Audio-Gd R-28 impressions thread
Jul 2, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #151 of 1,722
Concur. Also note that they have stated approx. 10 business day lead time for this particular model given the limited first production run. It may be that they are now in stock so the wait will be shorter but best to check directly with AGD.

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #152 of 1,722
Concur. Also note that they have stated approx. 10 business day lead time for this particular model given the limited first production run. It may be that they are now in stock so the wait will be shorter but best to check directly with AGD.

Oh i see so it around 2 weeks then thanks

Jul 3, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #156 of 1,722
NFB11.38 I just buy it and sell to my friend.

I hope this would be an upgrade though.

Really looking forward to hear a comparison of these two. I got the NFB11.38 and a Precision 3 power amp a few weeks ago to use with ELAC Unifi UB5 for a bedroom stereo. I'm really surprised how great this sounds. I've been using the NFB11.38 as a headphone amp and DAC with really impressive results. I've changed the filtering jumper to slow-rolloff minimum phase and it is really, really good. It's super detailed, enormous soundstage, and never fatiguing. I've used the internal amp as well as an Auralic Taurus MKII.

Since the R-28 is the new hotness, I'm really interested to try one for use with my office headphone setup. I like the Auralic Taurus MKII quite a lot so I'm not sure if I'd want to go back to an all in one like the R-28, or opt for one of the Audio-GD R2R DACs.

Jul 4, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #158 of 1,722
Is this new R-28 overkill for a Audeze LCD-2Cs?
I wouldn’t think so. LCDs scale very well with better gear. The advantage of the R-28 is that you can drive them either SE or balanced without compromising power. And LCDs love power!

Jul 4, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #159 of 1,722
You'll also be future proofing should you ever upgrade your headphones :)

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #160 of 1,722
You'll also be future proofing should you ever upgrade your headphones :)
Most probably not. Maybe a Fostex TH900(or any other flagship fostex available in that time) after few years.But I strongly believe LCD2cs will be my endgame. I love really great accurate bass that's the
same reason for considering LCD2Cs. But some say LCD2C won't reveal much details with high-end devices like R-28. Only very expensive headphones can have benefits from such gear.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #161 of 1,722
LCD's and Audio-gd amplification is a match made in heaven, at least according to my LCD2F, NFB11.32 and ears.

I think the R-28 will pair exceptionally well with the LCD2C, as it will with any low impedance Planar.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #162 of 1,722
Hey guy. I have a question
due to R-28

Did you know how much current it produce? (MA)

I not sure how to calculate from the spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back