Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #5,507 of 6,385
Exceptional pairing with Studio Six. LCD-3f has never sounded so good.

IMG-3367.JPG

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #5,514 of 6,385
When you remove grill, wire connected to the left side is positive and wire connected to the right side is negative.

Thanks, but not the information I was looking for. I pray I will never have any reason to monkey around inside the grills or under the earpads

Sep 1, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #5,515 of 6,385
So I've been trying 4 of my Audeze cables to match with the LCD 3.
1. LCD 4 stock
2. LCD 3 stock
3.Null audio vitesse + Rhodium tip
4. 24awg solid silver airloc + Rhodium tip

I've always stuck to the 24awg and the female vocals was always incoherent in a 'lush' way. Apparently Rhodium tip was too hot for the LCD 3 where the female vocals sit in a FR where it's incoherent. LCD 3 stock made the vocals very coherent but a touch lo-fi due to the weak highs.

Now to my surprise, LCD 4 stock cable is an insane match to the LCD 3. It gives enough brightness while keeping the vocals coherent. I like the Empyreans but it was no big deal really even if it was priced 1.2k. But this combo, it's like a really really good biocellulose/Empyrean sound. The tuning and voicing is just the right combination of being yummy and accurate. The speed is just enough as well to give it that sweetness and being forgiving to loudness wars albums.

Sadly, getting the LCD 4 stock isn't exactly a cheap purchase. :frowning2: But I highly recommend trying it. :)

Sep 6, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #5,516 of 6,385
Sep 10, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #5,517 of 6,385
How many versions of the LCD-3 are there? I think my version is the odd one out.... Doesn't sound like the descriptions I usually hear

Sep 11, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #5,518 of 6,385
My LCD3F 2017's wooden ring just broked and has some connection failure. I asked Audeze customer support and they asked for 350USD for the new ring and a new earpad because the old earpads will not survive being pulled off the headphones, so they will have to be replaced. Is it necessary to buy new earpads? Does anyone have a similar experience? How much does it cost for this repair? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back