Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jan 18, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #3,076 of 3,093
Hello everyone, i think i messed up with ViaDfuTool trying to update my n28 and my pc cant see my DAC at all, its any way to fix that or physical repair its only options, what i should do

1642496672113.png

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #3,077 of 3,093
Hello everyone, i think i messed up with ViaDfuTool trying to update my n28 and my pc cant see my DAC at all, its any way to fix that or physical repair its only options, what i should do
You could try disconnecting the USB cable, and then reboot your system, once the computer is fully loaded up re-plug the USB cable back in, and see if Windows picks it up.

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #3,078 of 3,093
You could try disconnecting the USB cable, and then reboot your system, once the computer is fully loaded up re-plug the USB cable back in, and see if Windows picks it up.
No nothing works, someone told me i need thing called via vinyl and i cant buy it and i need to find official seller or write directly to audio dg, someone know official email of Audio dg or social media where i can tell them about my problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_10.png
    Screenshot_10.png
    649.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 24, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #3,079 of 3,093
No nothing works, someone told me i need thing called via vinyl and i cant buy it and i need to find official seller or write directly to audio dg, someone know official email of Audio dg or social media where i can tell them about my problem?
Do you mean Audio-gd?

Audio-gd

Feb 24, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #3,080 of 3,093
I mailed Kingwa yesterday to confirm that I had the "latest" or most suitable firmware for my unit, which is a NFB11.32 with upgraded 35W PSU and 2 x TCXO manufactured in February 2017.

The unit was delivered to the South African agents in March 2017 and I believe it must have been one of the last units supplied with VIA USB interface before the NFB11.28 with Amanero hit the market.

This is the correct firmware for the unit:

Untitledagd.jpg

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #3,081 of 3,093
Welp, I guess my NFB-15 is a mere paperweight now, as I can't use the optical interface with my new laptop.

None of the USB32 driver packages work for me on Windows 11. I'm also using the 0x0100ac11 model.

I emailed Kingwa about it and his response was literally "I have no idea what cause the issue". I tried some third party alternatives as a hail-mary, but nothing seems to work.

This will be my last Audio-gd purchase, for sure.

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #3,082 of 3,093
Welp, I guess my NFB-15 is a mere paperweight now, as I can't use the optical interface with my new laptop.

None of the USB32 driver packages work for me on Windows 11. I'm also using the 0x0100ac11 model.

I emailed Kingwa about it and his response was literally "I have no idea what cause the issue". I tried some third party alternatives as a hail-mary, but nothing seems to work.

This will be my last Audio-gd purchase, for sure.

There is kinda not enough info here so I'll throw out a few ideas

1. You could delete all the USB drivers for your device and reboot. It's likely Windows default USB driver will work with the unit.
2. You could buy a cheap USB -> S/PDIF box and connect your PC to the DAC that way. By the way, this is often a better solution from a sound quality point of view.

Aug 3, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #3,083 of 3,093
There is kinda not enough info here so I'll throw out a few ideas

1. You could delete all the USB drivers for your device and reboot. It's likely Windows default USB driver will work with the unit.
2. You could buy a cheap USB -> S/PDIF box and connect your PC to the DAC that way. By the way, this is often a better solution from a sound quality point of view.

Hi, thanks for the tips.

The issue is that Windows doesn't recognise the device, with or without installing the drivers. Either way, the Device Manager window looks like this (with the yellow warning icon next to the device) and installing the drivers manually just gives the message on the right (this is not my exact PC, but I'm away from my desk at the moment and had to borrow this screenshot):

ss-example.jpg

I think I'm going to have to go with a USB>optical converter to connect my laptop to the NFB-15, as you suggested.

I just need something with a USB input and a toslink or coaxial output, is that right? Also, is there much difference between the two?

final.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #3,084 of 3,093
Hi, thanks for the tips.

The issue is that Windows doesn't recognise the device, with or without installing the drivers. Either way, the Device Manager window looks like this (with the yellow warning icon next to the device) and installing the drivers manually just gives the message on the right (this is not my exact PC, but I'm away from my desk at the moment and had to borrow this screenshot):

ss-example.jpg

I think I'm going to have to go with a USB>optical converter to connect my laptop to the NFB-15, as you suggested.

I just need something with a USB input and a toslink or coaxial output, is that right? Also, is there much difference between the two?

final.jpg
Maybe @sajunky has some advice for the driver issue. He helped somebody in a topping thread recently.

Yes, these kinds of boxes can help. S/PDIF optical has more jitter but is free of electrical noise. The standard specifies up to 24 bit, 96 KHz but some modern gear does better.

S/PDIF coaxial is rated up to 24 bit, 192 KHz and has less jitter than optical, but it can carry electrical noise. So let your ears decide which is better.

By the way, that box in the picture says DAC but that does not make sense. Something like this has been recommended by most people here who tried it

https://doukaudio.com/collections/d...x-opt-hdmi-converter-digital-interface-dsd256

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #3,085 of 3,093
Maybe @sajunky has some advice for the driver issue. He helped somebody in a topping thread recently.

By the way, that box in the picture says DAC but that does not make sense. Something like this has been recommended by most people here who tried it

https://doukaudio.com/collections/d...x-opt-hdmi-converter-digital-interface-dsd256
Great, thanks for the tip. I'll send him a message.

About the device above, I supposed it is marketed as a DAC because it comes with headphone/RCA output on the front? I'm assuming that it would still work as a signal pass-through from PC to DAC, but can't be certain.

That Douk audio unit looks like just the thing, as I don't need the analogue outs. They even do a mini version, which looks even better for my purposes, so I'll probably get that if/when I give up on the USB drivers.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #3,086 of 3,093
About the device above, I supposed it is marketed as a DAC because it comes with headphone/RCA output on the front? I'm assuming that it would still work as a signal pass-through from PC to DAC, but can't be certain.

Oh, either I didn't see the picture of the front or I missed it. Yeah, if it has analog out then it's also a DAC.

They even do a mini version[/URL], which looks even better, so I'll probably get that if/when I give up on the USB drivers.

I didn't see that one, nice catch. I would say to compare prices and specs. The larger one does DSD and has IIS output which are nice features if you upgrade your DAC. Not sure what the max. sample rates and bit depth are on the small one.

Good luck :)

Aug 3, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #3,087 of 3,093
Great, thanks for the tip. I'll send him a message.

That Douk audio unit looks like just the thing, as I don't need the analogue outs. They even do a mini version, which looks even better for my purposes, so I'll probably get that if/when I give up on the USB drivers.

Thanks again.
I don't know what is inside a box of this DAC/converter combo box, it could be some obsolete interface chip. Microsoft is constantly modifying driver stack, it could be the same story as with support for your VIA receiver. Win11 is only 64-bit, it require signed drivers, certification could expire, etc, etc.

I suggest first uninstall drivers, but do it as follows:
- disconnect USB cable from a DAC
- find VIA sound drivers in Control Panel (not in Device Manager) and double click to uninstall
- restart Windows
- plug in USB cable and look in Device Manager whether a device is recognised. If it does, it means that VIA is UAC 2.0 compatible, it should play music.

If it shows a question mark, disconnect USB cable (it is important step) and install VIA drivers. Re-connect USB cable only if asked to do so or after installator complete a job.

If doesn't work, then a Douk Audio U2Pro should solve a problem using a popular XMOS chip, follow this link. I suggest Pro against mini version, as it has a transformer on Coax port, mini version does not. On my U2pro I get better SQ on Coax than optical, it is worth extra $10. It goes up to192kHz, mini version is specified up to 96kHz. It also plays DSD64 in DoP. There are sellers offering upgraded oscilators. It would be a significant upgrade for your NFB-15!

On Windows11 U2Pro works with internal UAC 2.0 drivers, the same as a newer Amanero module from Audio GD. You only need to install vendor supplied drivers if using ASIO.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #3,088 of 3,093

If it shows a question mark, disconnect USB cable (it is important step) and install VIA drivers. Re-connect USB cable only if asked to do so or after installator complete a job.

Thank you for the advice. I'm giving it one last shot following these specific steps, but I just want to double check something - in the stage above, you specify installing the VIA driver. Does that refer to the official USB driver package installer from Audio-gd, that looks like this:

driver.jpg

or should I try to manually install the .inf file below via Device Manager? (The question mark persisted, so I guess this device is not UAC 2.0 compatible)

driver3.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #3,089 of 3,093
These are ASIO drivers, I don't know whether the main VIA driver is a separate installation or is included in this package. ASIO drivers require a main vendor supplied driver to operate correctly.

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #3,090 of 3,093
These are ASIO drivers, I don't know whether the main VIA driver is a separate installation or is included in this package. ASIO drivers require a main vendor supplied driver to operate correctly.

I'm pretty sure that Audio-gd bundle their ASIO and VIA drivers together, given their driver installation instructions #1-5 at the link below (scroll down the page):

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back