Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread
Dec 12, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #166 of 199
My 10SE is coming in the mail and I was wondering if anyone had a manual in PDF I could have? Or possibly a link? My main concern is volume setting so as not to damage my phones, the different filter settings, and other important settings. Is it straight forward or literature would come handy?

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #167 of 199
Edit - deleted, as this isnt the amp I have. Sorry!

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #169 of 199
Got my 10SE, and I thought my d100 with the built-in amp was good. WOW! There's more resolution to the sound, delivery is more full and rich. Sorry for the non-audiophile jargon.

I'm still looking for a manual if anyone has it. NFB-10SE is the model. I think there are other variants but have different components with the same features that I can use as well. Can someone explain the filter switch from 1-9? What exactly does it do?

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #170 of 199
Dec 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #172 of 199
I'm still looking for a manual if anyone has it. NFB-10SE is the model. I think there are other variants but have different components with the same features that I can use as well. Can someone explain the filter switch from 1-9? What exactly does it do?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/581931/audio-gd-digital-filter-flavor-switch-for-nfb5-nfb9-nfb10se-nfb3-1
I use 3 myself.

Anyone know the output impedance on this?

I would email Kingwa as he hasn't updated his "discontinued products" page in a bit.

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #173 of 199
Come on lets revive this thread!
Just got a 10se and balanced cable for my he4,very impressed. Wondering if anyone's still really into these, I don't see a point in upgrading. But if anyones gained anything significant from a small upgrade on this, id like to hear from ya. Just basically, showing my appreciation for the 10se, thanks kingwa, you've done a great job.

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #175 of 199
+1 to below. I'm telling you Hemi, go to a Head-Fi meet and compare. You're there like Tim says and the HE4 is a great pairing.

You're there unless you want to go full on and spend a few grand more for a "15%" improvement. I owned this unit and loved it.

Aug 23, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #176 of 199
I was curious as to if anyone has hooked up speakers to this device. I have had mine for a while, and decided today I wanted to try and hook up a pair of spare speakers I have. There are a pair of passive speakers with basic taps for wiring. If possible, how would I go about doing so? I never really messed with the balanced taps for speakers before, so its all a bit new to me. 

cheers. 

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #177 of 199
  I was curious as to if anyone has hooked up speakers to this device. I have had mine for a while, and decided today I wanted to try and hook up a pair of spare speakers I have. There are a pair of passive speakers with basic taps for wiring. If possible, how would I go about doing so? I never really messed with the balanced taps for speakers before, so its all a bit new to me. 

cheers. 

Hey there! 

I'm a bit confused on what you mean by "hooking up". When I had this I ran it with XLRs to a pair of Active Swan speakers with 0 issues. 

Do you mean powering the speakers by using the NFB-10? That may work for really efficient speakers. What speakers do you have?

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #178 of 199

Hey there! 

I'm a bit confused on what you mean by "hooking up". When I had this I ran it with XLRs to a pair of Active Swan speakers with 0 issues. 

Do you mean powering the speakers by using the NFB-10? That may work for really efficient speakers. What speakers do you have?

Sorry for the confusing. What I mean is what kind of cable would I need to find to hook up the speakers from the amp/dac to something with bare speaker wires. 99% sure I would need to get one made. Just wondering if its possible to do it and have it work well. Have speakers that are ran by the same thing as my headphones would makes things much easier.

The speakers I'm talking about are just a pair of Audioengine P4. 

Aug 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #179 of 199

Sorry for the confusing. What I mean is what kind of cable would I need to find to hook up the speakers from the amp/dac to something with bare speaker wires. 99% sure I would need to get one made. Just wondering if its possible to do it and have it work well. Have speakers that are ran by the same thing as my headphones would makes things much easier.

The speakers I'm talking about are just a pair of Audioengine P4. 

I see now. I'm not super sure how well that would work out. I don't think the NFB-10SE has enough power for those. However, if you wanted, it wouldn't cost a whole lot to try.

1. Buy a pair of really cheap cable like this http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Audio-Cable-Splitter-1-Mini/dp/B00004Z5CP/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408903652&sr=8-2&keywords=3.5mm+to+rca
2. Plug the 3.5mm end into the headphone amplifier, and then strip off the RCA plugs, and attach bare wires to the speakers. 

You could also do this with a RCA to RCA cable plugged into the back of the unit, but I'm not sure if the preamp output is as powerful at the headphone amp.

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #180 of 199

I see now. I'm not super sure how well that would work out. I don't think the NFB-10SE has enough power for those. However, if you wanted, it wouldn't cost a whole lot to try.

1. Buy a pair of really cheap cable like this http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Audio-Cable-Splitter-1-Mini/dp/B00004Z5CP/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408903652&sr=8-2&keywords=3.5mm+to+rca
2. Plug the 3.5mm end into the headphone amplifier, and then strip off the RCA plugs, and attach bare wires to the speakers. 

You could also do this with a RCA to RCA cable plugged into the back of the unit, but I'm not sure if the preamp output is as powerful at the headphone amp.

Ok I will give it a go. What are all those plugs in the back made for if not for speakers hook ups?

Thanks for the idea !

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back