Audeze LCD2 vs Sennheiser HD800??
Aug 18, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #241 of 1,379
I get the impression he sells before the other arrives.  Makes comparisons harder for sure, but easier on the wallet :wink:

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #242 of 1,379

Quote:
I get the impression he sells before the other arrives.  Makes comparisons harder for sure, but easier on the wallet :wink:

heh. ye, i seem to not have read between the lines.  But that's quite a risky leap of faith step to sell a reference phone for another reference phone and prey that everything turns out alright.  Risky, but part of the game
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #243 of 1,379

Quote:
what made you want to sell the T1's? Did you feel they lacked in something? And if so, did the LCD-2 satisfy you in the fields where the T1's lacked in? Some very brief comparisons between them would be great since there's no T1 vs LCD2 threads around.

x2 
popcorn.gif

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #244 of 1,379
What amps are you guys (and gals?) using to drive this headphone?

I'm sure it's probably been covered in that ginormous thread, but when I see those kinds of numbers to the right of the screen (and I haven't kept up since Page 1), I see Mt. Everest and am fearful of the climb.

Thanks.

And to be perfectly honest, I posted this question after reading about 10 pages or so of this thread. 

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #245 of 1,379

Quote:
What amps are you guys (and gals?) using to drive this headphone?

I'm sure it's probably been covered in that ginormous thread, but when I see those kinds of numbers to the right of the screen (and I haven't kept up since Page 1), I see Mt. Everest and am fearful of the climb.

Thanks.

And to be perfectly honest, I posted this question after reading about 10 pages or so of this thread. 

Which headphone are you speaking of?  There are two in question in this topic.

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #246 of 1,379

Quote:
what made you want to sell the T1's? Did you feel they lacked in something? And if so, did the LCD-2 satisfy you in the fields where the T1's lacked in? Some very brief comparisons between them would be great since there's no T1 vs LCD2 threads around.

Sorry, but [size=medium]I sold the T1's sight unseen (or sound unheard) in anticipation of the LCD-2's, so I'm afraid I can't compare the two.  Maybe in the future I'll get a pair.  But the truth is I'm much more into the hd800's as a complement to the LCD2's than the T1's.[/size]

Aug 18, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #248 of 1,379
I use the GHP and the Head One... At a very early state I am slightly biased to the Head one for the LCD 2 and T1.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #249 of 1,379
I just want to say that the only two headphones I've heard that have presented background sound so realistic to me that it made me take them off to make sure that it wasn't coming from elsewhere in the house, like another room, have been the LCD-2 and the W5000. I'm not sure if this is a soundstage thing or what, and the fact that one is an open can while the other is closed makes this sensation more intriguing to me. Has anybody heard this from other headphones, like the HD800 or the T1?

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #250 of 1,379

Quote:
I just want to say that the only two headphones I've heard that have presented background sound so realistic to me that it made me take them off to make sure that it wasn't coming from elsewhere in the house, like another room, have been the LCD-2 and the W5000. I'm not sure if this is a soundstage thing or what, and the fact that one is an open can while the other is closed makes this sensation more intriguing to me. Has anybody heard this from other headphones, like the HD800 or the T1?

Happened to me with the HD800. I didn't take them off, but I quickly looked behind me, sure that the noise I'd just heard was coming from the other room. I listened to the same song after that and it happened again... for a second I thought I was going crazy.

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #251 of 1,379

Quote:

Its happened to me with the HD800 more times than I would actually like (its kind of creepy when it makes me think that someone is knocking my door). In fact there is a Coheed and Cambria song that everytime I hear it, without thinking beforehand that it is that song, it makes me turn to see if someone is knocking.

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #252 of 1,379
^ So it probably is a soundstage thing; I suspected that the HD800 might share this trait from the many reports of it vast soundstage capabilities.

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #253 of 1,379
Yes... I've experienced it with my WA3 and my HD650's / RS-1's when I had that amp.  I think it's more a function of the recording and the recording technology, than the amp and the phones.  It only occured with certain recordings.  And it does cause you to turn and look to the side, or behind you, and to remove your phones to see what caused the sound.

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #255 of 1,379
Haven't Sennhizer always been a veiled 12th row performance?
Every pair I have heard lacks fret noise,the slight buzz from reed noise in horns,brushes on a snare drum seem indistinct with Senns.They lack texture.
That's why people tolerate Grado's in your face treble.
Who measures headphones?
The only way I can think of would be to mic them into a scope,and create a graph from the data.
I guess that would have to be one flat microphone with no internal character of it's own...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back