Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #4,126 of 6,388
  I like the new strap better. The Lohb strap is a good fix, but it has a few issues IMO. First if you have a big head you have to get a the longer yokes in order to have the headphones fit as the Lohb straps make you lose 3-4 "clicks" on the adjustments. Second the strap causes the headphones to sit a bit precariously on your head, as they're suspended above a bit oddly and the center of gravity is shifted a bit. Not a huge deal, as it is more comfortable on your noggin, but it does feel a bit unbalanced at times. 

The new Audeze straps negate both of those issues, and they look Sierra Hotel with the carbon fiber. I'll likely be lining up for a new set (Xmas stocking perhaps?!)

Cheers 

I'm checking daily on the website for it's release. It will be a day one purchase.

I'm of the minority that actually does not find Audeze products uncomfortable. I just like the looks of the headband for the LCD-X. My LCD-3 I will leave. I have the brown strap and cups installed on them.

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #4,127 of 6,388
  I like the new strap better. The Lohb strap is a good fix, but it has a few issues IMO. First if you have a big head you have to get a the longer yokes in order to have the headphones fit as the Lohb straps make you lose 3-4 "clicks" on the adjustments. Second the strap causes the headphones to sit a bit precariously on your head, as they're suspended above a bit oddly and the center of gravity is shifted a bit. Not a huge deal, as it is more comfortable on your noggin, but it does feel a bit unbalanced at times. 

The new Audeze straps negate both of those issues, and they look Sierra Hotel with the carbon fiber. I'll likely be lining up for a new set (Xmas stocking perhaps?!)

Cheers 

Totally agree on those points regarding the Lohb strap, Im lucky I had my LCD3's on the first notch so had lots of room to move.

Looks like you have confirmed my suspicions I will certainly be getting the carbon fibre strap soon as its available!

Thanks for your impressions

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #4,128 of 6,388
Oct 21, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #4,130 of 6,388
It could be.

Hard to tell without a pic.

I spoke to Kim from Audeze. It should be on their site begining of November.

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #4,132 of 6,388
Yes, both LCD-3's Threads completed (how freakn' nerdy is that:wink:)!!!

Absolutely loving my 3f, waiting for the carbon suspension to pop up on the Audeze site, and saving for 4s.

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #4,133 of 6,388
Geez. I have just put on my classic version of the LCD3. I've been using the LCD-X exclusively for the past few months. The classic LCD-3 is soooooooo buttery. All notes hit each other cleanly. Not analytical.

I've been scared to use the LCD3C's as I want them to last forever. My WA22 tube amp plus the LCD3 is my A class combo. So damn emotional and dreamy.

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #4,134 of 6,388
Exactly why I ended up going with the 3f over the X. They are both great headphones, but for my taste the rich, beautiful, extravagant midrange of the 3f a better choice.

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #4,135 of 6,388
Exactly why I ended up going with the 3f over the X. They are both great headphones, but for my taste the rich, beautiful, extravagant midrange of the 3f a better choice.

It's not a thing you can hear when you switch between the two quickly. However if you use the X for a long while then switch to the 3 it becomes noticeable. It's like the sound wasn't that insane before. In a way the X is a little more polite and the 3 is a bit wild. I like having both tho. The 3 can be too much on some albums.

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #4,136 of 6,388
OK, now that I am loving my 3f, in typical Head Fi fashion, there is a new King!

http://headphone.guru/the-new-big-kid-on-the-block-the-awesome-audeze-lcd-4/

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #4,138 of 6,388
Nov 29, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #4,139 of 6,388

I stopped reading at "very impressive EL-8"... :/ Seems pretty clear Audeze did not do their best on that one.

Agree that the EL-8 was not their finest hour, but the LCD-4's are actually impressive IMHO. The calculus of course is whether they're worth 2x the price of the LCD-3s. I'd say no, but plenty will say yes. Either way I'd recommend giving them a listen and judging for yourself. Cheers 

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #4,140 of 6,388
  Agree that the EL-8 was not their finest hour, but the LCD-4's are actually impressive IMHO. The calculus of course is whether they're worth 2x the price of the LCD-3s. I'd say no, but plenty will say yes. Either way I'd recommend giving them a listen and judging for yourself. Cheers 

Oh, I will certainly listen to the LCD-4, and expect it will be great if the rest of the LCD lineup is any indication. I just want to see more reviewers take an even-handed approach toward popular company's lineups. Not everything particular audio firms do is peaches, even if 90% of it may indeed be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back