Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #4,096 of 6,388

- 1, I use 2 Bursons here (old Conductor and Virtuoso) with my LCD-3 f and I'm happy with both....

You have two Bursons, fantastic then you can listen in stereo 
biggrin.gif

Okay I will make sure I get your approval before I buy the next hifi gear as you seems to be concern about what I want to buy or not. Does it includes furniture as well, because I’m about to get me a new sofa 
cool.gif

Sep 13, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #4,097 of 6,388
Concur. Found the Burson Conductor and the LCD-3's to be a good match. Cheers

So why are you selling yours Conductor? 

Sep 13, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #4,099 of 6,388

So why are you selling yours Conductor? 

Just continuing the trip on the audio-gear merry ground. Was an early backer of the Geek Pulse Infinity so am using that now. Also have a Cavalli LC coming, so have too much gear around and am cleaning out a bit. Cheers

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #4,100 of 6,388
Just got my new LCD-3, which would be very exciting except that I don't get any audio on the right channel with the stock single-ended cable.

It's the same on four different amps (Gustard H10, Sony UDA1, Schiit Magni 2U, Project Ember II) that all work fine with all my other headphones. If I pull out the plug 1-2mm so that it's not quite fully seated, everything sound fine - I get the correct right channel audio on the right-side driver. So the issue is with the spacing of the ring on the TRS connector.

But it's not just shoddy QC. Both channels work fine with the included 6.3mm to miniplug adapter. I haven't managed to turn up anything with a search other than that the right channel eventually starts to cut out with the stock cable, but this has been a problem for me right out of the box.

Any ideas? The adapter works for now, but it's not really an ideal long-term solution. Should I just ask Audeze for a replacement?

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #4,101 of 6,388
Just got my new LCD-3, which would be very exciting except that I don't get any audio on the right channel with the stock single-ended cable.

It's the same on four different amps (Gustard H10, Sony UDA1, Schiit Magni 2U, Project Ember II) that all work fine with all my other headphones. If I pull out the plug 1-2mm so that it's not quite fully seated, everything sound fine - I get the correct right channel audio on the right-side driver. So the issue is with the spacing of the ring on the TRS connector.

But it's not just shoddy QC. Both channels work fine with the included 6.3mm to miniplug adapter. I haven't managed to turn up anything with a search other than that the right channel eventually starts to cut out with the stock cable, but this has been a problem for me right out of the box.

Any ideas? The adapter works for now, but it's not really an ideal long-term solution. Should I just ask Audeze for a replacement?

I would definitely get a replacement. No reason to accept an out of the box issue.

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #4,102 of 6,388

Sounds like a bad cable. Easy enough to get Audeze to replace. Cheers

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #4,103 of 6,388
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll go drop them a line right now. I am curious about the fact that the 6.3->3.5mm adapter works fine though. I guess it's just one of those things where the tolerances (or, lack thereof) just happen to match up.

But wow. Cable issues aside, the LCD-3 already sounds great.

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #4,104 of 6,388
Curiously enough, when I put my serial number (282 prefix) into their checker, it shows up as invalid. It's a brand new unit (August 31 manufacture) from an authorized dealer in the United States, so I'm pretty sure that it's (probably) not a counterfeit. I've inquired with them about that as well. Fun times.

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #4,106 of 6,388
Anyone get fatigue from how bright their LCD3's are? I'm thinking of switching to an LCD 2.

Try the Audioquest Nighthawks. Seriously, something about them gives like zero fatigue. I just happen to be selling my pair since I prefer the lcd3's.

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #4,107 of 6,388
Try the Audioquest Nighthawks. Seriously, something about them gives like zero fatigue. I just happen to be selling my pair since I prefer the lcd3's (see sig).

I prefer the LCD 3's too in terms of audio - i actually like the design of it even though it looks so gaudy in pictures. In person it's much better.

I think the fatigue comes from the brightness and the clamping. Compared to the HD700 (which is probably the softest and most comfy headphones ive ever tried) the LCD 3 is like a dinosaur.

I just put on the LCD2's to see which one to keep. The highs are not as piercing on the LCD2's and this causes less fatigue. I have really good hearing so I think that's probably why.

Still deciding between which to keep - cost is not an issue.

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #4,109 of 6,388
Anyone use the Woo WA7 with the LCD 3? I'm not liking the combo too much. Maybe my expectations are too high...

Really? I love the combo. No complaints!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back