Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
May 9, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #5,476 of 6,385
I never said anything about sibilance. I said they’re the brightest in the LCD line and they are.
I also think the XC is right up there in brightness, definitely thinner sounding.

May 9, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #5,478 of 6,385
Yes I’d agree with that as well. I found the LCD3-FAZOR sounded brighter than the X.

Ha.....that might be the one for me then! JK I found the 3 to be very “thick” sounding more than anything, too much so. Most people say would say lush sounding. I do want to listen to them again since I know as with any Audeze can there is a high variability of tonal balances even with the same model.

May 9, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #5,479 of 6,385
Ha.....that might be the one for me then! JK I found the 3 to be very “thick” sounding more than anything, too much so. Most people say would say lush sounding. I do want to listen to them again since I know as with any Audeze can there is a high variability of tonal balances even with the same model.

But there’s a big difference in the upper mids between the X and 3. The 3 has a pretty big upper mid recession followed by several treble peaks. So it will sound sharper than the X on most tracks. The X has a similar treble quantity, but more energy in the upper mids so the transition is less drastic. The 3 tends to draw most of its detail from the treble. The X gets some of its energy from the upper mids so it “shares” the load.

May 9, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #5,480 of 6,385
I have the pre-fazor and I find it to have plenty of treble for my liking

May 9, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #5,481 of 6,385
But there’s a big difference in the upper mids between the X and 3. The 3 has a pretty big upper mid recession followed by several treble peaks. So it will sound sharper than the X on most tracks. The X has a similar treble quantity, but more energy in the upper mids so the transition is less drastic. The 3 tends to draw most of its detail from the treble. The X gets some of its energy from the upper mids so it “shares” the load.

Hence that “lush” yet sharp sound.

May 9, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #5,482 of 6,385
Hi could a kind member here share some opinions on the earpad options ?
I am choosing between Dekoni Sheepskin Pads or the ZMF Auteur Pads.
I am looking for similar thickness as the stock pads as well as more warmth in the low end.
What would be a good suggestion?

May 10, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #5,484 of 6,385
I replace with Audeze original pads and have not regretted it. It’s perfect. Went with the sheepskin leather.
The OG pads are a little out of my budget currently.
I narrowed down to either Dekoni / ZMF Auteur pads.
Just want to have an idea how users rate them and if they provide similar comfort (*and also thickness, warmth) with the stock.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated !

May 10, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #5,485 of 6,385

I haven't found this to be the case.
LCD3.PNG
Big thanks to a good friend of mine for doing this on another site!

May 10, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #5,487 of 6,385
I replace with Audeze original pads and have not regretted it. It’s perfect. Went with the sheepskin leather.

Absolutely.

The Audeze pads are great, not a huge fan of how they are glued on...but they sound fantastic

May 14, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #5,488 of 6,385
I haven't found this to be the case.

Big thanks to a good friend of mine for doing this on another site!
This does not look like Audeze's measurement graph. They still do individual driver measurement for LCD-3s.

May 14, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #5,489 of 6,385
This does not look like Audeze's measurement graph. They still do individual driver measurement for LCD-3s.

It is not. I personally find the Audeze provided graph useless; no idea of compensation curve used, and since we aren't privy to the system, no idea how it compares to other rigs. You might as well go on Paint and hand draw the graph.

This graph came from a system that I'm somewhat familiar with, having seen other headphones measured on the same system. It's on another site that I can't mention here (I'd be happy to PM you the links though).

May 14, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #5,490 of 6,385
Audeze's graphs provide useful reference and I believe they have been consistently using the same system and measurement technique for a decade now (I could be wrong). I have their graphs for various Audezes I have heard or owned over the past decade, and I know exactly what I need to EQ based on the graph they send me for my specific drivers.

Could you upload the Audeze graph for reference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back