Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread
Jul 14, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #781 of 787
This a very warm but detailed headphone. Best on ear I ever heard.

Dec 1, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #783 of 787
Not so sure about ESW9a, As ESW9 owner, if you are looking technicalities and wide sound stage, ESW9 isn’t your choice.

If you are looking for intimate sound with round and warmth of Mahogany Wood that ESW9 uses, with light and nicely tailored leather headband, foldable design for portable carriages, a leather carrying case. ESW9 is a good pick. It somehow remind me of the sound of my old Sennheiser PX100 which is unfortunately deceased.

Dec 1, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #785 of 787
They were double that price way back. Very nice price. Not the widest soundstage by far but very warm.

Dec 3, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #786 of 787
They were double that price way back. Very nice price. Not the widest soundstage by far but very warm.
Correction - these were 5 times more costly when released.
I'd snap them for 115$ without a blink.

Not so sure about ESW9a, As ESW9 owner, if you are looking technicalities and wide sound stage, ESW9 isn’t your choice.

If you are looking for intimate sound with round and warmth of Mahogany Wood that ESW9 uses, with light and nicely tailored leather headband, foldable design for portable carriages, a leather carrying case. ESW9 is a good pick. It somehow remind me of the sound of my old Sennheiser PX100 which is unfortunately deceased.
ESW9 and EWS9a are the same headphones. A stands was made for us market.

Dec 3, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #787 of 787
I got mine for $250 so maybe before that they were more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back