Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC)
Sep 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #136 of 300
Lol. I'm not planning to sell it just yet...

Really, the M-DAC is very good and with the future planned upgrades (MPAX PSU) I think it can only get better.
Not to mention it's pretty much "at home" in my system.  The feature set is ideal for my configuration (I actually use the digital out's - which is quite rare for a DAC to even have).
Only a true sonic upgrade would make it really worth me swapping the M-DAC out for something different (and then at what cost??).

As luck would have it the final version of WASAPI 3.0 was released for Foobar2000 this morning.  Installing this along with making a few other tweaks within Foobar has yeilded some subtle but meaningful improvements to the sound coming out of my PC.  A more "analog" sound would be the best way I can describe it.  Certainly more pleasing on my ears and a strong indication that I'm heading in the right direction in getting the best out of the gear I already have. 

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #137 of 300
Lol. I'm not planning to sell it just yet...

Really, the M-DAC is very good and with the future planned upgrades (MPAX PSU) I think it can only get better.
Not to mention it's pretty much "at home" in my system.  The feature set is ideal for my configuration (I actually use the digital out's - which is quite rare for a DAC to even have).
Only a true sonic upgrade would make it really worth me swapping the M-DAC out for something different (and then at what cost??).

As luck would have it the final version of WASAPI 3.0 was released for Foobar2000 this morning.  Installing this along with making a few other tweaks within Foobar has yeilded some subtle but meaningful improvements to the sound coming out of my PC.  A more "analog" sound would be the best way I can describe it.  Certainly more pleasing on my ears and a strong indication that I'm heading in the right direction in getting the best out of the gear I already have. 

Mdac + PSU when its released isn't so affordable any more, looking at internals I would rather get the Sabre balanced DAC from Audio GD that surfaces from time to time on their site.

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #138 of 300
the ref 5.2 and mac are in the same price range. has anyone compared them and found one to be superior?

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #139 of 300
Yes I'm interested in the reference 5.2 also.
I've been looking at the lite 83 too but it's to long for my rack.
I need a dac that's no more than 405mm width.
I'M LOOKING TO UPGRAE FROM MY CYRUS AUDIO DACX+ WITH EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #140 of 300
Quote:
Yes I'm interested in the reference 5.2 also.
I've been looking at the lite 83 too but it's to long for my rack.
I need a dac that's no more than 405mm width.
I'M LOOKING TO UPGRAE FROM MY CYRUS AUDIO DACX+ WITH EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY

I would be interested in any comparison with your Cyrus if you do purchase the Ref 5.2.

I have the Cyrus CD8se which I currently use as a transport to my Audio-gd NFB-7.
The NFB is a level above the Cyrus and the Ref 5.2 is a level lower than the NFB-7 so it would be a very interesting match up although I suspect the sound from theRef 5.2 and your Cyrus would be totally different.

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #141 of 300
Food for thought....
I just got a realy good price on a New Lite dac 83  £835 delivered.
Becoming very tempting.
I no it's probably not the be all and end all but the thing thats holding me back is specs.
My cyrus offboard power supply is a wopping 300va.
it's like using a big old smooth battery in between the dac and the power source.
But how much do power supplies impact on the units?

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #143 of 300
In OSX it can playback 384K files from the test but the transfer sampling still on 192K .
The current DA chips can't support 384K sampling.
We only test the 384KHz sampling with the TI PCM5102 .
But we have not plan to design the DAC with PCM5102.

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #144 of 300
Quote:
in the ref 5. (ref 5.32 actually)

5.2 already discontinued and a new version is on the market? I am starting to be stressed 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #148 of 300
Hello Everyone, 

I'm seriously considering getting a 5.32. 
beerchug.gif

Can someone tell me how long it usually takes Audio-GD to ship (assuming the equipment is in stock), and for you guys to receive in the US? 
blink.gif

Are there any custom's clearance issues? 
blink.gif

The reason I'm asking is because I'll be in the US soon and would like Audio-GD to ship the DAC to my hotel. 
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks! 
wink_face.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #149 of 300
Hmm don't you have to have a permanent address for something to be shipped internationally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back