Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread
Oct 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #168 of 787
Quote:
Can anyone please comment on the sound leakage of the ESW9, specially compared to the HD25?  I'm more concerned about noise getting out rather than outside noise coming in.

It does leak a bit but in a no major way. Obviously HD-25 performs better here but I don't really see it as a big of an issue. I use mine in office and it doesn't really disturb my colleagues at all.

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #170 of 787
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and got them anyways since I had wanted them for a while and at $200 I couldn't resist. By the way, is there any chance that Best Buy would sell fake ones?

Oct 24, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #171 of 787
Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and got them anyways since I had wanted them for a while and at $200 I couldn't resist. By the way, is there any chance that Best Buy would sell fake ones?

I would say that Best Buy selling fakes would be highly doubtful. Just parouse the thread and double check the box images and if they ARE difffent than Best Buy's box, you can ALWAYS call Audio-Technica to verify that Best Buy is selling the real deal, or ask the manager at the Best Buy to provide proof the ATH-ESW9 is a genuine Audio-Technica Product before purchase.

Oct 24, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #172 of 787
Oh, Question to all ESW9(a) fans: Have you seen the new ESW11LTD yet?? It looks alot like an "updated" ESW9 with a headband much more reminiscent of the EARSUIT ES10 with titanium earcup shells. Also (haven't investigated) but the look of the headband joints look different and may be more "solid" than those of the ESW9. However, your wallet will hate you for falling in a lovestruck trance and reaching for your credit card to buy them... they are a bit pricey compared to the ESW9...

I also found a current pricelisting on a recent Japanese site HERE for the newer Audio-Technica Lineup. Prices in Japanese Yen, so Google is your friend and or use a Currency Convertor page...

Oct 26, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #173 of 787
8126298823_3e8ca0cb11_c.jpg

New ESW9 owner checking in!

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #177 of 787
Just ordered some off of Amazon.com for $199.99. The price is amazing still after import tax/shipping compared to what I paid 5-6 years ago for them when importing them from Japan to the UK. Always loved the sound and cannot justify paying more money on the ESW11s when they arrive.

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #179 of 787
Ended up returning my ESW9's... they were nice and all, but I couldn't get used to them. They had way too much squeeze, even after trying to bend the headband. They were super uncomfortable. I tested the Grado 325is which I really liked so now I am thinking about going with the Grado RS1's..

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #180 of 787
New ATH-ESW9 owner here, I got them used and recabled with a Canare Starquad cable for a cool... 93 $! Obviously, this was a no-brainer and I pounced on this auction even though I didn't really need a portable. So far, I am very satisfied with their warm and euphonic sound, although I found that they sound better with the treble EQed up a little bit. I can definitely see myself using these headphones as my primary portable, well done Audio Technica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back