Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Aug 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #1,186 of 6,385
Quote:
You're probably right, I've been reading through the posts, and most people reported increasing comfort as time went by.
Thanks, I'll let time solve the problem.

Bingo...plus a little headband stretching helps too.

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #1,187 of 6,385
Hope someone who had similar problems answer.
Thanks for the responses though.

Yes, all these responses I agree with. A little time, a little headband bending, and the glasses thing....well, I don't have a solution, I just don't wear them mostly while listening and close my eyes.

Overall more comfortable than the LCD-2 to begin with.

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #1,188 of 6,385
You gotta learn how to wear them so they don't hurt on the top of your head.  Just move the band back a few inches towards the back.  That did the trick for me.  As far as glasses go, I wear contacts or go blind since most of the time my eyes are closed anyway.  I don't think these work very well with glasses.

I wear glasses and no problem with fit issues. Ocassionly if I remove them to fast like to answer a phone call my glasses could get caught up.

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,190 of 6,385
I don't find them too bad post stretch but before... ouchies.  I literally use a dining room chair to stretch mine out every couple of weeks.  The top of the chair is and even curve, I plop the LCD-3 on it top down, hold the inside where the metal band ends and pull down to the chair.  Looks bad but totally harmless.  Truth be told, I'd love to find something with a deeper curve because it's still a little too much pressure.  On my last pair, the front of the pads compressed right to the wood.  At least with this method, the front is only a little crushed.  Top of the head, not much you can do there.

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #1,191 of 6,385
Where can I get this?

The foam headband is officially out of production I believe, but email Audeze anyway to see if they have any stock left.

If not, then your only chance would be to put a WTB ad out there and see if early LCD-2 users who upgraded from the foam headband to leather would be willing to part with them.

Audeze should put them back into production IMO. Yes, it looks ugly and was complained about a lot early on, but they're a much more comfortable option for many LCD-2/3 users out there.

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #1,195 of 6,385
So LCD3 + audiogd master 8 or rx mk3 b+ against O2 mk1 and GES :) against hbpa-2 or gs-x + HD800??

your opinions please

for electronic music listening + production + mixing + mastering
and acoustic music listening

will be paired with Lynx Hilo and/or audio gd Master 7

or should i move to SR-009 and be done with it :)

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #1,199 of 6,385
for electronic music listening + production + mixing + mastering
and acoustic music listening

I think you need 2 headphones.
For mixing maybe something 'flattish' like K702 and for your audiophilic 'business' you are free to chose your own coloring :) I mean a slight emphasize to a particular qualities.
HD800 is flat, but I guess a little to expensive for production work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back