Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Mar 6, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #3,046 of 3,093
ASIO is better than WASAPI. Kinda incredible to suggest otherwise.
Nonsense.

ASIO was designed for multitrack studio recording purposes. Not for stereo playback.
For that it serves no purpose and has no advantages over Wasapi exclusive mode.
On the contrary, bad ASIO drivers often cause issues that can be avoided by using Wasapi.

Mar 6, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #3,047 of 3,093
Nonsense.

ASIO was designed for multitrack studio recording purposes. Not for stereo playback.
For that it serves no purpose and has no advantages over Wasapi exclusive mode.
On the contrary, bad ASIO drivers often cause issues that can be avoided by using Wasapi.
Like you said, nonsense :D

ASIO was designed by a guy who has a track record in audio, unlike the same old same old broken Windows junk that went into WASAPI.

Mar 6, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #3,049 of 3,093
'The guy that designed ASIO' was probably part of a team at Steinberg.
And their instructions and mission was to create something to handle multitrack audio for studio recording- and processing- purposes with the least amount of latency.

Wasapi is designed for, and perfectly capable of playing audio bit-perfect.
And that is all that you need for 'audiophile' playback. Nothing more.

ASIO doesn't and can't improve on that in any way possible.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #3,051 of 3,093
Like you said, nonsense :D

ASIO was designed by a guy who has a track record in audio, unlike the same old same old broken Windows junk that went into WASAPI.

Just a quote:
Please note that this component is meant for systems where ASIO is the only available output method. It is highly recommended to use the default output modes instead of ASIO. Contrary to popular "audiophile" claims, there are NO benefits from using ASIO as far as music playback quality is concerned, while bugs in ASIO drivers may severely degrade the performance.
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_asio

There are more sources.

But a good thing we have your empty claims. You don't even seem to comprehend what ASIO is and what it was set out to do.
I'm not going to say more about it as you're obviously trolling about it..

Jul 3, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #3,052 of 3,093
Just dusted the cobwebs off my NFB-11.32 and started using it again for the first time in about 5-6 years. This thing still sounds beautiful, especially through some DT-770 Pro 32-Ohm headphones, which are super easy to drive. Still a great buy all these years later, even if it was preowned.

Aug 20, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #3,053 of 3,093
So I've tried everything over the years but the usb is just un fixable it seems on my 2015 nfb-11 in WASAPI (randomly skips). AISO seems fine but to me does not sound the same as well as the optical. I recently got the zen dac stack to see if it could replace my issued unit on my desk and I found it to sound harsh and to flat to my liking. What I want to know is if the nfb-11.28 or .32 sound similar to the older normal 11 and if it still has any odd USB issues as well if I were to get one what upgrades are worth it on the site. I also enjoy my Burson Play with all V5 bursons in it. I'm looking to spend $400-500 for a dac/amp unit or stack. jriver is my player of choice if any of that matters.

Aug 20, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #3,054 of 3,093
Are you sure you're using the right driver? Which player are you using? Which firmware version are you on?

The inconsistency of the builds drove me nuts with the NFB-11.32. Depending on when yours was manufactured, you needed to install a specific firmware version and USB driver.

Aug 20, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #3,055 of 3,093
Are you sure you're using the right driver? Which player are you using? Which firmware version are you on?

The inconsistency of the builds drove me nuts with the NFB-11.32. Depending on when yours was manufactured, you needed to install a specific firmware version and USB driver.
I'm using the http://www.audio-gd.com/Audio-gdUSB32driverversion2.rar from this page http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm and I have the one that has a mute switch swap on the back of the unit and I use the mode that does not make pops on stop etc but it makes no difference other then that noise. It also seems to be only on the WASAPI it will randomly cut out or eat it. BUT on WASAPI vs OPTICAL, AISO I just did ab testing with jriver syncing same output to both the Optical and USB in and basically idk what it is doing inside but the USB has a slightly wider soundstage that I prefer so all things just image better for me. I don't believe my device has firmware to swap or update either. I also made the nfb-11 rca out to the Zen CAN and it is the dac it self in it I love and the amp part as well as it still had more punch then the CAN did so its the whole nfb-11 chain that I'm fond of I guess. VS the CAN it seems the 11 has more low end extension and wider stage in general on its amp segment.

EDIT: I also have the TCXO upgrade on mine if that matters. EDIT2: Both of my DAC/AMPS I really like iv noticed have the same Sabre ES9018 in them. the Zen uses the Bur Brown chips perhaps I just prefer saber chips who knows.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #3,056 of 3,093
I'm using the http://www.audio-gd.com/Audio-gdUSB32driverversion2.rar from this page http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm and I have the one that has a mute switch swap on the back of the unit and I use the mode that does not make pops on stop etc but it makes no difference other then that noise. It also seems to be only on the WASAPI it will randomly cut out or eat it. BUT on WASAPI vs OPTICAL, AISO I just did ab testing with jriver syncing same output to both the Optical and USB in and basically idk what it is doing inside but the USB has a slightly wider soundstage that I prefer so all things just image better for me. I don't believe my device has firmware to swap or update either. I also made the nfb-11 rca out to the Zen CAN and it is the dac it self in it I love and the amp part as well as it still had more punch then the CAN did so its the whole nfb-11 chain that I'm fond of I guess. VS the CAN it seems the 11 has more low end extension and wider stage in general on its amp segment.

EDIT: I also have the TCXO upgrade on mine if that matters. EDIT2: Both of my DAC/AMPS I really like iv noticed have the same Sabre ES9018 in them. the Zen uses the Bur Brown chips perhaps I just prefer saber chips who knows.
Go here:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Audio-gdUSB32FWversion2.rar

Launch the ViaDfuTool. Which subversion are you running?
1629502691924.png

The full details can be found here:
http://www.audio-gd.com/pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN_2.htm

Aug 20, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #3,057 of 3,093

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-20 191632.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-20 191632.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 0
Aug 20, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #3,058 of 3,093
Aug 20, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #3,059 of 3,093
This is what I got, but it's not on that list. Does it fit into one of those categories? Thanks for the help so far.
I just noticed your signature says you have the NFB-11. You know that's not the same as the NBF-11.32, right?

Aug 20, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #3,060 of 3,093
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back