Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
Feb 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #391 of 906
I have tried alternate cables with my Pro700MK2, and it doesn't work. The stock cable needs to be fully screwed in in order to make a full stereo connection. If you use another cable the signal is mono/one channel ONLY.

I wanted to use a cable with a click button to use with my Android phone,  iPod classic, and iPad. No such luck,...bummer!!! 
angry_face.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #392 of 906

Quote:
I have tried alternate cables with my Pro700MK2, and it doesn't work. The stock cable needs to be fully screwed in in order to make a full stereo connection. If you use another cable the signal is mono/one channel ONLY.

I wanted to use a cable with a click button to use with my Android phone,  iPod classic, and iPad. No such luck,...bummer!!! 
angry_face.gif

Aw 
confused_face.gif
 That's a deal breaker for me.  Thank you for answering!

Feb 5, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #393 of 906

Quote:

Are you sure?  I hate to use this example, but my friend has the Beats Pro which has a twist and lock cable as well, and his Beats Studio wires work with them.  I'm not sure if this would be the same with AT.  I would love to make my headphones look a bit livelier than an all black wire haha

The twist and lock in the pros is just that,twist a bit and it's locked.The jack is already secure once you insert it and the twist lock just prevents the cord from being pulled out accidentally while in the pro700mk2,the jack is not securely inserted until it is fully screwed in.

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #394 of 906
I'm selling my pro700mk2's, or trading,...price is negotiable. Link is in my signature.

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #395 of 906
Newcomer here have read the reviews and have been so confused what to get. I currently have Sennheisers HD202 and they were ok for $59 but want some better and more bassy headphones for DNB & Dubstep (skrillex type stuff). I have taken the plunge and bought the PRO700MK2 for $180 from gadgetbliss on ebay Aus. Hoping i have made a good choice and that they are also Genuine Audio Technica.
I use a AlienwareM18x connected to a nuforce uDac2HP currently but can someone also recommend a portable HP amp that will pair well with these cans? This is one great site and thankyou to everyone for helping newcomers like me.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #396 of 906
What. Why is the price now around $200?
They were $150 and then a few hours later when I went to buy them, they were $175. And now they're $200. Fail.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #398 of 906

Quote:
Newcomer here have read the reviews and have been so confused what to get. I currently have Sennheisers HD202 and they were ok for $59 but want some better and more bassy headphones for DNB & Dubstep (skrillex type stuff). I have taken the plunge and bought the PRO700MK2 for $180 from gadgetbliss on ebay Aus. Hoping i have made a good choice and that they are also Genuine Audio Technica.
I use a AlienwareM18x connected to a nuforce uDac2HP currently but can someone also recommend a portable HP amp that will pair well with these cans? This is one great site and thankyou to everyone for helping newcomers like me.

Any Cmoy, I actually have the JDS Labs one and my new baby from Australia - the rechargeable one that comes in a Eclipse mint tin.  They are both sick with the MK2's and the VModa series.

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #399 of 906

Quote:
Any Cmoy, I actually have the JDS Labs one and my new baby from Australia - the rechargeable one that comes in a Eclipse mint tin.  They are both sick with the MK2's and the VModa series.

I find the smoother, warmer signature of the cMoyBB not really suited for the already somewhat-stony Pro700. A livelier amp like the PA2V2 or the E11 would help increase the speed a little, with the latter having an option to, y'know, get moar bass on top of the Pro700's moar bass.

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #400 of 906
I might get the E11 as it looks like a good unit and easily attainable in AUS. I got some m50 pads but will also get the dt250 pads. Is it better to get a USB Dac or is the Lineout on a Iphone4 ok to a HP amp(e11) also is how does the e11 compare to the e7? my 700mk2 should be here on Monday so will report.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #401 of 906
To those who it may concern, I'm sold on getting the Pro500MK2's (black, red isn't my thing) on my tax return any week now.  I will order from a highly rated Japanese seller on Ebay and will post comparisons/contrasts to the 700MK2's.  I will start a new thread but will also add to this one with the details.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #402 of 906

Quote:
To those who it may concern, I'm sold on getting the Pro500MK2's (black, red isn't my thing) on my tax return any week now.  I will order from a highly rated Japanese seller on Ebay and will post comparisons/contrasts to the 700MK2's.  I will start a new thread but will also add to this one with the details.

Nice! Looking forward to it.

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #403 of 906

Quote:

Awesome!

Feb 14, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #404 of 906
Just got my 700mk2 and I really like them so far even with stock pads. Will put on m50 pads soon and compare sound. I had a listen to beats studios ($599au omg) at JbHifi the other day and these 700mk2 cans kill them!!!
I want to make sure mine are genuine which I am 99% sure they are. What can I check on them?

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #405 of 906

Quote:
Just got my 700mk2 and I really like them so far even with stock pads. Will put on m50 pads soon and compare sound. I had a listen to beats studios ($599au omg) at JbHifi the other day and these 700mk2 cans kill them!!!
I want to make sure mine are genuine which I am 99% sure they are. What can I check on them?
Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

I personally wouldn't have a clue to see if they're genuine, maybe just the general look and feel, but at least you're happy with them!
I also might have to eat my words on getting the 500MK2's fellas.  I apologize, I just got the Monoprice 8320's and they are comfortable, durable, and sound great!  I'm putting some cookin' time on them now to see if they become even more dynamic and better at instrument separation.  These might be my portable phones for good, which leaves me plenty of funds leftover for something upper-end for home.

9 bucks with shipping for the 8320's - I'm getting a back-up pair. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back