Audio-Gd R-28 impressions thread
Jun 28, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #136 of 1,677
Just saw this thread and went through all the pages! Can't believe I missed this!

This is true, although all the modes are still available via jumpers. I guess they had to leave something out! :p

Quick question. How cumbersome is this to do? This may be the only feature that may make me consider the stack over the 2-in-1, but I don't know how often I will be switching modes. I use the R2R 11 mainly for TV, movies, and games.

1) Unplug device (to avoid electrical shock)
2) Unscrew and pop up hood
3) Plug in jumpers according to their picture
4) (Reverse steps 2 & 1)

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #137 of 1,677
Just saw this thread and went through all the pages! Can't believe I missed this!

Quick question. How cumbersome is this to do? This may be the only feature that may make me consider the stack over the 2-in-1, but I don't know how often I will be switching modes. I use the R2R 11 mainly for TV, movies, and games.

1) Unplug device (to avoid electrical shock)
2) Unscrew and pop up hood
3) Plug in jumpers according to their picture
4) (Reverse steps 2 & 1)

That's it. Not much of a problem. A trick to pull the lid off is to first slide it a couple inches towards the back in order to get some grip underneath it.

Correction: forget the sliding trick. It only works with the biggest gears using the 44cm chassis.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #140 of 1,677
I'm finding my Hugo 2 to be a bit too clinical and have had audio gd products before and saw this on the site. The price looks great. I hope someone posts a review soon.

I'm guessing mine will arrive tomorrow, but it will take a few weeks to review for best results. If you're finding your Hugo 2 too clinical, try feeding it via a Schiit Wyrd.

Jul 1, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #141 of 1,677
I'm guessing mine will arrive tomorrow, but it will take a few weeks to review for best results. If you're finding your Hugo 2 too clinical, try feeding it via a Schiit Wyrd.
i´ll wait for your impression. if you have possibility, please try with an android source. i ask because my source is lg v30 with uapp

Jul 1, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #142 of 1,677

Thanks I'll buy one now. Good guess on your end that I was using USB too. I'm still interested in the R28. After selling an Audio-GD master amp and a dac to a friend, I've missed having it. But at the time I needed the desk space for work in my home office where I'm at most of the day. Now that I'm semi retired, I can move the printer downstairs to my girlfriend's home office and push the pc over and add some larger equipment again.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #143 of 1,677
i´ll wait for your impression. if you have possibility, please try with an android source. i ask because my source is lg v30 with uapp

I'll be using it with my home pc. It seems like a pain in the butt to use the wyrd, hugo 2, and my google pixel 2 XL with uapp in bed, but I can see if I can find the right usb c cable to try it.

Jul 1, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #145 of 1,677
I'll be using it with my home pc. It seems like a pain in the butt to use the wyrd, hugo 2, and my google pixel 2 XL with uapp in bed, but I can see if I can find the right usb c cable to try it.
really appreciated

Jul 2, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #146 of 1,677
I'm finding my Hugo 2 to be a bit too clinical and have had audio gd products before and saw this on the site. The price looks great. I hope someone posts a review soon.
What headphones are you pairing it with?

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #147 of 1,677
R-28 has arrived. Out of the box it is quite mellow and very listenable. I'm going to see how it sounds after a couple of weeks of being left switched on.

IMG_1168.jpg

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #149 of 1,677
That's an impossible question to answer, as it is part of the first batch, and so my experience wont match that of other people. For example, if they have them on hand already tested, or are completely out of stock, that will affect the time. I think the fasted people have received items has been in about 3-4 days after payment, depending on shipping method.

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #150 of 1,677
That's an impossible question to answer, as it is part of the first batch, and so my experience wont match that of other people. For example, if they have them on hand already tested, or are completely out of stock, that will affect the time. I think the fasted people have received items has been in about 3-4 days after payment, depending on shipping method.

Thank wait for your review on the products

Users who are viewing this thread

Back