Audeze LCD2 vs Sennheiser HD800??
Jun 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 1,379
I feel there is no real comparison, sonically.  The HD-800 sounds like a nice hi-fi headphone.  The LCD-2 sounds like real life.

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #5 of 1,379

Quote:
I feel there is no real comparison, sonically.  The HD-800 sounds like a nice hi-fi headphone.  The LCD-2 sounds like real life.

Thanks kwkarth that's what i wanted to hear! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 12, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #6 of 1,379
I heard both at RMAF.  The HD800 sounded more electronic less natural, there is a peak at about 3K that bugged me no matter what amp we played them on.  The LCD-2 sounds more like real music, very open detailed and unforced.  I think the LCD-2 are easier to drive too.

I have the LCD-2 now at home (as of today).

Jun 12, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #7 of 1,379

Quote:

Bad news. I was hoping I could finally close my wallet.

Jun 12, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #8 of 1,379
There will always be something on the horizon... LCD-3 will come we all know that just for one :D

Jun 12, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #9 of 1,379

Quote:

I completely agree with this post.  Well put.

Jun 12, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #11 of 1,379

Quote:
Long time lurker here. The LCD2 interests me but it looks big enough to swallow your head. Is it much larger than the HD800 or T1? 

Yes, it's big, no question, but it conforms well and the weight is well distributed, FWIW.

Jun 13, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #13 of 1,379
I hope a detailed analysis will be posted up soon.  I was about to fork out for a HD800 or T1 - but it looks like these things are the closest to the holy grail.  I read somewhere that the thing weighs like a brick on the head - a positive in my books.

Jun 13, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #14 of 1,379

Quote:
I hope a detailed analysis will be posted up soon.  I was about to fork out for a HD800 or T1 - but it looks like these things are the closest to the holy grail.  I read somewhere that the thing weighs like a brick on the head - a positive in my books.

You may think that, but wait until you try something that weighs that much....

Jun 13, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #15 of 1,379
From my relatively brief listen to the 800 it didn't gel with me at all, It sounded like it was lightweight, not much body and basically a nice, though bland phone. Comfort with the 800 was exceptional and better looking in the flesh than pics suggest. It was well extended at both ends but missed that 'certain something' and couldn't get me involved. The Audeze is completely opposite to that. Built like a tank, heavy and initially uncomfortable. The sound.. the sound! It is gloriously full bodied, very extended and very involving. They have a great way of sounding just right, natural and a much better window into the music. After just one day the comfort had gone from 'not very' to 'very good indeed'. The tight clamp is fixable with some careful headband bending, of course, be very careful if you do this, it only needs a little so it grips well instead of crushing your skull. Some have also complained about the adjustment ratchet, this too is easily adjustable with a small screwdriver to either make them adjust more firmly or even lock a position.

The new headband foam is also very good, exerting little pressure over the top, for my narrow head anyway. They are huge and the equally oversized pads help spread the load and I can now comfortably wear them for hours on end with no discomfort, even though you don't usually forget they're on your head. It's a lot of phone to try to ignore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back