Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #348 of 906
53mm drivers.. Believe it or not these can actually be an improvement over the pro700Mk2s. Just because the number scheme is lower doesn't mean much with Audio Technica. I have seen them release newer stuff that is supposed to be a lower end only to be a higher end. This very well could be the case. These sell for $160 new on audiocubes. I am interested to see a review of these.

These are based on their DJ line so these will have better highs and mids me thinks. http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=3104  They look like they have thicker pads too.

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #350 of 906
I was just about to purchase the Pro700MK2 yesterday, but decided to research them an extra day just to be 100% sure. The price increased $20 from yesterday from $150 to $170.
confused_face.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #352 of 906

Quote:
I was just about to purchase the Pro700MK2 yesterday, but decided to research them an extra day just to be 100% sure. The price increased $20 from yesterday from $150 to $170.
confused_face.gif

this happened to me when i was gonna order my hd650's. But my price went from 350 to 500!!!!! 20 bucks isnt much, just go for it.

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #353 of 906

Quote:
How well do the dt250 pads fit on these cans?

I was thinking of this also since someone had put these on their m50's and said that they were a tight fit. Since i tried putting m50 pads on my pro700's i saw that they were a little loose, so my wheel started spinning and wondering if the dt250 velour pads will fit. I guess were gonna have to buy a pair and try them out. Im gonna do it.

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #354 of 906

Quote:
These are based on their DJ line so these will have better highs and mids me thinks. http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=3104  They look like they have thicker pads too.

Yea it says the cups are a new design here http://audio-technica.com.au/products/djpro-audio/pro500/ So I'm guessing the pads also are different. Appearently it's still at least bassheavy as expected, a user commented the Beats bass as being overrated when he tried both headphones in Japan. :p

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #355 of 906
If any of you guys was considering getting the PRO700MK2. I have a real good feeling about these newer PRO500MK2s. They cost $160 new from Japan on Audiocubes. Might be a good alternative. Maybe even better, anyone gonna step up for the team??. I bought my A900X from them. These are my favorite cans by the way as if you guys can't tell.

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #356 of 906

Quote:
If any of you guys was considering getting the PRO700MK2. I have a real good feeling about these newer PRO500MK2s. They cost $160 new from Japan on Audiocubes. Might be a good alternative. Maybe even better, anyone gonna step up for the team??. I bought my A900X from them. These are my favorite cans by the way as if you guys can't tell.

Hey D, did you write a review on those A900X's?  Those look sweet.  How do they fare with games and movies?  Is there tons of bass?

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #357 of 906
Oh man let me tell you. You guys know I have the Denon D2000 which are great in their own right but these. Wow. I think these A900X are better value..Wide stage and one of the cleanest sounds I have ever heard on any headphones. It has something to do with these aluminum housing they are using.. Where these differ from the previous A900. More refinements including the bass area.  These aren't bass heavy phones but believe it or not very satisfactory. That was the one area I was concerned about going into this purchase..It is the overall sound that is amazing on these..The detail and clarity is amazing. Smoother sounding than my Denons and to me even more engaging.. I have nothing that sounds like these and that is why these are my favorites. Games and movies. SO precise and bass is perfect for the wide stage..Perfect for both imo. My best gaming cans by far even better than my Samson SR850s. Precision only these cans can produce..Moves are awesome as well.

I can sense my sound preference ever so changing. I love my bass don't get me wrong but I am starting to appreciate what proper mids and highs do with your solid bass lines even more so now a days.  Karl Why on this earth do you not listen to earphones. YOU too RPG. You guys have no idea. Seriously. There are earphones that cost $25 that beat the tard out of headphones in sound that cost $200-$300 easily. How do I know? Because I have been discovering them.

I know guys that stick to headphones just stick to headphones for whatever reasons. BUT. you guys are seriously missing out. I truly hope one of these days you guys will try one out. Heck I can suggest one now.  Try a Philips SHE3580 .. So what is so special about this $10 iem? How about sub bass that competes with your Pro700Mk2. You guys think I am kidding. Unfortunately I am not. Not only have substantial bass but has clean highs and forward mids.. Karl you should hear your hip hop with these..These will make you a convert. These are so comfy as they are some of the smallest earphones on the planet. They just slip into your ears with ease yet will give you a sound that will completely shock both you guys. These are $10 world wide.. Try one.!! That is an Order!! Don't give me this. Oh I hate anything in my ears..Man these feel like you stuck a small qtip in your ears seriously. I know RPGwizards sound preference. Dare I say you might be more shocked by these than anyone here. DO IT!!.

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #358 of 906
I avoid IEMs because I'm concerned that IEMs might damage my hearing faster as I listen to a lot of music/game per day. Another thing is fear of exposing myself to high volume which isn't entirely impossible when you use an amp & computers (with some motherboards u may even get a high pitched whine if it locks up for example, has happened maybe twice for me and I'm an overclocker so locking up has increased chance of happening for me) and computers u can never rely 100% that somehow the volume sliders might for some unexpected reason jump up higher than u wanted and then with IEMs stuffed into your earchannel... ouch... the thought of it gives me the shivers.

I've tried for example Koss Spark plugs so I know IEMs can produce lots of bass but yea I'm just not comfortable with using them and didn't like the feeling of it in the ear either. Besides when I was in the army and used those a lot I got an ear infection which I think I've only had once in my life before which could possibly be related as those eartips weren't quite fresh so to speak and had to clean them all the time and removed a lot of wax from my ears. xD

So therefore I gladly sacrifice some sound quality if it gives me piece of mind using headphones instead. Having said that I don't think I'm missing out on anything with M-Audio Q40 headphones. :p

Also I checked this review which has graphs that's measured on goldenears site, the mids doesn't look very forward there at least and the reviewer even pushed the mids quite a bit more forward with EQing http://www.head-fi.org/t/561951/philips-she3580-iem-review-10-giant-killers-er-4p-gathering-dust

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #359 of 906
I truly hope one of these days you will give these a try. Man clean your ears out more. I do on a daily basis. Its like flossing for your teeth, you just have to do it lol.  Maybe that is why you got a ear infection.  One of these days when you are on the go and you have your mp3 and need a nice comfy portable solution run out to your local electronics outlet and see if you can find one of these.

I have been using iems non stop as of late and I have never had issues with sound spikes or anything of the sort. I suppose a bad experience will leave a bad taste in your mouth but being a fellow music lover I hope one of these fine days you guys try these out. There are others that are better than these Philips of course but the reason why I chose this one is because they are so small. Easy on the ears. If you look at the shape it is very small but throw out a shockingly great sound from tiny drivers. It will throw you for a loop. One of these days. If your willing to give them a go..That is after you clean out your ears. lol! I have no doubts that you guys will be amazed.

Truth be told. Yes nothing replaces the full fidelity of full sized cans but dollar per dollar there are no fullsized headphones that will throw out the SQ of these little earphone for the same price. The sound I would equate to a good solid $150 headphone and in many cases out do them in sound quality. Seriously. And since you are the master of the eQ RPG. Earphones eq way better than full sized cans imo. Shockingly so actually. I kinda figured you had some type of bad experience with in ears..One of these days try one out. I encourage you to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back