Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Aug 20, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #3,061 of 3,093
Aug 20, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #3,062 of 3,093
You need to grab the driver from here:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm

It's a different driver package than the 11.32. Just not sure which of the two will work.
I'm already using version 2 of that as I should be, it just seems the driver it self is flawed. When in exclusive mode. Well darn I thought you had found a magical new driver for me to try lol. So I guess I'm back to wondering the differences of the 28 vs 32 version of this device. And if the amereno is any better driver wise.

Aug 20, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #3,063 of 3,093
I'm already using version 2 of that as I should be, it just seems the driver it self is flawed. When in exclusive mode. Well darn I thought you had found a magical new driver for me to try lol. So I guess I'm back to wondering the differences of the 28 vs 32 version of this device. And if the amereno is any better driver wise.
Any reason why you're using exclusive mode? I found issues when doing that. Other applications would try to hijack my audio.

Aug 20, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #3,064 of 3,093
Any reason why you're using exclusive mode? I found issues when doing that. Other applications would try to hijack my audio.
If your using an app with exclusive mode on that uses it then the other apps shouldn't be able to use audio. If you having apps that are taking control still your exclusive app doesn't seem very exclusive.

Aug 20, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #3,065 of 3,093
If your using an app with exclusive mode on that uses it then the other apps shouldn't be able to use audio. If you having apps that are taking control still your exclusive app doesn't seem very exclusive.
No... but I think I was having issues with it when I was using my web browser. Hangouts notifications would cause issues for me. When I game I also use Discord, so it would likely cause issues there too.

Aug 20, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #3,066 of 3,093
No... but I think I was having issues with it when I was using my web browser. Hangouts notifications would cause issues for me. When I game I also use Discord, so it would likely cause issues there too.
Oh maybe in that case. I just use exclusive in jriver when I want to listen to music and don't want to be bothered with other noises anyways. It's my only dac that has issues with that though. The Burson play, zen dac, and some other xmos dacs that are apart of portable devices all are fine in that mode.

Aug 22, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #3,067 of 3,093
Oh maybe in that case. I just use exclusive in jriver when I want to listen to music and don't want to be bothered with other noises anyways. It's my only dac that has issues with that though. The Burson play, zen dac, and some other xmos dacs that are apart of portable devices all are fine in that mode.
I suggest you to set Windows to use the optical interface as the default device for everything (including as communication device) and use the USB interface with JRiver only (either WASAPI or ASIO). If you are experiencing drops or stuttering, try a larger buffer in the device settings of JRiver.

Nov 28, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #3,068 of 3,093
I just received the NFB-11 the other day, I believe it's the 2015 model, what would be a good headphone to pair with it?
I've tried Grado Gs1000, modded Thieaudio Phantom, and a Music Master woodie closed planar, they sound ok, but the male vocals that are high pitched can get not really sibilant, but very metallic and sharp.

Dec 8, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #3,069 of 3,093
I just received the NFB-11 the other day, I believe it's the 2015 model, what would be a good headphone to pair with it?
I've tried Grado Gs1000, modded Thieaudio Phantom, and a Music Master woodie closed planar, they sound ok, but the male vocals that are high pitched can get not really sibilant, but very metallic and sharp.
Budget for headphones?

Dec 8, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #3,070 of 3,093
Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #3,071 of 3,093
First off all both Amanero and Audio-GD software/driver communication are lacking.
SMSL is not much better with their Xmos driver. For product X SMSL does list the latest Xmos driver on their website and for product Y they list an older version (product Y is also 100% compatible with the latest driver)

That being said I'm certain you will not notice any difference between 1.062 and 1.067

ASIO is not really an issue as you should not use ASIO anyway, use WASAPI exclusive.
Only use ASIO as last resort when nothing else is available, which is almost never the case in regular home use.
Wasapi unfortunately only supports up to DSD 128 and cannot play DSD256 or higher, and it must be via DoP. ASIO is the only way to play any DSD file that's 256 or 512.

Jan 11, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #3,072 of 3,093
I suggest you to set Windows to use the optical interface as the default device for everything (including as communication device) and use the USB interface with JRiver only (either WASAPI or ASIO). If you are experiencing drops or stuttering, try a larger buffer in the device settings of JRiver.
When I use Jriver, I constantly have "weird" sound when playing DSD via ASIO (bitstream DSD). When Wasapi with DoP is used, no weird sound but it only supports up to DSD126. I don't think it's an issue of buffer, tried that before and it doesn't work.

So far, only foobar 2000 with DSD: ASIO using v0.9.2 SCAD plugin works with native DSD up to 256.

Maybe I shall try the latest firmware on USB, hope it matters.

Jan 11, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #3,073 of 3,093
Well, that is what I thought about the Gs1000 when I tried it with a much more expensive amp.
I had the NFB-11 a couple of years paired with the AKG K7xx (still have it), loved the couple with my music, especially the zero fatigue.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #3,075 of 3,093
My NFB-11 hates my Grado cans, the highs hurt my ears, at first I thought there was something broken, I hooked my Phillips up to it and it's a good match. I don't care for my NFB-11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back