Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC)
Sep 17, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #152 of 300
Quote:
Hello Everyone, 

I'm seriously considering getting a 5.32. 
beerchug.gif

Can someone tell me how long it usually takes Audio-GD to ship (assuming the equipment is in stock), and for you guys to receive in the US? 
blink.gif

Are there any custom's clearance issues? 
blink.gif

The reason I'm asking is because I'll be in the US soon and would like Audio-GD to ship the DAC to my hotel. 
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks! 
wink_face.gif

I just got the NFB-11.32,from the date it shipped from the HK facility to in my greedy hands in Boston,Ma was 7 days.......pretty damn good for a shipping charge of $31.50(US).......peter
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #154 of 300
I shipped my dac19 to a headfi'er at a hotel he was staying at, internationally.  Well I guess that doesn't count.

Why wouldn't it count?

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #155 of 300
Quote:
Hello Everyone, 

I'm seriously considering getting a 5.32. 
beerchug.gif

Can someone tell me how long it usually takes Audio-GD to ship (assuming the equipment is in stock), and for you guys to receive in the US? 
blink.gif

Are there any custom's clearance issues? 
blink.gif

The reason I'm asking is because I'll be in the US soon and would like Audio-GD to ship the DAC to my hotel. 
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks! 
wink_face.gif

Cara, que rolo! Pede para mandar para o Brasil mesmo! Vais pagar uma graninha a mais, mas não haverá o risco que você está pensando em correr. 

Aliás, esse DAC vale tanto a pena que você nem vai ligar para o imposto pago.

Abraços Brasileiros!

Sep 18, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #156 of 300
Hi,

Mais um brazuka por aqui.

My Audio-gd Reference 5.2 wil be sent today, at least I think so.

Rodzt,

I think in the same way, you should wait for it in Brazil. The shipping cost is with very salt, from Hong-Kong to Aracaju, by DHL, I paid 153.00 USD. Aracaju was considered Remote Area.

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #157 of 300
Hi,

Is there any review for this Ref 5.2?

i have hard times looking the review for this unit..
Please help

Thanks

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #158 of 300
Thanks, everyone! 
atsmile.gif

I'll wonder about the possibilities. I could also have it shipped to the company instead of the hotel. My main concern is not even about how long the shipment itself would take, but if there would be any customs issues between US/China. 
wink_face.gif

In Brazil we have different tax levels depending on the equipment's value. 
confused_face(1).gif

I did this before, my Compass was originally shipped to NYC, to a friend's place, but it was a cheaper gear than the 5.32. 
biggrin.gif

Fernando e Carlos

Obrigado! Já nos conhecemos de outros carnavais. :D

Abraços!

Rodrigo.RJ

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #161 of 300
In theory, that is correct 
normal_smile .gif
 But I am wondering how much better balanced is on this particular DAC? I am currently running it in SE configuration, connected via ACSS to C-2.1. Just wanted to know if anybody compared SE and balanced side-by-side, to see how important is upgrade to balanced amp.

Sep 22, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #162 of 300
In theory, that is correct 
normal_smile%20.gif
 But I am wondering how much better balanced is on this particular DAC? I am currently running it in SE configuration, connected via ACSS to C-2.1. Just wanted to know if anybody compared SE and balanced side-by-side, to see how important is upgrade to balanced amp.

For Ref 5 that I have Kingwa said all 4 chips perform fully regardless of what output you use.

Sep 23, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #165 of 300
Quote:
Singled ended yes, with my Auditor

Hum 

if i refer to the manual :

http://spl.info/fileadmin/user_upload/anleitungen/english/Auditor_2911_BA_E.pdf

"Input and output stages are electronically balanced" but you can plug unbalanced connection to Auditor , are you using RCA outpout from your REF 5 ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back