Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread
Aug 24, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #181 of 199
Wait you're saying plug it into the front? I was thinking Those plugs in the back where for speakers or something. I have a speaker amp for the speakers, I just thought I would be nice to have it all in one so I would not have to have more on my desk, and to also not have to switch audio devices all the time. 

Sorry this is the first amp/dac I have had with plugs in the back like that and their site for their products is a little confusing being a Chinese site. 

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #182 of 199

I see now. I'm not super sure how well that would work out. I don't think the NFB-10SE has enough power for those. However, if you wanted, it wouldn't cost a whole lot to try.

1. Buy a pair of really cheap cable like this http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Audio-Cable-Splitter-1-Mini/dp/B00004Z5CP/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408903652&sr=8-2&keywords=3.5mm+to+rca
2. Plug the 3.5mm end into the headphone amplifier, and then strip off the RCA plugs, and attach bare wires to the speakers. 

You could also do this with a RCA to RCA cable plugged into the back of the unit, but I'm not sure if the preamp output is as powerful at the headphone amp.

Ok I will give it a go. What are all those plugs in the back made for if not for speakers hook ups?

Thanks for the idea !

cheers

Well, just a word of caution, I don't think that you'll really get enough power out of them to really power your speakers. 

There are 3 inputs:

1. USB
2. Coaxial
3. Optical

There are 3 outputs:
1. XLR (balanced) - Output to an external balanced headphone amplifier or speaker amplifier
2. RCA - Output to an external headphone amplifier or speaker amplifier
3. ACSS - Used for other Audio-GD Gear (amplifiers)

I would honestly suggest picking up a super cheap speaker amplifier. They won't cost a ton, or be super quality, but they'll give more power than this unit.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=speaker+amplifier

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #183 of 199

Well, just a word of caution, I don't think that you'll really get enough power out of them to really power your speakers. 

There are 3 inputs:

1. USB
2. Coaxial
3. Optical

There are 3 outputs:
1. XLR (balanced) - Output to an external balanced headphone amplifier or speaker amplifier
2. RCA - Output to an external headphone amplifier or speaker amplifier
3. ACSS - Used for other Audio-GD Gear (amplifiers)

I would honestly suggest picking up a super cheap speaker amplifier. They won't cost a ton, or be super quality, but they'll give more power than this unit.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=speaker+amplifier

Yea like I said I already have a speaker amp, I just wanted to know if it was possible for it to work well with the hp amp/dac to make things Simple and Clean. Thanks for the insight good sir!

cheers

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #185 of 199
Just a thought/question here if anyone still watches this thread. So, has anyone went up to the "acclaimed" reference 10.32 with the pcm chips 32 bit asynch and blah blah blah? Well i mean, went from the 10se to the ref 10.32? I have found, that i love my 10se, just would like to know if the ref 10,32 is a worthy upgrade or not.

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #186 of 199
  Just a thought/question here if anyone still watches this thread. So, has anyone went up to the "acclaimed" reference 10.32 with the pcm chips 32 bit asynch and blah blah blah? Well i mean, went from the 10se to the ref 10.32? I have found, that i love my 10se, just would like to know if the ref 10,32 is a worthy upgrade or not.

I had a NFB-10SE I purchased after owning my Reference 1. I was hoping for a side rig to go with my computers and really at that price point, it's a great bargain. IMO, comparing straight DAC to DAC my Ref1 was definitely better. "Worth it" is kind of hard to quantify though.

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #187 of 199
I have a question about Audio GD NFB-10.2:
Can a replace USB input(with newest USB-32 Chip ) to use DSD via USB (DoP)
Is there a new firmware with support DSD DoP?

I think it is possible because wm8742 did supports but is applicable to Audio GD NFB-10.2

Nov 18, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #188 of 199
yes, it is possible. All you need is to replace the populated pcb for USB.  you can get the updated pcb from Audio-gd.

I think it cost around 55 dollars.

Sam

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #189 of 199
Just bought a 10 SE used from the states,from the for sale section here, changed the power links from 110v to 220-240v, fired up, is working, with no input connected it is flashing 7HH 306,?, it came with no manual for use, I know this is old, but can anyone send me a pdf of how to set it up/ use it., or just give me a quick run down here

Cheers Chris

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #190 of 199
I do not think there is a manual anywhere.  When you power it on,  you press the volume button (either up or down) continuously for 5-10 second until the LED digital display stop flashing.  You are ready to go.

I hope it helps

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #192 of 199
  I miss my 10SE, who has one for sale?!

hehe chances are no, mine still runs like a champ! best $600 I've ever spent xD

also LIVE thread LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why did it die :[ 

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #193 of 199
  hehe chances are no, mine still runs like a champ! best $600 I've ever spent xD

also LIVE thread LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why did it die :[ 

I thought you had the 10ES though, or did you change up and switch from Sabre to the dark side? (Wolfson)

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #194 of 199

I thought you had the 10ES though, or did you change up and switch from Sabre to the dark side? (Wolfson)

Oh Dx yea that's the case then. I'm still with the Light an Bright ESS side!

Really though, I wanna jump to the PCM crowd >.> I hear they have special brownies! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back