destroys the music clarity. 

You listen on a high-end setup or just a portable music player?

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #382 of 906

Quote:
^ Cowon j3 with and without Fiio E11 sometimes.

If it's just a music player then for the average consumer the pro700mk2 is great.The bass is emphasized but doesn't push the mids and high to the background by any means and the music is still clear.Not sure how the sennheiser hd 25 sounds since I never tried it.

I'm no audiophile so take my words with a pinch of salt.Stick around,maybe a true hardcore audiophile would tell you different.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #383 of 906

Quote:
I know you're not asking me but I'd like to help out :)
If you're referring to the solos then both the pro700mk2 and pro500mk2 are definitely better alternatives to them.If you're only listening on a portable music player with no amping like me then the studios don't sound too bad IMO but the pro700mk2 sounds slightly better.
So no matter what,beats are out of the question.

I'm no audiophile and I'm assuming you aren't too,so from an average music listener's stand-point I find the pro700mk2 quite enjoyable and the pro500mk2 should be too given the similar design and model number.

If you are an audiophile however..I'm not sure how accurate my post is so...sorry man.

Thanks for the response!  I'm thinking of purchasing a pair to use straight out of my iPod.  Just curious, does the headphone take any cable or does it have to be made specifically for the Proo700mk2?  I only ask because I read a different review and it said that it only takes the cables made by Audio Technica.

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #384 of 906
JUST ordered a pair of 700MK2s yesterday...and today I see these beautiful 500's.  

Do you happen to know if the 500MK2s are supra-aural or circumaural?  It looks more padded, deeper, yet smaller in that profile pic of the Asian chap's head.   And I can't find reviews on it anywhere, but I want :X.

Worth a return?  Hmm...

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #385 of 906

Quote:
JUST ordered a pair of 700MK2s yesterday...and today I see these beautiful 500's.  

Do you happen to know if the 500MK2s are supra-aural or circumaural?  It looks more padded, deeper, yet smaller in that profile pic of the Asian chap's head.   And I can't find reviews on it anywhere, but I want :X.

Worth a return?  Hmm...

The 500s should just roughly be an on-ear version of the 700s.Slightly cheaper,closed-back,more or less similar to the 700s.Haven't seen any reviews on it though

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #386 of 906

Quote:
Thanks for the response!  I'm thinking of purchasing a pair to use straight out of my iPod.  Just curious, does the headphone take any cable or does it have to be made specifically for the Proo700mk2?  I only ask because I read a different review and it said that it only takes the cables made by Audio Technica.

Yes the detachable cable has to be an audio technica one cuz the jack that goes into the headphones needs to be screwed in,so unless you can find a cable that can fit,you're stuck with AT ones

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #387 of 906

Quote:
The 500s should just roughly be an on-ear version of the 700s.Slightly cheaper,closed-back,more or less similar to the 700s.Haven't seen any reviews on it though

Earlier, someone posted a link to a Japanese review.  Using Google Chrome's translator, it seems they made the 500s a little more balanced compared to the 700s.

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #389 of 906
(image missing)

Yup fellas, they are definitely on-ears.  I just copied this from another site.  The user said they clamp hard and his ears were hurting.  Curious to see if M50 pads will fit and if sound/comfort improves over stock pads.

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #390 of 906

Quote:
Yes the detachable cable has to be an audio technica one cuz the jack that goes into the headphones needs to be screwed in,so unless you can find a cable that can fit,you're stuck with AT ones

Are you sure?  I hate to use this example, but my friend has the Beats Pro which has a twist and lock cable as well, and his Beats Studio wires work with them.  I'm not sure if this would be the same with AT.  I would love to make my headphones look a bit livelier than an all black wire haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back